What's new

Useless things about your day!

Damn get well soon.

What are normies?

The one time that I made it all of the way through I knew the defendant.

Another time I accidentally/ unknowingly brought weapons into the courthouse and placed them into the tray:homer:. They told me to put everything that wasn't my Id and truck key in my truck, then to walk around the line and metal detector to be wanded and patted down. So I did.... I was quickly rushed and about to be tackled before the guard that gave me the instructions got everyone calmed down. I was only 18 or 19.
Normies are normal people, people that don't have to pull the pocket knives out of their jeans that we forget are there. They asked if my boots were steel toe at the metal detector, i said ya, they're composite but I had left everything I thought of in the truck and already taken my belt off.

I'll be fine soon, I'm too much of an asshole to die youngish.:flipoff2:

Sign came in today.

gdfgretyte5r.jpg

Barely had enough semi gloss powder to coat my friends wheels. Hoping I got everywhere. Otherwise I’m going to have to get more and heat/spray them again

tiny trailer rehab continues.
I need to paint the fenders. Riveting the deck back on today fucking sucked.
thank goodness for air pop rivet gun though. Would have extra sucked if I'd had to squeeze all those bastards.

Attachments

• IMG_20210630_183414294.jpg
    IMG_20210630_183414294.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210630_203809248.jpg
    IMG_20210630_203809248.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 41
Sir Lix-A-Lot jumped up in the dump trailer and is rooting around for something. I have to imagine it has something to do with the big ol dead squirrel that Diggy Smalls is currently dragging around the yard.

1625157544551.png

Kiddo's been home sick today. Its freaky, he's got a decently sore throat so he talks real raspy. He sounds like he's 14.

Took down a bunch of trees over the weekend. Had a smallish pine land at the edge of the driveway. The Husky 450 wasn't really running that well. Ran rough. Bitch to start. Tore into it. Looked ok? Blew out the air filter. Got down to the top of the carb and carb cleaned it out. Plug was plenty wet, but just didn't want to run that well. Got it going and bucked up the pine. But any time I shut it off, I had to yank that thing about ten times to get it going again. I'm going to have to strip the thing all the way down. Get the carb completely out.

spent the day scraping up road gravel that got spread atop well packed manure that got spread atop some real nice road base

fucking previous owners apparently didn't want to haul their shit far, so they dumped it on the fucking driveway then had gravel put on top of it?
I dunno. Place used to have a tie-stall dairy barn, but the last cows on the property were in the '60s according to the neighbor. Still smells like its fresh when you scrape it up.

stackup has like 3" of good class 5, then 3" of black cow shit packed so tight that it is solid and flaky like clay, then god only knows how deep of... well its gravel in topsoil, but its been beaten down in there good enough that its pretty doggone solid

I could really use something like larboc's trommel haha
lost a lot of gravel in with the shit I've got piled up as topsoil

Kiddo's been home sick today. Its freaky, he's got a decently sore throat so he talks real raspy. He sounds like he's 14.

Took down a bunch of trees over the weekend. Had a smallish pine land at the edge of the driveway. The Husky 450 wasn't really running that well. Ran rough. Bitch to start. Tore into it. Looked ok? Blew out the air filter. Got down to the top of the carb and carb cleaned it out. Plug was plenty wet, but just didn't want to run that well. Got it going and bucked up the pine. But any time I shut it off, I had to yank that thing about ten times to get it going again. I'm going to have to strip the thing all the way down. Get the carb completely out.
you do understand that the baseline setting for the screws is one turn out from bottomed, right?
every little two stroke I get from a 'mechanic' has the screws backed waaaay the fuck out

GF has a cousin that lives nearby. A couple of years ago he ended up rolling his truck into a ravine in the winter and was stuck in it for almost three days before he was found. He never did recover from the wreck very well so came home and got a cat and just lived his life puttering around his place.

We heard a ton of sirens a couple of days ago and found out tonight what it was. His cat went missing in the heat and he figured it might be down in the ravine behind his house so he went looking for it. Well his GF gets home from work and he still isn't back so she goes looking for him, follows the trail and finds him stone dead down at the bottom. Coroner says it was instant as there is no evidence of him trying to break his fall or moving after he hit the ground.

It sure has my mind going into overdrive wondering about the significance of the ravine in his death. It's like he cheated the reaper the first time so the reaper laid a trap.

you do understand that the baseline setting for the screws is one turn out from bottomed, right?
every little two stroke I get from a 'mechanic' has the screws backed waaaay the fuck out
I haven't touched the screws yet. They're at the same setting from when I bought it.

Probably not your issue, but a maintenance item that’s often overlooked is the fuel filter in the gas tank. You might want to replace that the same time you go through the carb if you haven’t swapped it recently.
Yea, I may just do that. Saw's about three years old. YEsterday was the first time I took the cover off. It always ran perfect. Second pull on the first start. Fired right up. Every time. Just gave me issues this weekend for the first time. I'm going to have to go through it.

GF has a cousin that lives nearby. A couple of years ago he ended up rolling his truck into a ravine in the winter and was stuck in it for almost three days before he was found. He never did recover from the wreck very well so came home and got a cat and just lived his life puttering around his place.

We heard a ton of sirens a couple of days ago and found out tonight what it was. His cat went missing in the heat and he figured it might be down in the ravine behind his house so he went looking for it. Well his GF gets home from work and he still isn't back so she goes looking for him, follows the trail and finds him stone dead down at the bottom. Coroner says it was instant as there is no evidence of him trying to break his fall or moving after he hit the ground.

It sure has my mind going into overdrive wondering about the significance of the ravine in his death. It's like he cheated the reaper the first time so the reaper laid a trap.

Creepy

Buddy and I were scheming about how to move shipping containers around at his new property to build a shop. I then remembered we had an old crane sitting at work that we were forced to replace because CA

Asked about it and the response was "its scrap, just haul it outta here". So instead of building some contraption out of trailer wheels he is now the proud owner of a 15T crane for $free.99 that runs, drives, and mostly operates aside from a few hydraulic leaks.

IMG-5537.jpg

Yea, I may just do that. Saw's about three years old. YEsterday was the first time I took the cover off. It always ran perfect. Second pull on the first start. Fired right up. Every time. Just gave me issues this weekend for the first time. I'm going to have to go through it.
Check the fuel lines carefully for splits at the nipples.

It's probably sucking air. Same goes for the fuel primer bulb.

Just get a roll of line and a pack of fuel pickups/filters and replace them.
Odds are that it's all gotten brittle and is cracked inside the tank.

Aaron Z

So apparently you can't rent a vehicle short notice on a holiday week!
My truck was scheduled for some bodywork and the shop wanted me to drop it off on Monday but I cannot rent anything from Enterprize or Hurtz for next week. Oh well, it can wait.

My truck was scheduled for some bodywork and the shop wanted me to drop it off on Monday but I cannot rent anything from Enterprize or Hurtz for next week. Oh well, it can wait.

This is why you have a shitbox. I've thought about selling my 200k 1999 honda accord a thousand times, it served its purpose and i really only use it for parts runs. Times like this its invaluable.

Yea, I need to dig a bit further in. Everything is so tight in there. I'm going to take the case right off. Give myself some room to work.

Hungry I stopped into burger king and had the Chi'King sandwich.

It looked nice and seemed high quality for FF.

Tasted bland.

This is why you have a shitbox. I've thought about selling my 200k 1999 honda accord a thousand times, it served its purpose and i really only use it for parts runs. Times like this its invaluable.
I normally do but I just sold my F250 the other day and just had a F350 dropped off at my house today but it will be a bit before I can register it.
ETA: truth be told I could probably get by without a rental but since the insurance co is paying I may as well.

discovered that my tail light has been leaking water.

right when that water killed the fancy amplifier in my junk.
shit.

Attachments

• IMG_20210702_190051634.jpg
    IMG_20210702_190051634.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 49
6760D994-9E60-4A3D-AD5E-C7B0A032C506.jpeg

292k. Cream puff straight outta’88. Dad’s farm truck i conned my buddy out of. Everything works. Nice to have while we maintain other rides.

You could give me a brand new truck of my choice, I'll take it... but I'm also keeping my worn out Santa Fe.

As a ginger, I am well aware stick and MIG welding is a bad idea without a shirt on. Today I learned even an hour or so of TIG welding in a wifebeater is also a bad idea…

I normally do but I just sold my F250 the other day and just had a F350 dropped off at my house today but it will be a bit before I can register it.
ETA: truth be told I could probably get by without a rental but since the insurance co is paying I may as well.

All fine and good on your end, but what about the poor bastard mechanic that had his time scheduled to work on your wreck? Now he is essentially out of work when you no show.

Top Back Refresh