What's new

Useless things about your day!

39000# machine is more than enough.

Just cut and push. Don't drop shit on yourself.
The next thing I have to check on is height. I've got wires running up my driveway. After the tree fell on them during a storm, the wires were about a foot above my truck. They came back a few weeks later and snugged them up, but they're not that high off the ground. I'll have to measure.

An excavator might take a bit more skill than a Chainsaw. Just sayin' :flipoff2:
Chainsaw I'm fine with. Except when I'm beat tired and forget the kill switch. :laughing:

Its the getting hung up in trees that sucks. :homer: :laughing:

In other news, I got that mower running. Cleaned out the carb through and through. Ran better, but still sucked. Drained the fuel and cleared it right up. Two issues though. Once at full throttle, doesn't come back down when I yank the lever back to low speed very quickly. Takes a little time for it drop back down. Second issue is a bit bigger. At low speed, that thing has a horrible knock. I'm thinking someone ran this thing with no oil at one point. High speed clears right up though.

Mowed the lawn with it. Did just fine. It just needs to be run is all. That thing must have sat for awhile. But with the knock, I think I just bought myself a second mower because I really don't feel comfortable selling it to someone.

wire throttle to maximum rabbit
remove control from handle to eliminate questions
Oh, it sits at max. The butterfly valves sticks wide open. There's an entire network of springs and levers to get it to return to low speed. There's a springs to a lever, to a lever, to another lever and it goes down into the bottom end. Not sure if its vacuum or something. I can move it by and and it goes back to low, but on its own its stuck there. But it runs fine. Starts on the first pull.

you might need a different get rich quick scheme if you don't even know how a mower's governor works
eh fuck it you'll figure it out

huh. never thought of the uprooting them aspect. I never thought an ex would be able to simply knock them over either. That'd be great. I was thinking just notch em', not worry about them getting hung up, then dragging them out with the ex. My tractor just isn't large enough for these really big trees. But a full size ex is no problem.
Way easier to push the tree over while attached to the stump, two birds, one excavator. If need be grab a couple buckets of soil , breaking the roots around the tree first. Now go back to Boston where you fit in.:beer:

Welp, I've got the rest of the week off. Kiddo is gone too. Was planning a multiday ride on the bike, but rain is on the way. Was going to go for a ride today, but bunch of drama this morning. Led to me having to drop kiddo off after the dog pissed all over the carpet upstairs and down the stairs. So I got stuck with that. It smells like dog piss upstairs now, so I'm about 5m from driving my ass to Home Depot and picking up 20 boxes of vinyl flooring instead of taking a few days off.

Was waiting on the wife to get back from her run, and took the Husky 450 apart. Its's been running like shit. Stripped the carb, new filters, and new plug. Runs perfect again. So that was a good feeling to get that all sorted.

local "news" faceballs said:
2 AMISH BUGGYS COLLIDE WHEN FIREWORKS SET-OFF
On 7-04-2021 around 10:07pm the Ashland Post of the Ohio Highway Patrol, Ashland County Sheriff’s Office along with the Polk Fire Department & EMS responded to a two Amish Buggy Crash on County Road 175 just North of State Route 604.
An Ashland Post Trooper said two Amish Buggy were traveling South on Ashland County Road 175 when Fireworks were set off scaring the horse.
The 19-year-old Amish girl later identified as Sarah Shetler of Ashland could not control the frighten horse and it collided with another buggy before going off the side of the road.
Sarah Shetler was ejected from the buggy and sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to Samaritan Hospital by Polk EMS.
The crash remains under investigation by the Ohio Highway Patrol.

what the fuck are we investigating here? horse got spooked, horse crashed, amish come clean up their own mess.

As odd as it sounds, I'd like to live with the Amish folk for a week.

Amish are a plague. When they move into an area they'll trespass and hunt everything out of their neighbors timber, and love to go find public fishing areas and fish them out. Constantly asking for rides and to use your phone. The new order amish and Mennonites are a little better, but the old order amish are terrible.

As odd as it sounds, I'd like to live with the Amish folk for a week.
come on down. You too can dodge horse shit on the highway and try to avoid buggies that turn left from the shoulder with no warning in front of you.
at least their putting lights on them now. 20 years ago they didn't even have reflectors, but I still don't think we had as many accidents. Gotta be 5 or 6 amish killed in my county in night car crashes this year.

the amish are just, the amish. Some good, some bad, but they mostly keep to themselves and take care of it.
The ex amish are the ones that you want to talk to if you really want to know how it works.

Amish are a plague. When they move into an area they'll trespass and hunt everything out of their neighbors timber, and love to go find public fishing areas and fish them out. Constantly asking for rides and to use your phone. The new order amish and Mennonites are a little better, but the old order amish are terrible.
this is also true.

They'll drive deer from one side of a field to the other all the while shooting at each other to kill a whole herd.

I'm just drawn to the whole, to hell with technology bit.

I'm just drawn to the whole, to hell with technology bit.
They don't actually do that. Most of them have cordless tools for their construction side businesses, keep chest freezers at neighbors houses for their meat, and have cell phones stashed at businesses in town.

The amish are absolutely not what you think they are. I've been around them for 20+ years and my FIL is friends with some of them.

*edit -
My youngest son and a friend of his drove a couple local 20-ish year old amish guys to a wedding in Pennsylvania a couple years ago. This is old order amish. Out there they had a "convenience store" out in the woods for the local teenagers to buy beer and cigs.

They don't actually do that. Most of them have cordless tools for their construction side businesses, keep chest freezers at neighbors houses for their meat, and have cell phones stashed at businesses in town.

The amish are absolutely not what you think they are. I've been around them for 20+ years and my FIL is friends with some of them.
they don't have to hide phones anymore.
pre paid means it's OK now, I guess.
and solar panels on the roof to charge them. tractors, with steel wheels that tear up the road. because rubber wheels are a problem for some reason, but a 70hp diesel tractor is cool.
The amish should be looked at as a business enterprise with legal tax evasion because they choose to do it harder than necessary.

I was at a dinner party (rich people shit) on Saturday. Just found out two of them tested positive for covid on the 4th. I mustve talked with the guy for 30 min face to face. They were vaccinated. I was the only person to my knowledge who wasnt as it was a big hoopla this morning.

I feel great, why should I get poked with a needle again? The New York propaganda machine plays non stop on the TV.

they don't have to hide phones anymore.
pre paid means it's OK now, I guess.
and solar panels on the roof to charge them. tractors, with steel wheels that tear up the road. because rubber wheels are a problem for some reason, but a 70hp diesel tractor is cool.
The amish should be looked at as a business enterprise with legal tax evasion because they choose to do it harder than necessary.
the old order here still don't do any of that. Some families moved to an area about 30 minutes away and they have running water and cell phones, but still use horses and no electricity. They use gas powered air compressors to pump water out of their wells.

the old order here still don't do any of that. Some families moved to an area about 30 minutes away and they have running water and cell phones, but still use horses and no electricity. They use gas powered air compressors to pump water out of their wells.
running water is a no go here.

the differences between sects are always crazy. a couple of guys just telling a whole community what's ok and what's not.

They use gas powered air compressors to pump water out of their wells.
now you got me thinking about how feasible it'd be to airlift water into a water tower on a commercial scale rather than using a conventional pump to get it up there

but they do
without running water
or AC

And only bathing every other weekend, before church.

and constantly in some kind of animal feces, which is constantly on their clothes or boots

without using any kind of deodorant or other scented cover up

in houses that typically are full of mold because of poor ventilation

now you got me thinking about how feasible it'd be to airlift water into a water tower on a commercial scale rather than using a conventional pump to get it up there

They push some pretty deep wells with air.

Top Back Refresh