What's new

Useless things about your day!

Mom lives next to a concert venue. I've been sitting in her living room having a few beers with the doors and windows open listening to Badfish (Sublime cover band). Not a bad Saturday.
Pretty sure I saw them down at coco beach. They were decent.

well that's gone from "find a leak" to "fuck it I'm cleaning errrrythiiiiing" pretty quickly.

There's a lot of shit in this car. Fucking seats weigh a ton. most of the interior pieces are already cleaned. I just have to do the center console and the seats.
IMG_20210710_180025184.jpg
IMG_20210710_205922059.jpg
IMG_20210710_210913612.jpg

Back on my regular schedule. First time back to working saturdays…..fuck it was nice having weekends off.

Found a $600 M18 toolset for $300 on northern tool. Was leaning towards the M12 drill/impact combo but found this deal
38A95081-28C3-4812-861E-7858CB9AC182.png

My wife likes painting my toe nails. It's usually followed by hours of sex. So I let her paint them whatever she feels like.
besides, I like them pretty.
:laughing: And here I thought I was the only one.:laughing: I still remember my dad noticing for the first time, he was in his '80s by then. He just kinda sighed and started walking away, I mention how much sex I would get afterwards and that got me a smirk and a little grin but he was still shaking his head.:laughing:

You're a closet lesbian.

:laughing: And here I thought I was the only one.:laughing: I still remember my dad noticing for the first time, he was in his '80s by then. He just kinda sighed and started walking away, I mention how much sex I would get afterwards and that got me a smirk and a little grin but he was still shaking his head.:laughing:
apparently you are also a lesbian.

finally picked up a 500gal propane tank
now I get to figure out how the fuck they set up the ports on it
it appears to have a liquid port but its teed off the gas port, though it is a wierd tee that's socket welded on one leg of the run and the liquid port is on the other leg of the run, maybe the liquid port has a line attached to it with a clunk that finds its way to the bottom of the tank.
Gonna rebuild all the valves while its empty anyways

Liquid port will have a “dip tube” that draws liquid from the bottom. Gas port pulls from the top.

Liquid port will have a “dip tube” that draws liquid from the bottom. Gas port pulls from the top.
clearly
googling it further what I thought was the liquid port is actually a vapor return valve
shitfuck
there's a bigass 2" npt bung on the bottom of the tank but that'd be a pain in the ass to tap into because its right on the bottom in the dirt
might take the vapor return valve out and thread in a normal POL valve with a section of 3/8 polypropylene tubing stuck to it for a diptube
the poly will flex and allow me to screw the valve into the tank (this is an end fill tank, btw) and if I clock the tubing on the valve correctly the natural curve of the poly line will make it spring toward the bottom of the tank, slash cut the end so it doesn't suck to the bottom and bingo bango

ETA: that is if the 1-3/4" acme fill port isn't diptubed like I hear they are
if it is, then I'll just make up an adapter to stick a valve onto that

Rented a carpet extruder machine to see if I can get he smell of dog piss out in kiddo's bedroom. Pup had a couple accidents there. This heat and humidity just really amped the smell up. Rented the machine and it was damp for a day. Felt like it took care of it.

Just put kiddo to bed. It smells sooooooo bad. So, tearing the carpet out after work tomorrow. I'll be putting the vinyl flooring there this weekend probably. ugh

I bought a used kraut mobile today. Apparently I like having difficult to work on things in my life. At least the purchase price wasn't outrageous. :homer:

Rented a carpet extruder machine to see if I can get he smell of dog piss out in kiddo's bedroom. Pup had a couple accidents there. This heat and humidity just really amped the smell up. Rented the machine and it was damp for a day. Felt like it took care of it.

Just put kiddo to bed. It smells sooooooo bad. So, tearing the carpet out after work tomorrow. I'll be putting the vinyl flooring there this weekend probably. ugh
you run a dehumidifier or two and a few fans in the room after using the carpetsoaker?
because that's how you get black mold and mildew and piss stink soaked into the subflooring

you run a dehumidifier or two and a few fans in the room after using the carpetsoaker?
because that's how you get black mold and mildew and piss stink soaked into the subflooring
Bunch of fans, yes.

Carpet is coming out tomorrow.

Got the clutch bled in the Aerostar today. Holy shit I have to re-learn how to drive now that the engagement area is at the bottom of the pedal travel instead of the top. Peeled out like 10x just going across town. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh