What's new

Useless things about your day!

or just take two boards up there and crawl on one while dragging the other to the front
expect nail pops in the ceiling below because you're gonna be compacting the insulation up there pretty bad

if there's enough headroom and your knees will let you squat in there, just walk on the joists/bc/whatever
I'm just going to wait for plywood to come down I think. I don't see the HVAC thing going until next year anyways. I'll bring up some planks if lumber is still stupid.

You lost me on the nail pops. I'm not going to be compacting the insulation. The plywood is going to be on the joists. Just so I can walk. Only half a sheet wide for a path. The insulation is in-between the joists so it won't be affected.

I have to crouch, and I can't squat because of the knee replacements. I can kneel, buts its freaking miserable. I just scoot around on my ass.

You lost me on the nail pops. I'm not going to be compacting the insulation. The plywood is going to be on the joists. Just so I can walk. Only half a sheet wide for a path. The insulation is in-between the joists so it won't be affected.

I have to crouch, and I can't squat because of the knee replacements. I can kneel, buts its freaking miserable. I just scoot around on my ass.
I'll probably be needing robot knees soon. :\

insulation up there should be at least like a foot deep, breh
the fuck you doing?

I'll probably be needing robot knees soon. :\

insulation up there should be at least like a foot deep, breh
the fuck you doing?
There are no returns upstairs. I have four 8" flex lines going up feeding heat/ac. The air just barely fizzles out of the upstairs vents even with the dampeners all closed downstairs. I'm going to reduce the lines to just one going up to gain more flow, going to cut in a few returns in the walls, then use the existing 8" flex line as a return to plumb back into the system. In the attic itself, there's a mass of those flex pipes laying all over. Going to remove the flex, install a solid duct with feed lines to each of the vents.

No idea if any of this will work, but this is the shit I think about when I'm pooping for taking a shower. In my head it should work, but I know I'll manage to screw it up somehow.

no I meant that as 'what kind of mess of a life do you have where there ain't at least r-60 worth of insulation in your attic'

no I meant that as 'what kind of mess of a life do you have where there ain't at least r-60 worth of insulation in your attic'
The kind where I still have delusions of finishing the attic and insulating the roof. :flipoff2:

Lent out my tractor. Told me a cylinder was leaking. Thanks dick. Now I've got to get it rebuilt and there is fucking scratches all on the ram.

20210715_171944.jpg
20210715_164624.jpg

I was always taught when you borrow something like that, you return it in the same shape or better. Why isn’t that person doing it?
Was taught the same. Not thrilled about it, that friendship just went down a peg or two. I asked him twice to repair it, instead I got a 5 gallon bucket of fluid. It'll remain on my property from now on.

Was taught the same. Not thrilled about it, that friendship just went down a peg or two. I asked him twice to repair it, instead I got a 5 gallon bucket of fluid. It'll remain on my property from now on.
I'm not sure what happened to the "return in same shape or better" concept, but I've been burned enough times that I don't lend anything to pretty much anyone. Go rent one from Home Depot.

Go dump bucket on something of his

You have any idea how slow this morning was? :mad3:

:flipoff2: :laughing:

Lent out my tractor. Told me a cylinder was leaking. Thanks dick. Now I've got to get it rebuilt and there is fucking scratches all on the ram.

20210715_171944.jpg
20210715_164624.jpg
Went to hydraulic repair place this morning, he said at $107/hr I'm better off ordering a new one from kioti. They deal with big shit typically. More running around for something I didn't break.

Started on the flooring last night. took a little bit to get myself going with the setup. started banging along though. got almost half of it done. now that the start is there, I can drone along. hoping to get it almost done tonight. just the wife and I tonight since kiddo is camping with my folks. we'll see how much actually gets done, heh

Went to hydraulic repair place this morning, he said at $107/hr I'm better off ordering a new one from kioti. They deal with big shit typically. More running around for something I didn't break.
that sucks.

JB weld to smooth the rod and new packing.

If you're not using the tractor enough you can afford to loan it out then you're not using it enough for that kind of repair to fail you.

I watered the lawn all last night. I ended up having to go to the basement a while ago and oh fucking joy I see the hose bib has failed somehow and leaked into the house and fucked up a bunch of drywall and stuff. Insurance deductible is 1K Ouch.

I thought it was just me
I watered the lawn all last night. I ended up having to go to the basement a while ago and oh fucking joy I see the hose bib has failed somehow and leaked into the house and fucked up a bunch of drywall and stuff. Insurance deductible is 1K Ouch.
air it out, those restoration companies will just show up and do that

Order it
Order and send it COD to his house

Crawled under the house Wednesday night to look for water leak making the tub have low water pressure. Found that the 3” sewer pipe separated(came unglued it looks like) from the down pipe of the toilet…..AND the 1.5” drain for the sink pulled out of the 45*fitting too. Looking around there is only 1 working support bracket(and 2 broken ones) for the entire area under the bathroom. One metal strap plumbers tape was removed by them to allow them to install the Y fitting and left hanging too. :mad3: I’m supposed to be getting a call on Monday. If I don’t then I will be going to their office. Master bathroom is not usable at this point without causing more of a mess under the house 🙄

I went to the basement this morning to find a 1/2" of water in it.
sweet.

literally pouring in by the chimney. Downspout was plugged. One fucking downspout.
so 4 shopvacs full of water later and now it's down there with the dehumidifier with a garden hose to the drain.
that's on the other side of the house, that doesn't drain that part of the basement.

why couldn't it have been the downspout on that side of the house?
I'm not having great luck with drains and trees it seems.

on the other hand I did get the back seat of the car put together last night.
It probably hasn't been this clean since it left the factory.
because sunroof I guess. fucking trees and rain
. IMG_20210716_195809702.jpg IMG_20210716_202114407.jpg

I have a stereo to install in my truck and I want to clean it out anf reorganize it, but its fuckin hot out and Im just not feeling it.

Mine is full of plumbing parts and tools I don't want to fuck with it either.

Im talking about my semi. I need to pull my sheets and dirty clothes out, organize my tools, sweep out the floor change the rug in the sleeper floor. Shit gets so disorganized throughout the week and by the time I get home at the end of the week, I just don't want to fuck with it.

Im talking about my semi. I need to pull my sheets and dirty clothes out, organize my tools, sweep out the floor change the rug in the sleeper floor. Shit gets so disorganized throughout the week and by the time I get home at the end of the week, I just don't want to fuck with it.
My first job driving I had to share a truck, we were three weeks in it and one out. 1st time I get in the truck it was worse than what you describe, I call the owner and tell him to get buddy to come clean his shit up before I head out, he calls back pretty quick and says buddy can't come he's drunk.

I bobtailed over to the nearest dumpster and proceeded to clean it up, clothes, personal items, sheets all of it, it took me hours.

Eventually it's buddy's turn back in the truck and I left it spotless and told him he better do the same for me. He didn't say a word about where his shit went and a few days later he quit and abandon the rig. Boss and I go out to pick it up and it's totally detailed with a little post it note on the wheel that said "happy now"?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Upstairs bedroom flooring = DONE

That was a job. There wasn't a single wall that was square. Still have to do the closet, but that can wait a week.

I'm going to do the stairs leading up, the landing at the top of the stairs, and the other bedroom, but I'll have to buy more flooring for that. But before I can do the landing, we're going to paint. But before we paint, I need to cut a few holes and do the HVAC work for the returns. I'm thinking the upstairs may be at a pause for a little bit. Let the bank roll replenish a little bit, and have it not be 140º in the attic while I work.

I need a beer.

My first job driving I had to share a truck, we were three weeks in it and one out. 1st time I get in the truck it was worse than what you describe, I call the owner and tell him to get buddy to come clean his shit up before I head out, he calls back pretty quick and says buddy can't come he's drunk.

I bobtailed over to the nearest dumpster and proceeded to clean it up, clothes, personal items, sheets all of it, it took me hours.

Eventually it's buddy's turn back in the truck and I left it spotless and told him he better do the same for me. He didn't say a word about where his shit went and a few days later he quit and abandon the rig. Boss and I go out to pick it up and it's totally detailed with a little post it note on the wheel that said "happy now"?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:laughing:

Talk about a bitch move.

Top Back Refresh