What's new

Useless things about your day!

clearly
googling it further what I thought was the liquid port is actually a vapor return valve
shitfuck
there's a bigass 2" npt bung on the bottom of the tank but that'd be a pain in the ass to tap into because its right on the bottom in the dirt
might take the vapor return valve out and thread in a normal POL valve with a section of 3/8 polypropylene tubing stuck to it for a diptube
the poly will flex and allow me to screw the valve into the tank (this is an end fill tank, btw) and if I clock the tubing on the valve correctly the natural curve of the poly line will make it spring toward the bottom of the tank, slash cut the end so it doesn't suck to the bottom and bingo bango

ETA: that is if the 1-3/4" acme fill port isn't diptubed like I hear they are
if it is, then I'll just make up an adapter to stick a valve onto that
I'll clean it up and get another pic tomorrow if it's of use. Don't know if buried or above ground are different. Everything comes off of one riser on the buried.
Gas tank.jpg

I'll clean it up and get another pic tomorrow if it's of use. Don't know if buried or above ground are different. Everything comes off of one riser on the buried.
Gas tank.jpg
yeah multivalve is what they call that (leelu dallas multipass)
they didn't have those in '57 when they built this tank, lol

interesting...
maybe I should RV plate my school bus and flatbed the rear 20' of frame
I've known two people with schoolies.

same bus actually.
first owner it was just the bare minimum to get rv plates.
second owner is quite a craftsman and he built out the interior to rival a pimp ass motorhome. leather couches, pug tunnel under the bench seat/bed. built giant under belly tanks, runs it on waste motor oil. nearly round tripped to moab from atlanta on one tank of fuel.
just slow.

Headed into our July 2-day Trials event I'm sitting with an OK lead in the class. Bikes prepped, bus will get loaded up tonight. Was ok until Sunday night, feeling a bit off. Woke up yesterday feeling like death. Head full of snot, coughing like crazy, sweats. Loaded up on the vitas and some OTC drugs. Feeling a little better today but back is jacked up from coughing all night. Antihistamines seem to be more effective than cold/flu so I'm thinking it's just some mega allergies with this rain we finally got.

I need to get over this shit fast this week so I can keep kicking Sam's ass this weekend.
Well that went better than expected.

2nd in class Sat, 2nd in class Sun, 1st overall for the weekend. :smokin:

1626094138894.png

The one on the island.
mmk. We have boats, mountains, hotels, and everything else here called the Mount Washington. The actual mountain here doesn't have a chair lift, so I thought perhaps I missed something. :laughing:

Surprise OSHA inspection at the workplace today and I'm the only one in the shop. yo, am I under arrest or am I free to go!!!?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you folks are building down in Arkansas, but there was an eight door F350 rolling through town with AR plates. Had a short bed on it too. Looked factory driving by. That was sort of neat.

I'm not sure what you folks are building down in Arkansas, but there was an eight door F350 rolling through town with AR plates. Had a short bed on it too. Looked factory driving by. That was sort of neat.
that had to be 30+ feet long and a real joy to park at HyVee. lol

mmk. We have boats, mountains, hotels, and everything else here called the Mount Washington. The actual mountain here doesn't have a chair lift, so I thought perhaps I missed something. :laughing:

Hahaha nah, mt washington is the local (2.5hrs away) ski hill. A few years back they had the deepest snowpack in North America. Next time I think I'm gonna spend the weekend and hit up the zip lines too...long one is about 2400' and the highest one is 275' off the ground. They looked badass!

So I got home this afternoon and found a new Trump 2024 flag waiting for me:smokin:
I have a Trump 2020, an American flag and a Don't tread on Me flag on the gable end of my garage which is close to the road :lmao:
Someone's a fan

Safety meeting this morning turned a questionable day into a bad one for production. SafetyGenius came out this afternoon to make sure were still violating everything we were the last 2 visits, and undoubtedly added a few more to his list.

At this point if I get fired for anything, people are getting thank you cards and I'll buy a few rounds at the bar.

Got all the carpet yanked out of kiddo's bedroom last night. Thursday going down to get the vinyl flooring. Kiddo flipped his shit though. We had just organized his room the way he wanted it after we ran that cleaner. I came home and tore everything out. Oh he was mad. :laughing:

That sucked though. Carpet was barely used. It had two pee spots on it and it just reaked upstairs.

If you haven't bought your underlayment yet. Its about 1/3 or 1/4 of the price for the same thing on Amazon vs any box / flooring store.

If you haven't bought your underlayment yet. Its about 1/3 or 1/4 of the price for the same thing on Amazon vs any box / flooring store.
The stuff we bought has the underlayment right on the planks. None needed.

Imo you still need the underlayment. Completely different density and use, foam is more for cushon and taking out any small dust you missed on the floor, also makes it easier to clean as you are installing the floor depending on the subfloor. The dense backer they put on is more for marketing and can help with slight imperfections and waves in the floor.

This is what I have used on the past per sq foot its a no brainer imo. AMERIQUE 691322306910 800SQFT Premium 3MM Thick Super Quiet Floor Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier 3-in-1 Heavy Duty, 800 Squareft Royal Blue Square Feet (4 Rolls) - - Amazon.com

Imo you still need the underlayment. Completely different density and use, foam is more for cushon and taking out any small dust you missed on the floor, also makes it easier to clean as you are installing the floor depending on the subfloor. The dense backer they put on is more for marketing and can help with slight imperfections and waves in the floor.

This is what I have used on the past per sq foot its a no brainer imo. AMERIQUE 691322306910 800SQFT Premium 3MM Thick Super Quiet Floor Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier 3-in-1 Heavy Duty, 800 Squareft Royal Blue Square Feet (4 Rolls) - - Amazon.com
We ran the LifeProof stuff from Home Depot and its been solid.

"No – LifeProof™ includes a pre-attached sound mitigating pad. Do not use any additional sound suppression underlayment or padding, as doing so will void the LifeProof™ Limited Warranty"

/shrug

Finally got the side panel of the tub off. Haven’t pulled the hoses to check for water pressure problems. No fresh water leaks that I can see. Did find this though :mad3: the contractors definitely are at fault for not closing up that hole.

Attachments

• 067912DC-1278-4885-BF67-AB9AB241321D.jpeg
    067912DC-1278-4885-BF67-AB9AB241321D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • 3F5B50E0-06A5-42E8-B106-D0789A9196B3.jpeg
    3F5B50E0-06A5-42E8-B106-D0789A9196B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
what be it?
buy the ross tech software for VAG.
Steal the BMW software.
'10 Passat
ouch man
benzin nicht gut
auto ist kartoffel
ist un kartoffel, but a paid for kartoffel. It's not a bad looking kartoffel as far as kartoffels go.

I have had several manual, have one now, and commute or commuted in them. Too much city or rush hour traffic. A turbo krautwagon with a manual would be fun for off hours commuting and bombing around in.

'10 Passat

ist un kartoffel, but a paid for kartoffel. It's not a bad looking kartoffel as far as kartoffels go.
I have had several manual, have one now, and commute or commuted in them. Too much city or rush hour traffic. A turbo krautwagon with a manual would be fun for off hours commuting and bombing around in.
uhhh 10 should be transverse, so at least it isn't that fucked up dodge stratus transmission
manual might be a curse, as around that time they got DMFs that like to fail, and concentric slave cylinders that like to fail
if its a timing chain motor it'll eat those chain guides unless you keep fresh oil in it and even then...
the up-side is that if it does really fuck up it's pretty easy to swap a mechanical 1.6d in the place of the gas motor

Picked up all the flooring for the upstairs bedroom yesterday. $1600 later. But, I got a bit more than I think I'm going to need. Kiddo is gone for a few days so I'm hoping to have that done before he gets back. Next bit I think is going to be routing the HVAC. The hangup being there is no flooring in the attic. I have to walk on all the beams. I need to lay down plywood, but screw that for right now.

The hangup being there is no flooring in the attic. I have to walk on all the beams. I need to lay down plywood, but screw that for right now.
or just take two boards up there and crawl on one while dragging the other to the front
expect nail pops in the ceiling below because you're gonna be compacting the insulation up there pretty bad

if there's enough headroom and your knees will let you squat in there, just walk on the joists/bc/whatever

Top Back Refresh