What's new

Useless things about your day!

IMG_2755.jpeg

My first job driving I had to share a truck, we were three weeks in it and one out. 1st time I get in the truck it was worse than what you describe, I call the owner and tell him to get buddy to come clean his shit up before I head out, he calls back pretty quick and says buddy can't come he's drunk.

I bobtailed over to the nearest dumpster and proceeded to clean it up, clothes, personal items, sheets all of it, it took me hours.

Eventually it's buddy's turn back in the truck and I left it spotless and told him he better do the same for me. He didn't say a word about where his shit went and a few days later he quit and abandon the rig. Boss and I go out to pick it up and it's totally detailed with a little post it note on the wheel that said "happy now"?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Our delivery truck was that bad when I started. I had to go down to the warehouse and pull it around back one day for a delivery after everyone had left. This thing goes to construction sites with dumpsters 3-4 times a day. Everything in the truck had a thick coat of grime on it, food and drinks everywhere, rotten food, piles of chewed sunflower seeds all over the dash, floor, ect. Dash was so nasty you couldn't see the gauges anymore, windshield you could barely see out of. I pulled that thing over by the dumpsters and pushed out everything in it out on the ground. Spent hours scrubbing that truck out from top to bottom. Took it down to the leasing company and had them powerwash the floor and outside. Paid one of the carpet guys to take his machine to the seats and seatbelts. I had that thing looking like it just rolled off the factory floor.

Came in the next day at 5 AM when they delivery guys got there to unload that morning and pulled them all aside to clean up all the shit I pushed out of it then show them the truck and told them that fucking thing better look like that every single time I look in it. I don't ever want to have to move that shit again and have it looking like it did before. You guys are at a dumpster several times a day, there's zero fucking excuse for it to be filled with food and bullshit. Its a company truck, not your personal vehicle. You want to fill your personal truck up with nasty shit, have at it, but I'm not having it with a company vehicle other people have to drive.

Lead driver fucking hated my ass, thought I was kidding until I made him scrub that entire thing out with a toothbrush one day after I saw him park it by the dumpster then leave for the day with trash on the dash. :laughing:

Wife saw some meme about Hitler starting Volkswagen and asks if that's true.

*20 minutes later after talking to myself about Ferdinand porsche, Kraft durch Freude, and war reparations... she forgot about the meme.

Now I'm going to rewatch the james may show about it.

coworker- "I don't understand why y'all burn vacation days just to sit at the house."

my vacation day- we had pizza, bacon, and fruit rollups for breakfast. Saw a hawk catch a snake, filled the neighbor's mailbox with gravel, saw Grumpy the snapping turtle that lives across the road (3rd time in a year, same one), ran out the batteries on the 4 wheelers, petted ALL the neighbors' dogs, broke a 4 wheeler and fixed it, cleaned up the shop (a little bit), shot the rest of the box of BB's, washed mom's tahoe, let mom change our clothes, and are now taking a break on "that fell down tree" while dad sips a Shiner.

And that's why I burn vacation days with nowhere to go and nothing to do.

20210715_171242.jpg
20210714_172259.jpg

Slapped a battery in the kraut wagon and took it for a spin to blow the dust off. Apparently the coolant expansion tank decided to split, so I'll be replacing that, I guess.

And my coworkers look at me blankly when I tell them my plans for the weekend are to find something that needs fixing or a project I can make progress on and then do that until Monday.

I can’t wait to help my buddy rip this all back out in 5 years when his wife decides this tile looks like shit and wants the next Pinterest flavor of the month instead
Was it already tile? While that's not my favorite, its not terrible.......

Welp, apparently the company I ordered $400 worth of bmw parts from decided to flag my order for fraud. Cant wait to try and unfuck that mess.

I can’t wait to help my buddy rip this all back out in 5 years when his wife decides this tile looks like shit and wants the next Pinterest flavor of the month instead
fuckin' werd
12x12 tile, in a natural color with a surface that'll hide damage reasonably

Welp, apparently the company I ordered $400 worth of bmw parts from decided to flag my order for fraud. Cant wait to try and unfuck that mess.
400 bucks?
just buy a parts car at that point, after you sell the cats and scrap the rest you'll be money ahead

400 bucks?
just buy a parts car at that point, after you sell the cats and scrap the rest you'll be money ahead
This makes sense and is exactly why I wont do it. Besides, I'd have to have time to find a cheap bmw, time to drag it home, time to strip stuff, time to scrap it, then find time to fix this one. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. I've already got brakes to do on it I'm a year behind on.

Some POS did a Hit and run on my wifes parked Charger at the County fair last night while we were at the Rodeo. Ripped the whole Plastic front off.
Fuckin scummy shitbags. Right after I got a good deal on some tires on Craigslist. Can't win.

Being as practical as you are, I’d bet you’ll be pouring a concrete slab sloped towards the drain in the center of the floor when you get around to the bathroom of your rape shack. Just hose it all down once a week worry free:flipoff2:

At least that’s what I’d do if I had my way. It’s a place to shit and shower, I’m not trying to impress the neighbors with it.
that's the plan, but if the surface finish turns out badly it'll get tile
I found an old $300 power trowel, if it dies halfway through or if I fuck up badly enough

I met Diplo today, and didnt know it till someone sent me a screenshot of his Instagram.

Anyone born before 1990 wont know who that is, like me.

fuckin' werd
12x12 tile, in a natural color with a surface that'll hide damage reasonably
Meh, I don't really like the 12x12 time looks and never have. I much prefer the 12x24 tile or other larger format. Other than that I agree with the surface/ colour. I'm about to have to do 2 bathrooms...

Being as practical as you are, I’d bet you’ll be pouring a concrete slab sloped towards the drain in the center of the floor when you get around to the bathroom of your rape shack. Just hose it all down once a week worry free:flipoff2:

At least that’s what I’d do if I had my way. It’s a place to shit and shower, I’m not trying to impress the neighbors with it.

stayed in a house in PA last year that had a shower head in the ceiling, a concrete floor with a drain under shower head. It was pretty neat.

Driving back from the river spot a few weeks ago in the dad-wagon, the ABS light kicked on. About 5m later the transmission got stuck in low gear. Pulled over. Shut the car off. Started it again and it was fine.

Truck's dash is all apart because of the radio so I took the wagon in today. ABS and Traction Control light kicked on. Being prepared for it, I had my scan tool. Scanned for codes, no codes. Welp, great. Shut the car off and let it sit, restarted it, and the lights are still on. Hoping the transmission doesn't go into limp mode because I'll have to have the wife pick me up and I'll have to trailer the car home.

Was paying the dude for the firetruck Sat and he points over in the trees and asks, "you know anyone who wants to buy some water storage tanks?"
Yup. Sure do. ME.

Long story short, I paid him $600 for the two green ones (3k gal and 2500 gal). I called my FIL and sold him the 3k one for $800, then my dad bought the white one for $200. And scored the brand new 14" x 20' piece of culvert for $25. :smokin:

1626703681789.png

FIL actually made it home without crushing, or losing his tank.

Picked up a '87 Chevy 2wd 3/4 ton pickup off my brother yesterday. Was parked 15 years ago for a bad fuel pump and he was always gonna work on it later kinda deal. He's not a mechanic at all and hates working on cars. Best part is it's got 20k original miles on it. I need to verify for sure but it looks like it's correct. few small rust holes in cab corners and a few spots on the bed sides. nothing bad at all considering it's in MO.

it's Silverado trim, white over blue, 350/TH400 combo with a semi float 14b rear. I need to clean out the bed and hope the leaves and shit haven't rusted out the bed floor. Bad part is it was sitting at his house when he left his wife and filed for divorce so she went to town on the windshield, back window and dash with a hammer. :mad3:

Sitting here at work trying to decide what direction I am going to go with it. Most likely just clean it up. fix the brakes and fuel pump issue (if that's why it stopped running). three out of 4 wheels were sliding when we first pulled it out to load it. it rolls but i think the brakes are dragging.

I am kinda leaning towards putting a 3/4" drop on it and getting it semi reliable. i have all the beauty rings and 3 out of 4 hub caps are on it.

Kinda diggin the Panzfurher's C10's so may follow that route.

I'll add a couple pics when I get to my phone later.
IMG_20210718_171917386_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210718_171959117_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210718_171927520_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_171959117_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210718_171959117_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
hate the fact I'm stuck at work with the car needing to be torn into. Its going to be either the wheel hub or the ABS sensor. Wondering if I should order two Timkens for the rears (fronts were done last year) and new ABS sensors all around.

hate the fact I'm stuck at work with the car needing to be torn into. Its going to be either the wheel hub or the ABS sensor. Wondering if I should order two Timkens for the rears (fronts were done last year) and new ABS sensors all around.

Buy a legitimate scanner that reads abs, srs, tpms, etc. Itll pay for itself after the first repair.

Buy a legitimate scanner that reads abs, srs, tpms, etc. Itll pay for itself after the first repair.
Yea, I'm running that orange Actron dealio. Its always been fine, but it doesn't always pick everything up.

This ABS/TC light I'm reading that sometimes the dealer OBS doesn't always bring it up.

So the dash lights were off on my lunch break. No idea. I'll have to take each tire off and look at each plug. Maybe its corrosion or something.

Next up is going to be a scan tool. I'll start a thread about suggestions for which one.

Top Back Refresh