What's new

Useless things about your day!

Opened up the body door on a drill rig this morning and got this nice surprise.......

20210607_074856.jpg

I'm a mechanic not an exterminator. Nope, not happening.
ok i'll bite.. WTF is that?

Rode a 2 day trial this weekend. Got my ass handed to me by a 7 year old prodigy.
In Amateur I ended up 2nd Sat, and 5th Sun. Rode like shit Sun. I'm beat!

some welding gear and get after it.

:laughing:

somebodies about to get fucked up by a coon.
Right?

Dad went on a call before where some lady had called the fire house because of a raccoon stuck in the belt of her car. Dad and another guy showed up. Dad said he's not going near that thing because rabies. Other guy macho'd up and took the thing out. Clawed him up good and bit him. Had to get shots and everything. :laughing:

some welding gear and get after it.

:laughing:

somebodies about to get fucked up by a coon.
This is how we used to evict wildlife from crawl spaces back in the day. Block up all the entrances/exits but one, put on PPE, toss a 5-gal bucket under there. Go in the one exit. Buddy stands outside with a shovel. Either it comes out in the bucket or it gets the shovel. :laughing:

We flushed a Coyote out of a chicken coop one time. Shovel still did it's job. :laughing:

Fawk! Stepped down off my tractor this morning and my left knee hit/twisted wrong. I can not walk without a cane. I went to my moms to mow only mowed half and had to call it quits, I had my Ford with the 6 speed, fun times:flipoff:
I had all I could do to get my foot on the clutch and then push it in. I had to find a piece of 2x4 when I got home to get me to the house. Luckily we have a cane from when my wife broke her hip last year. Quick back story, knee got crushed, torn back in 96, I've had 5 operations on it thus far. lt's been getting bad over the last few years but I was able to deal with it. I'm afraid this time I'm going to have to get it taken care of ASAP.

Fawk! Stepped down off my tractor this morning and my left knee hit/twisted wrong. I can not walk without a cane. I went to my moms to mow only mowed half and had to call it quits, I had my Ford with the 6 speed, fun times:flipoff:
I had all I could do to get my foot on the clutch and then push it in. I had to find a piece of 2x4 when I got home to get me to the house. Luckily we have a cane from when my wife broke her hip last year. Quick back story, knee got crushed, torn back in 96, I've had 5 operations on it thus far. lt's been getting bad over the last few years but I was able to deal with it. I'm afraid this time I'm going to have to get it taken care of ASAP.
Got get a bionic one.

Bought a 99 Mountaineer for $600 last week. 5.0 and auto to go in my bronco. Tcase is fucked and is making a horrendous noise in the front end because it’s AWD. These have a viscous coupling that’s known to go bad. Going to leave it all together til I have the time to strip it. For now I think I’m going to pull the case, machine off the outer part of the coupling and weld it straight to the other section. Making it rear wheel drive only. Pulling the front shaft only will fuck things up more from what I’ve read. Don’t plan on driving it but I’d like to move it without it sounding like it’s going to blow up

Bought a supercab Ford Raptor today. I took a deposit on my early Bronco and he is suppose to wire the money today, not looking good for that timewise.

Had useless teef removd, officially a hillbilly cuzn fukr fer a monf er so till new John Force face comes in, carrots are useless in natrul form, hadda fukm up a bit to gittem in me.
IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2644.jpeg

I remember back in the day you had to go sit in a room for 8 hours for traffic school to keep a point from going on your DMV record after getting a ticket. It took me an entire 8 minutes this morning to complete traffic school online....

Similar thing here, I think it knocked 2 points off the record. The 'exam' at the end was an open-book group test. Seemed mostly like a gig to keep retired state police guys busy.

Bought a 99 Mountaineer for $600 last week. 5.0 and auto to go in my bronco. Tcase is fucked and is making a horrendous noise in the front end because it’s AWD. These have a viscous coupling that’s known to go bad. Going to leave it all together til I have the time to strip it. For now I think I’m going to pull the case, machine off the outer part of the coupling and weld it straight to the other section. Making it rear wheel drive only. Pulling the front shaft only will fuck things up more from what I’ve read. Don’t plan on driving it but I’d like to move it without it sounding like it’s going to blow up

Do not think that is correct.

Pulling the front driveshaft the only negative thing it will do is the Parking Pawl will not hold the truck still.

So as long as you chock a wheel it will be fine.

yeah, the viscous coupler AWD bullshit should be only on the front output of the tcase

7 years ago today I had my heart attack. DR says I'm doing great as far as the heart is concerned.

I'm giving in. I need to get an window a/c unit for upstairs. I'm not sure if my central air unit is too small, or the lack of returns upstairs, but its 80º up there and 66º downstairs. I sweat my ass off last night. I eventually got up and moved to the sofa downstairs.

I'm giving in. I need to get an window a/c unit for upstairs. I'm not sure if my central air unit is too small, or the lack of returns upstairs, but its 80º up there and 66º downstairs. I sweat my ass off last night. I eventually got up and moved to the sofa downstairs.
your tstat is prolly downstairs
never sees the hot upstairs so doesn't turn on
there should be a switch on your tstat to run the furnace blower fan constant, this'll keep the air mixed up more gooderer

your tstat is prolly downstairs
never sees the hot upstairs so doesn't turn on
there should be a switch on your tstat to run the furnace blower fan constant, this'll keep the air mixed up more gooderer
Correct.

The big issue is no returns. All the hot air goes upstairs and sits there.

That was the plan for this year or next, to redo the HVAC. It sucks. I have four 8" flex pipes leading upwards from the basement. The plan is to remove two, use one to move heat/cold up, and use the other as a return down back to the furnace. Each bedroom upstairs has two exhaust ports that blow the heat/ac in. Was going to use one in each room the way it is, and "convert" the other two as returns. Not sure if that would work or not.

Correct.

The big issue is no returns. All the hot air goes upstairs and sits there.
well if you're getting flow outta the registers the air is returning somehow
prolly through the stairwell, so crack a door and run the blower to get the downstairs air pushed upstairs, maybe even close some of the downstairs registers to give a little more pressure to the upstairs ones

just give it a go, man

Top Back Refresh