What's new

Useless things about your day!

huh
all of mine are 3/4 copper with 1/4 turn ball valves
it's kinda hard to find a hose nozzle that'll keep up, but they do make them

Finally found a day I could sneak away from work for a couple hours to get my truck smogged. On the way to the smog shop, the torque converter did a quick unlock for no reason, then the check engine light came on....
Came home, pulled the code, P0121 TPS sensor A circuit out of range/performance. I had just pressure washed the engine compartment before I left, so figured that caused it. I cleared the codes, and figured the 30 mile drive to the smog shop should have given it enough time for the computer to read all the sensors again. I was wrong.
That sucks. I get an intermittent P0442 code in the 4Runner, it's EVAP canister related. I cleared the codes before a smog and same thing they said I had to come back, which I did a couple days later and it passed NP.

Then recently I had the truck tested and their equipment was FUBAR, so they gave me a "Directors Certificate" which allowed me to get new tags even though it technically didn't pass the test. I guess it's like a participation ribbon for emissions testing. Fucking worthless circus the whole system is.

huh
all of mine are 3/4 copper with 1/4 turn ball valves
it's kinda hard to find a hose nozzle that'll keep up, but they do make them
Your "country estate" is a hodge podge mixture of massive overkill and hokey farmer shit. :laughing:

Your "country estate" is a hodge podge mixture of massive overkill and hokey farmer shit. :laughing:
no, actually I should specify that this is my dad's house built in the '70s (it had normal bibs that we fixed)
my mom's house built in the '90s (same deal)
and all of them at work (most of them were already fixed to full-flow by the time I got there)

My house doesn't actually have a single hose bib that I've found yet. There's still one wall to tear apart so I might find one inside there.

picked up another old ford
53 jubilee works like it should.
need to fix a hydraulic leak.
and rebuild one cylinder.
replace gas tank.
might even rewire the lights some day.
came with the trailer.
orgianal owner. was in a barn for 10 years.
put gas and jumper box on. started no problem.
it will join my 48 8n
20210426_160804.jpg
20210426_160747.jpg

nice, dig it! How many moneys? that guy and the trailer would start at 6k around here, not running

I'm thinking about combining a snow blower and a wheel barrow. Self propelled dumpy dingus.
Just need a junkier snow blower and a bigger wheelbarrow, or a better snowblower to replace my tired one and some 11ga plate to make a hopper out of.

nice, dig it! How many moneys? that guy and the trailer would start at 6k around here, not running

I'm thinking about combining a snow blower and a wheel barrow. Self propelled dumpy dingus.
Just need a junkier snow blower and a bigger wheelbarrow, or a better snowblower to replace my tired one and some 11ga plate to make a hopper out of.
I had this same thought using a gravely, but instead made it for a three point hitch.
What you need is a wheel barrow tub, then stick some 2x6 with some notches vertically at the end of a flat platform. build a platform under the wheelbarrow tub with 2x4s or whatever like you would ave with the handles, run a pipe through them to sit on top of notches, tippable wheel barrow tub.
and it's not permanently attached, so you can have a flat bed too.
I eyeballed it together in a few hours.

i got it for 2500.00

saw a better one without bucket on Saturday. was very nice. guy put lots of time into it for 2400. i passed cause i needed a bucket.

wow, that's a deal, man

I had this same thought using a gravely, but instead made it for a three point hitch.
What you need is a wheel barrow tub, then stick some 2x6 with some notches vertically at the end of a flat platform. build a platform under the wheelbarrow tub with 2x4s or whatever like you would ave with the handles, run a pipe through them to sit on top of notches, tippable wheel barrow tub.
and it's not permanently attached, so you can have a flat bed too.
I eyeballed it together in a few hours.
I figure garbage snowblowers are free enough that I can make it single purpose
running into trouble reconciling the height of it
dumpy box atop motor results in too tall
dumpy box in front of motor needs the axle moved
maybe a riding mower would be a better platform to build off of

maybe I should just spend the effort on turdpolishing the skidsteer instead

wow, that's a deal, man

I figure garbage snowblowers are free enough that I can make it single purpose
running into trouble reconciling the height of it
dumpy box atop motor results in too tall
dumpy box in front of motor needs the axle moved
maybe a riding mower would be a better platform to build off of

maybe I should just spend the effort on turdpolishing the skidsteer instead
Extend frame and add caster type wheels in front of motor and put dump box on that. No need to move drive axle or build above motor.

typically price tractors here
Screenshot_20210426-214026_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-213958_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-213853_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-213648_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-213713_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-213728_craigslist.jpg
hipsters buy them as yard art around here
if it comes with a trailer even better as none of them have ever used their crew cab nonexistant box as anything but an office ferry

Extend frame and add caster type wheels in front of motor and put dump box on that. No need to move drive axle or build above motor.
maneuverability/traction would suffer
I just remembered that I put a shed on the front of my house so that I can drive the skid steer in there, so this project will likely go nowhere

hipsters buy them as yard art around here
if it comes with a trailer even better as none of them have ever used their crew cab nonexistant box as anything but an office ferry

maneuverability/traction would suffer
I just remembered that I put a shed on the front of my house so that I can drive the skid steer in there, so this project will likely go nowhere
I've got a 33" walk behind mower with a 10.5 briggs I believe. Parked it when it ate a belt, needs to have the carb cleaned, fires and canned e. You wants it? $free.fitty

and rebuild one cylinder.
Can you post up a build thread when you do this? I've had my hydro on the buggy apart and was no big deal.

I have a few cyls on my Case that I need to tear into and rebuild but a little more prior knowledge than what little I have would be helpful. All I know is that for the $700 the local shop charged me to rebuild the steering cylinders on the Case, I'm going to figure it out my damn self.

:beer:

Buddy of mine is remodeling his kitchen and tore out all his cabinets. I ripped out all the old open shelving in my home office and mildly rebuilt the cabinets (he was a little rough with them when removing) then installed them last night. Much cleaner in here and I don't have to look at all the clutter on the shelves any more. Was also a good time to purge some of the clutter.

1619531546465.png

Can you post up a build thread when you do this? I've had my hydro on the buggy apart and was no big deal.

I have a few cyls on my Case that I need to tear into and rebuild but a little more prior knowledge than what little I have would be helpful. All I know is that for the $700 the local shop charged me to rebuild the steering cylinders on the Case, I'm going to figure it out my damn self.

:beer:
They are very simple. Take apart and note direction of seals, install new and reassemble. Hardest part may be glad removal, but my case machines never gave me any difficulty. Seal kits can be found at all states ag parts. tractorpartsasap.com

They are very simple. Take apart and note direction of seals, install new and reassemble. Hardest part may be glad removal, but my case machines never gave me any difficulty. Seal kits can be found at all states ag parts. tractorpartsasap.com
Yep.

Hydraulic cylinders are simple to rebuild as long as you pay attention to the orientation of the seals like Deathmachinefab mentioned. No vudu black magic shit going on inside them what so ever but getting them apart is sometimes tricky.

I love jobs like I have today. :grinpimp:

Cummins said our (drill rig) side of the electrical system was the reason the DEF System isn't responding and going into limp mode instead of doing a regen. 99.99999% of the time it's not but they use that as an excuse to tell the customer when they don't know what the fuck they are doing. Got here this morning, checked my side with visual proof and found everything to be in good working condition and physically showed him its not our problem...... The Cummins guy who has been here for a few days trying to fix it just started squirming and making excuses.

:lmao:

Yep.

Hydraulic cylinders are simple to rebuild as long as you pay attention to the orientation of the seals like Deathmachinefab mentioned. No vudu black magic shit going on inside them what so ever but getting them apart is sometimes tricky.
all of this.

if it's not an old pile of shit the gland nut won't be an issue.
if it's an old pile of shit, torches and the biggest ass pipe wrench and pipe extension you can find.
I love jobs like I have today. :grinpimp:

Cummins said our (drill rig) side of the electrical system was the reason the DEF System isn't responding and going into limp mode instead of doing a regen. 99.99999% of the time it's not but they use that as an excuse to tell the customer when they don't know what the fuck they are doing. Got here this morning, checked my side with visual proof and found everything to be in good working condition and physically showed him its not our problem...... The Cummins guy who has been here for a few days trying to fix it just started squirming and making excuses.

:lmao:
cummins is now software support?

Clearly you've never worked with FPGA programmers. :laughing:
only enough to flash firmware that was given to me.

A long time ago yes, but nothing that's relevant these days.

I basically get paid to deal with vendor support so the user doesn't have to these days.
I have people skills.
that's pretty much IT in a nutshell. You buy some shit, it doesn't work, you have to prove to the vendor it doesn't work because it's shit, then get them to make it not shit in some fashion that makes the user happy.
occasionally some shit just works like it ought to and then you don't want to kill yourself when a user wants a new whatever to do whatever.

Have you turned it off and back on again?

currently we're in a full on battle about why a credit card widget doesn't work properly and disconnects itself mid transaction, canceling the transaction, but then the software says it went through.
so the customer leaves and then you don't see that the transaction actually didn't happen until you print the end of day report.
It's super awesome.
it's been broken for 4-6 months. fuck, I can't even remember at this point it's been so long.
They are aware of the problem.
They have no solution.
They are also the ones that required the new pinpad hardware that caused the problem because of PCI stuff. Touch to pay and whatnot.
how in the fuck does something like that slip through your QA, and how are you completely unable to deal with it, but that's standard software company shit. It was all outsourced and nobody in the US knows how or what was done, or how to make it fucking work.

no, actually I should specify that this is my dad's house built in the '70s (it had normal bibs that we fixed)
my mom's house built in the '90s (same deal)
and all of them at work (most of them were already fixed to full-flow by the time I got there)

My house doesn't actually have a single hose bib that I've found yet. There's still one wall to tear apart so I might find one inside there.
Stop tearing the walls apart looking for them and just look around on the outside of the house.:homer:

Sunk her, tractor wouldn’t budge it, had to get a wrecker to winch me out. Guess I need a winch

Attachments

• 494D27A7-8646-44EA-8DC3-FA8F0DF79664.jpeg
    494D27A7-8646-44EA-8DC3-FA8F0DF79664.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 105
Sunk her, tractor wouldn’t budge it, had to get a wrecker to winch me out. Guess I need a winch
With all due respect-

You're a goddam embarrassment to the state of Mississippi. "Had to get a wrecker"??? Man you ain't even that stuck.

Your fuckin' grandpa would have got that out with a mule, 3 snatch blocks, and a spool of 12/2.

With all due respect-

You're a goddam embarrassment to the state of Mississippi. "Had to get a wrecker"??? Man you ain't even that stuck.

Your fuckin' grandpa would have got that out with a mule, 3 snatch blocks, and a spool of 12/2.
Than his grandpaw could show you how to get road paint off your ride.:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh