What's new

Useless things about your day!

I'm in your same part of the world, just over to the left.

Nice pretty dry grass field, ground feels solid. Break the top crust and you're gone. No bottom. Rotten black shit that turns gray w/spinning tires.

I've got a 33" walk behind mower with a 10.5 briggs I believe. Parked it when it ate a belt, needs to have the carb cleaned, fires and canned e. You wants it? $free.fitty
I want it, I don't want to drive out there lol
I need to be digging holes in the ground and retrieving shitty fords from bumfuck westkonsin

My MIL passed away today :(
This has been a rough year to say the least.
On a side note, it was 39 degrees this morning, sunny and sleeting! LOL

Bought the wife some $600 diamond earings today for her 35th tommorow. On the way out i was thinking... "I have no idea what i bought was real or what it was even worth" . Jewelry at the mall seems like a total scam and i walked in and hapily paid whatever they told me

Bought the wife some $600 diamond earings today for her 35th tommorow. On the way out i was thinking... "I have no idea what i bought was real or what it was even worth" . Jewelry at the mall seems like a total scam and i walked in and hapily paid whatever they told me
I am glad my wife feels that it is a scam as well...
When we got engaged she didn't want an engagement ring, when we got married she just wanted a plain white gold band (we got matching ones and they were $35 each).

Aaron Z

Mice do not play well with lawn mowers. Or string trimmers.
Mouse bits taste terrible when consumed at high velocities.
I have discovered that it takes a minimum of 3 beers to get rid of the mouse/grass/dirt flavour.

They do fit nicely down a storm drain though.

so, I saw on some foriegner language place that they called my rattleplate a "sand sealer"
sure enough it makes water run off of clay rather than soaking in

guess who neglected to utilize this fact before it rained this last time
now it just does its best to find china after turning the semisolid into quicksand

That is hardly stuck... and you had a tractor? Wow man, you need a role model.
The axle was buried in the mud, front crossmember was buried in the mud, wheels had no weight on them. Also shitty IFS open diff. I’d call that stuck. Tractor was just spinning trying to yank it out. I need a SAS and bigger tires

That's not even a farm kid tip. Rigging shit up to put load on the driving axle is just common sense.
I’ll remember this for next time, didn’t even think to try to lift the front but I was by myself and didn’t have someone to drive the truck while I lifted and pulled

The axle was buried in the mud, front crossmember was buried in the mud, wheels had no weight on them. Also shitty IFS open diff. I’d call that stuck. Tractor was just spinning trying to yank it out. I need a SAS and bigger tires
I've unstuck a buried to the frame 2wd truck with a much smaller tractor.

report to the fail thread.

I've unstuck a buried to the frame 2wd truck with a much smaller tractor.

report to the fail thread.
So what’s the procedure when the tractor can’t get traction and doing this alone? Wouldn’t even budge it even when yanking. Not being defensive at all, I can take a good ribbing, honestly curious what I needed to do differently

So what’s the procedure when the tractor can’t get traction? Wouldn’t even budge it even when yanking. Not being defensive at all, I can take a good ribbing, honestly curious what I needed to do differently
Let your mom drive next time.:lmao:

So what’s the procedure when the tractor can’t get traction and doing this alone? Wouldn’t even budge it even when yanking. Not being defensive at all, I can take a good ribbing, honestly curious what I needed to do differently
it's no different than recovering anything.

Find the best place for your recovery vehicle to get traction, run a strap to it.
Use a bar across the three point to hold strap so you can vary the angle a bit.
engage the locker in the tractor and the front axle if you have it.
pick a low gear and creep.
if that doesn't work, find a different spot for tractor to be.

but if I can unstick a buried 2wd chevy 1500 with a 20HP diesel tractor, that bigun there should pull anything you want out of anything, what is that, a 35 HP machine?

what kind of air pressure you running in the tires? It's counter intuitive, but sometimes increasing a tractor tire's pressure results in better traction. At least with chevrons.

and if all that fails, it's a tractor that weighs 6-8K lbs. Run your strap to it loose, pick a high gear and snatch that shit. momentum is your friend.

longer cable to get to solid ground
jack to get the truck up on boards so the tractor doesn't bury itself getting the truck outta the ruts

a little bit of hindsight, can't you see you could have just not gotten the truck stuck in the first place, god such an idiot. :flipoff2:

First you didn’t know if you had hose bibs and now you found a garage you didn’t know you had?

The mind reels...
it had paneling on the inside faired out flush with foamboard and masonite siding on the outside
they even had a double casement window plopped through the thing, as though it was normal framing.

it's no different than recovering anything.

Find the best place for your recovery vehicle to get traction, run a strap to it.
Use a bar across the three point to hold strap so you can vary the angle a bit.
engage the locker in the tractor and the front axle if you have it.
pick a low gear and creep.
if that doesn't work, find a different spot for tractor to be.

but if I can unstick a buried 2wd chevy 1500 with a 20HP diesel tractor, that bigun there should pull anything you want out of anything, what is that, a 35 HP machine?

what kind of air pressure you running in the tires? It's counter intuitive, but sometimes increasing a tractor tire's pressure results in better traction. At least with chevrons.

and if all that fails, it's a tractor that weighs 6-8K lbs. Run your strap to it loose, pick a high gear and snatch that shit. momentum is your friend.
Great advice, thanks. I was also trying my best not to fuck up the ground too bad because it was on my grandmother’s property. Not sure what psi the tires are at but good to know about increasing pressure. Just googling the tractor I think it’s 64hp so should be way more than enough to get it out, so I was surprised when it didn’t do it. That points to operator error, I’ll do better next time lol I appreciate the response

longer cable to get to solid ground
jack to get the truck up on boards so the tractor doesn't bury itself getting the truck outta the ruts

a little bit of hindsight, can't you see you could have just not gotten the truck stuck in the first place, god such an idiot. :flipoff2:
Thanks, and yea I should’ve just not gotten stuck. I tried to ease through it and hammered on it way too late. Next time I’ll give it the mustard from the get go

More weight on the drive wheels that can be done by hooking lower on the truck, or higher on the tractor (bearing in mind that the risk of rolling over backwards goes up the higher you hook on the tractor), with 64HP you should have plenty of mass as long as you can get the power to the ground.

Aaron Z

Great advice, thanks. I was also trying my best not to fuck up the ground too bad because it was on my grandmother’s property. Not sure what psi the tires are at but good to know about increasing pressure. Just googling the tractor I think it’s 64hp so should be way more than enough to get it out, so I was surprised when it didn’t do it. That points to operator error, I’ll do better next time lol I appreciate the response
were you using chains for recovery?

I don't fuck with chains. Straps or nothing. I keep a recovery kit in the barn for the tractor.
My mother in law gets a 2wd truck stuck occasionally in a field. Greasy water saturated clay and grass.

At least now she doesn't just bury it to the axle and lay the spare tire on the ground trying to get out.

but if a little ford 1220 can get it.
I do have front axle stuff, but I'm not sure how much that really gets me. I did install a 2" receiver in the front bumper bar so I could plug a winch in a cradle in it. Mostly for dragging trees. I usually have to strap it to another tree to use the winch, which is pretty amusing, but it's been super handy for doing really dumb shit.
I had to strap it to another car to lift the bed off the truck. My wife thought I was insane, but it popped right off and straight up and I didn't die.
super handy mod if you can fit it in there. I need to build some sort of gin pole thing for the front.

Attachments

• IMG_20201123_143846879_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201123_143846879_HDR.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20201123_150434487.jpg
    IMG_20201123_150434487.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 74
were you using chains for recovery?

I don't fuck with chains. Straps or nothing. I keep a recovery kit in the barn for the tractor.
I don't get why people always get their panties in a knot over chains. For situations where you're nowhere near the break strength of the chain and aren't gonna be taking a running start it does just fine.

I don't get why people always get their panties in a knot over chains. For situations where you're nowhere near the break strength of the chain and aren't gonna be taking a running start it does just fine.
running start is how I get truck unstuck with a tractor that only weighs 3500 lbs.

It's kind of a key part of my plan. With a big ass masterpull snatch rope.

send it.

Top Back Refresh