What's new

Useless things about your day!

All new-ish trucks drag ass when loaded

Yup. It didn’t help the Tundra barely fit on the car hauler though. Would have been better if it could have been backed up on the trailer a little.

well yeah, they aren't intended to be trucks

Probably, but this one gets used like a truck.

It’s the reason I changed from the stock 20” rims and sl tires to 17” rims and 10 plys.

Our company changes insurance providers every damn year it seems like. I have direct deposit, I don't ever look at my check stubs.

We were doing taxes a few weeks back and I glanced a stub over. There were two deductions that I didn't recognize so I pinged the payroll dept.

Turns out i was still paying for some coverage that the company dropped a few years ago. :eek::laughing::mad3:
Unexpected $3k bonus/refund on this mornings check. :grinpimp:

Wonder what thats gonna do to my 2021 taxes now...:mad3:

Moral of the story, don't be a dumbass like me.

I am living the little league baseball life right now. I am assistant coach on my nephews 14u baseball team and my 5 year old daughter is playing competitive T-ball.

My 14u team is tied for second place in our league right now and tonight is a big show down between us and the other 2nd place team... The kids have been putting in some serious work to get ready for tonight and I feel we will win... Our weak point is some of our starters can't hit the ball. In the league we are in if both teams agree you can bat your entire roster and we are going to try and talk the other team into letting us bat our entire roster because we have bench kids that can hit good and make up for our 3-4 kids that can't hit.

My 5 year old daughter hit an in-field home run yesterday and in that hit got 2 RBI's, I was at my 14u teams practice so I didn't get to see it, but she clobbered it to the fence supposedly... It was pretty awesome, my wife and I have a 3 call rule that if we call 3 times back to back that means it's an emergency... my phone did exactly that during practice... I thought maybe someone was hurt or they had a wreck on the way to the game, but it was my wife yelling Livv (short for Olivia) hit her first ever home run... First one for their team so far this season! She said even the other parents from the other team were clapping for her. PROUD DAD MOMENT...

I guess, at least it looks like a post and beam foundation on it
it has a concrete block foundation, and in the late 80's it was converted from a fuse block with knob and tube wiring to romex and a breaker box. They also switched the house over to copper plumbing at that time. The biggest issue with the house is that the outside needs some long overdue maintenance. Replace some rotted boards and paint. We are going to refinish the hardwood floors and do a bathroom gut and remodel, freshen up the kitchen and then move on the garage to fix some issues as well.

Stupid grinder bounced back and grabbed my hoodie. Glad it was just a cut off wheel and blew apart after a second. Got me a little bit but just a scratch thankfully

20210422_194756.jpg

it has a concrete block foundation, and in the late 80's it was converted from a fuse block with knob and tube wiring to romex and a breaker box. They also switched the house over to copper plumbing at that time. The biggest issue with the house is that the outside needs some long overdue maintenance. Replace some rotted boards and paint. We are going to refinish the hardwood floors and do a bathroom gut and remodel, freshen up the kitchen and then move on the garage to fix some issues as well.
just tear the wood lap board shit off, toss that fiberglass-faced polyiso foam on underneath pole barn tin, use the 2" foam and long screws to hold the tin on

fiberglass faced because you do not want a vapor barrier
get rid of the dormer and bay window while you're doing it

I got fucked over due to a mistake a coworker who ODed two years ago made today.

Then I typed the above sentence which makes no sense.

just tear the wood lap board shit off, toss that fiberglass-faced polyiso foam on underneath pole barn tin, use the 2" foam and long screws to hold the tin on

fiberglass faced because you do not want a vapor barrier
get rid of the dormer and bay window while you're doing it
Why would you get rid of those two windo0ws. They add a lot of character to the house?

Why would you get rid of those two windo0ws. They add a lot of character to the house?
Yeah, I don't understand that either, getting rid of the dormer, would eliminate one bedroom. Also, why tear off the lapboard siding and replace it with tin siding? What am I missing?

little dormers are wonderful if you enjoy adding valleys to the roof
bay windows are similarly lovely if you enjoy adding places for rot to get in and heat to get out

dunno, I just look at the tin on the roof and think to myself "that should be on the walls too"
Never rots, never gets chewed through, lets you hide some decent insulation that'll bridge the studs... What's not to love.

$250 later I am now the proud owner of a 6" drum chipper. Came with the output chute which I brought home today and I'm gonna stop by and pick up the input chute sometime next week. Seller said a 40hp gas engine would be about the minimum and a 40hp diesel would fit it nicely. I only have Ford 300s lying around so that's what it's getting. :laughing:
IMG_20210422_185132_103.jpg

Post some pictures up on here. I would like to see what you have as well

I don't actually have a phone service plan that is conducive to getting pictures
I save what little prepaid data I've ended up with for using the GPS if I ever get really lost or need to see where the lot lines are
post them here, or PM them, pbb garage sale that shit, man
I'll try to get some up next week. Maybe tomorrow if I run in to make sure they didn't leave stuff out tonight, supposed to rain this weekend.

My wife is having a bbq today at our place witg "10" people plus kids and asks me to get some skirt steak. Says she already had chicken and hot dogs.

I wake up earl and head to town and buy some skirt steak, on the way home messages me that its now 30 people.... turn around and get more nbd.

Get home and she had forgot to tell me we need propane.... so i go get 10gallons.

Get home and start digging things out... she has 1 package of hot dogs with no buns and the worlds smallest 6 pack of drum sticks....
back to town trying not to kill everyone. I hate shopping, hate leaving my property, and hate the idea of 30 people plus crotch goblins running around

My wife is having a bbq today at our place witg "10" people plus kids and asks me to get some skirt steak. Says she already had chicken and hot dogs.

I wake up earl and head to town and buy some skirt steak, on the way home messages me that its now 30 people.... turn around and get more nbd.

Get home and she had forgot to tell me we need propane.... so i go get 10gallons.

Get home and start digging things out... she has 1 package of hot dogs with no buns and the worlds smallest 6 pack of drum sticks....
back to town trying not to kill everyone. I hate shopping, hate leaving my property, and hate the idea of 30 people plus crotch goblins running around
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Just do the dad thing and stay by the grill while drinking beer.

So my daughter made this "mint spritz" with crushed mint leaves from the garden and water about 6 weeks ago.

We had it on the kitchen counter and I knocked it over onto the floor and the bottle broke. That shit had fermented and now my house smells like old nasty furry hot dogs. :barf:

So my daughter made this "mint spritz" with crushed mint leaves from the garden and water about 6 weeks ago.

We had it on the kitchen counter and I knocked it over onto the floor and the bottle broke. That shit had fermented and now my house smells like old nasty furry hot dogs. :barf:
My chopped up Cristmas tree is still rotting in the bottom of the trash barrel in the machine shop. Every time I crack the lid to throw something away the shop smells like christmas tree. It's actually pretty great. :laughing:

Will I regret using 1/2 PEX instead of 3/4 for my outdoor spigots?

All the joints are going to be expansion type joints (crimp joints are for hacks) so there is no appreciable neck down in the fittings.

yes
one look at the ID of 1/2" pex should tell the tale
The OD is only like 0.09x" less than that of 1/2 copper. These are ~20ft runs.
Why are you trying to use ½?
The OD of the pex fitting with the tube and expansion ring I have is a little under 1". That means I can screw the PEX to NPT adapter straight into the spigot and have the connection fit inside the wall, chip away at the back side with the air hammer and to make room for the short side of the bend and call it good. I have the drill and bit for 1" already.

Going up to 3/4 on the spigot end means I have to go up to a larger drill bit in order to make the npt -> pex adapter that I'm screwing into the back of the spigots fit inside the hole. This is in masonry so that increase in bit size pushes me from SDS+ to SDS-max which is a big cost increase since then I need to spend $50 on a used drill. I could stub it through the wall but a bunch of 8" pipe nipples adds up when you're doing 4-6 of them and that absolutely destroys any hope of keeping this all close to the wall. Even assuming I sink it into the wall as much as possible the increased bend radius of the 3/4 extends further away from the wall which is a PITA since half these spigots are going to go through the wall in the machine shop where wall space is at a premium and I would like to avoid having more shit I need to work around when mounting things. Right now I have 1/2" EMT and 3/4 PEX air lines in several places (see my machine shop thread) and a 2x4 strap works fine when I need to step over that when mounting something. I'd like to avoid having stuff that's farther from the wall than that. I do plan on getting out the pneumatic hammer and clearancing the wall for the bend of the pipe. I guess I could do pipe nipples to 1/2" npt to 3/4 pex elbows which lets me get nice and close to the wall but once again that adds cost.

I know 1/2 isn't gonna be ideal but I'm not trying to fill a pool here. Just water some plants, hose dog piss off the front walkway and run a shitty electric pressure washer. Seems like all things considered 1/2 is the less shitty solution.

This is replacing a single spigot that's mounted through a hole drilled in a window frame and connected via a garden hose to a tee that feeds the washer which itself is downstream of some 1/2 (crimp fittings, so ID is smaller than tube ID) pex. So this is a substantial improvement no matter how you cut it. While certainly not great I'm not dissatisfied with the flow from my current ghetto abomination of an outdoor spigot so I think that the proposed plan with 1/2 is enough of an improvement.

The OD is only like 0.09x" less than that of 1/2 copper. These are ~20ft runs.

The OD of the pex fitting with the tube and expansion ring I have is a little under 1". That means I can screw the PEX to NPT adapter straight into the spigot and have the connection fit inside the wall, chip away at the back side with the air hammer and to make room for the short side of the bend and call it good. I have the drill and bit for 1" already.

Going up to 3/4 on the spigot end means I have to go up to a larger drill bit in order to make the npt -> pex adapter that I'm screwing into the back of the spigots fit inside the hole. This is in masonry so that increase in bit size pushes me from SDS+ to SDS-max which is a big cost increase since then I need to spend $50 on a used drill. I could stub it through the wall but a bunch of 8" pipe nipples adds up when you're doing 4-6 of them and that absolutely destroys any hope of keeping this all close to the wall. Even assuming I sink it into the wall as much as possible the increased bend radius of the 3/4 extends further away from the wall which is a PITA since half these spigots are going to go through the wall in the machine shop where wall space is at a premium and I would like to avoid having more shit I need to work around when mounting things. Right now I have 1/2" EMT and 3/4 PEX air lines in several places (see my machine shop thread) and a 2x4 strap works fine when I need to step over that when mounting something. I'd like to avoid having stuff that's farther from the wall than that. I do plan on getting out the pneumatic hammer and clearancing the wall for the bend of the pipe. I guess I could do pipe nipples to 1/2" npt to 3/4 pex elbows which lets me get nice and close to the wall but once again that adds cost.

I know 1/2 isn't gonna be ideal but I'm not trying to fill a pool here. Just water some plants, hose dog piss off the front walkway and run a shitty electric pressure washer. Seems like all things considered 1/2 is the less shitty solution.

This is replacing a single spigot that's mounted through a hole drilled in a window frame and connected via a garden hose to a tee that feeds the washer which itself is downstream of some 1/2 (crimp fittings, so ID is smaller than tube ID) pex. So this is a substantial improvement no matter how you cut it. While certainly not great I'm not dissatisfied with the flow from my current ghetto abomination of an outdoor spigot so I think that the proposed plan with 1/2 is enough of an improvement.
From my point of view, of what I've seen, I imagined ½" pex strung all over the place.
Most hose bibs only have like a ⅜" hole that the water flows through anyways, you'll probably be fine with what you're doing.

my hose bib is plumbed in 1/2 copper and I've never found it's flow lacking.
runs a 2.5 gpm pressure washer fine anyway.

Finally found a day I could sneak away from work for a couple hours to get my truck smogged. On the way to the smog shop, the torque converter did a quick unlock for no reason, then the check engine light came on....
Came home, pulled the code, P0121 TPS sensor A circuit out of range/performance. I had just pressure washed the engine compartment before I left, so figured that caused it. I cleared the codes, and figured the 30 mile drive to the smog shop should have given it enough time for the computer to read all the sensors again. I was wrong.

huh
all of mine are 3/4 copper with 1/4 turn ball valves
it's kinda hard to find a hose nozzle that'll keep up, but they do make them

Finally found a day I could sneak away from work for a couple hours to get my truck smogged. On the way to the smog shop, the torque converter did a quick unlock for no reason, then the check engine light came on....
Came home, pulled the code, P0121 TPS sensor A circuit out of range/performance. I had just pressure washed the engine compartment before I left, so figured that caused it. I cleared the codes, and figured the 30 mile drive to the smog shop should have given it enough time for the computer to read all the sensors again. I was wrong.
That sucks. I get an intermittent P0442 code in the 4Runner, it's EVAP canister related. I cleared the codes before a smog and same thing they said I had to come back, which I did a couple days later and it passed NP.

Then recently I had the truck tested and their equipment was FUBAR, so they gave me a "Directors Certificate" which allowed me to get new tags even though it technically didn't pass the test. I guess it's like a participation ribbon for emissions testing. Fucking worthless circus the whole system is.

Top Back Refresh