What's new

Useless things about your day!

Group texts get silenced right off the bat.
When the rona shit started, my brother was all OMG YOU NEED TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BLAH BLAH BLAH. I told him in every group family text that I wasn’t going to listen to it. My wifes bad habit is she keeps engaging in conversations with people she doesn’t agree with. That whole thing with my mom started on a FB post. Then after my wife told her “no we haven’t” and then my moms response, my brother in law chimed in and wrote a whole page diatribe about the longer we wait... and he has a friend who is “a strong, tough/whatever guy and he got the full effects of rona and said it was terrible.” And “my neighbor literally died from it”
Ok. I have friends that have gotten it. People die from rona due to having other conditions most of the time. Sometimes not but shit happens. I’m not going to engage in that conversation with the family. I just don’t give a fuck enough to try and argue....I just bitch about it to my internet friends :lmao:
Can you pull a liberal reversal and use the abortion line of “ my body, my choice”

Can you pull a liberal reversal and use the abortion line of “ my body, my choice”
That thought had crossed my mind. It would almost be worth it to get a Facebook account and friend the whole family and instead of the “I got vaccinated” banner, I would just put “I’m not a test subject”

Group texts get silenced right off the bat.
When the rona shit started, my brother was all OMG YOU NEED TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BLAH BLAH BLAH. I told him in every group family text that I wasn’t going to listen to it. My wifes bad habit is she keeps engaging in conversations with people she doesn’t agree with. That whole thing with my mom started on a FB post. Then after my wife told her “no we haven’t” and then my moms response, my brother in law chimed in and wrote a whole page diatribe about the longer we wait... and he has a friend who is “a strong, tough/whatever guy and he got the full effects of rona and said it was terrible.” And “my neighbor literally died from it”
Ok. I have friends that have gotten it. People die from rona due to having other conditions most of the time. Sometimes not but shit happens. I’m not going to engage in that conversation with the family. I just don’t give a fuck enough to try and argue....I just bitch about it to my internet friends :lmao:
I wish I had the stat handy that 80+% of people who have issues are obese....

We are fucked by that metric, cause like 75% of society is obese :laughing:

I wish you lived closer in a non homo way.

We are cleaning out one of our warehouses and our old mechanic apparently was a parts changer who held onto all the barely used, used parts. I have a feeling by the time we are done there will be a couple pallets of good used parts that I am most likely going to recycle or just throw out. :(

I'm sure you would put them ALL to good use. In fact, PM me your number and I will snap some pictures to send to you. If it's something you can use, and cheap enough to ship I may just do it so I don't feel so bad about tossing all this stuff. Our fleet was primarily F and E2/350 with some chebbys thrown in and some passenger vehicles.

Post some pictures up on here. I would like to see what you have as well

In fact, PM me your number and I will snap some pictures to send to you. .
I don't actually have a phone service plan that is conducive to getting pictures
I save what little prepaid data I've ended up with for using the GPS if I ever get really lost or need to see where the lot lines are
post them here, or PM them, pbb garage sale that shit, man

I posted a couple months ago about some racism seminar at work with the professor of Africology as the guest speaker. Here's the latest: "White men and women as allies" and "The benefits of inclusion at the workplace." The annoying black chick in my group keeps sending this shit to everyone.
IMG_20210420_091311006.jpg

oh extra poopy in that case
you can manual swap it fairly easily as there's a lot of cologne motor manuals laying around from rangers that have eaten their timing chains

dunno about that specific trans, but generally reverse should be mechanically boosted line pressure just like manual low
"fluid doesn't look burnt" does it look brand new like someone tried flushing the slip out of it?
I thought I wrote it didn't smell burnt. It just looked a little clearer than I am used to, but I have no idea what newer Ford used ATF looks like, it didn't look like what's in my 4l80e Transmission. It's not too big a deal as I never planned on driving it but I had to see what the issues are with it. I have a Ranger and a B4000 that would take less work to get going and I have no need for a 2 door SUV anyway. The body is in great shape other than rust eaten OEM thin pipe steps that need to come off. I should have taken pics yesterday, now its covered in snow.

I posted a couple months ago about some racism seminar at work with the professor of Africology as the guest speaker. Here's the latest: "White men and women as allies" and "The benefits of inclusion at the workplace." The annoying black chick in my group keeps sending this shit to everyone.
Pics of annoying black chick?

2bb has a very good point regarding running a shovel
if you just fucking do it, it gets done a lot quicker

spent the day digging, my hands aren't near as tough as they were last fall
dug a trench 2' wide, 5' deep and 8' long, tomorrow or the next day (depending on hand recovery time) I hope to get it a couple feet deeper so I can toss a 6x8x6' timber in the bottom to set a post atop to hold up a beam holding up one corner of my house. Then I'll be able to dig with the skidsteer.

Getting quotes for gutters on the house. Had a guy quote us $2100 last year some time. We got tied up with other stuff and never ended up doing it. He came back today to re quote since I figured price would be more like everything else is now. $1700 :cool2:
On the other hand, concrete guy quoted 5 years ago. Price has doubled and he’s booking work 2.5 months out

Pics of annoying black chick?
If she was hot I would give her a pass on being annoying. Typical fat black chick. Sometimes she wears a 'do rag in her native tribe's colors. You can count on her asking a dumb question in every meeting. She is the epitome of "no dumb questions, just dumb people."

well fuck.
I took that this morning, it's still snowing.
I have my summer wheels and tires on and now odots gonna fucking salt the roads again.

I guess we're gonna see how well this fancy new metal sealant works, or if I'm gonna have white oxide to polish off my wheels next week.

fuck.

Attachments

• IMG_20210421_094515633.jpg
    IMG_20210421_094515633.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 47
at least my dryer parts came in.
good for another 30 years.
well fuck.
I took that this morning, it's still snowing.
I have my summer wheels and tires on and now odots gonna fucking salt the roads again.

I guess we're gonna see how well this fancy new metal sealant works, or if I'm gonna have white oxide to polish off my wheels next week.

fuck.
or just drive another vehackel until it rains again

just did a belt on my mom's maytag, '82, so 40 years on that one too
one place is big and overarching (dey appliance) and everyone local just lets them stock everything for them, well they're backordered by like 100 units on this part number somehow. Fuck.
Search ebay and sort by distance, one says 10mi, google the name and sure enough they're local, go in and they don't even jack up the price for local sales like some places do. They said their credit card machine was down, I said I didn't even need change and gave them seven whole dollars, lol.

one place is big and overarching (dey appliance) and everyone local just lets them stock everything for them, well they're backordered by like 100 units on this part number somehow. Fuck.
Search ebay and sort by distance, one says 10mi, google the name and sure enough they're local, go in and they don't even jack up the price for local sales like some places do. They said their credit card machine was down, I said I didn't even need change and gave them seven whole dollars, lol.
I’m shocked you found a local place that carried it. Stores like that are a dying breed.

I don't even know how old this one is.

probably 80's.
mechanical timer and a gas valve.
never gonna die.

I don't even know how old this one is.

probably 80's.
mechanical timer and a gas valve.
never gonna die.
afterwords it was acting funny so I was braining out the control scheme on it
it's got a mechanical flame sensor that gets heated up from the ceramic ignitor which then opens the gas valve, and keeps the gas valve open long as it is sensing flame

then there's two temperature switches,
one on the burner that trips off if there's too much heat there as a safety
one in the exhaust of the blower fan that advances the "timer" by one notch each time it trips and resets
so it heats your clothes to some predetermined "dry" temperature, trips and advances the 'timer' then runs air through them until it cools off and pops back in, advancing the timer again and then it runs the burner again until it reaches the "dry" temperature again, and so on. The number of cycles is determined by how far you set the dial on the "more dry" scale.

so it's automatically compensating for if you toss in some really wet or heavy clothes, it'll run the burner for longer in order to get the added mass of the water up to the 'dry' temperature

It's so fucking simple and it works so well and the engineering is just beautiful.

Anyways, it was tripping the overheat one because there wasn't enough airflow, because a clod of lint got knocked loose and was blocking the exhaust grate that keeps the squirrels out

afterwords it was acting funny so I was braining out the control scheme on it
it's got a mechanical flame sensor that gets heated up from the ceramic ignitor which then opens the gas valve, and keeps the gas valve open long as it is sensing flame

then there's two temperature switches,
one on the burner that trips off if there's too much heat there as a safety
one in the exhaust of the blower fan that advances the "timer" by one notch each time it trips and resets
so it heats your clothes to some predetermined "dry" temperature, trips and advances the 'timer' then runs air through them until it cools off and pops back in, advancing the timer again and then it runs the burner again until it reaches the "dry" temperature again, and so on. The number of cycles is determined by how far you set the dial on the "more dry" scale.

so it's automatically compensating for if you toss in some really wet or heavy clothes, it'll run the burner for longer in order to get the added mass of the water up to the 'dry' temperature

It's so fucking simple and it works so well and the engineering is just beautiful.

Anyways, it was tripping the overheat one because there wasn't enough airflow, because a clod of lint got knocked loose and was blocking the exhaust grate that keeps the squirrels out
sounds like the same machine. My inlaws replaced this thing with some super fancy high efficiency deals like ten years ago. I've had to fix those piles at least a half dozen times for random sensor faults or whatevers.

it works as well as it ever has, I can't even hear it running upstairs right above it. just feed it gas and get dry clothes.

$250 later I am now the proud owner of a 6" drum chipper. Came with the output chute which I brought home today and I'm gonna stop by and pick up the input chute sometime next week. Seller said a 40hp gas engine would be about the minimum and a 40hp diesel would fit it nicely. I only have Ford 300s lying around so that's what it's getting. :laughing:
IMG_20210422_185132_103.jpg

$250 later I am now the proud owner of a 6" drum chipper. Came with the output chute which I brought home today and I'm gonna stop by and pick up the input chute sometime next week. Seller said a 40hp gas engine would be about the minimum and a 40hp diesel would fit it nicely. I only have Ford 300s lying around so that's what it's getting. :laughing:
IMG_20210422_185132_103.jpg
Has it got knives you can pull out and grind? If so I can have a look and see if I still have my old chipper knife angle gauges if you want them.

Has it got knives you can pull out and grind? If so I can have a look and see if I still have my old chipper knife angle gauges if you want them.
Yeah they're removable. It came with a spare set. I plan on feeding construction debris through this at some point so I'm gonna have to learn to sharpen these.

Yeah they're removable. It came with a spare set. I plan on feeding construction debris through this at some point so I'm gonna have to learn to sharpen these.
I'll have a look then and if I got 'em they are yours for the price of free, I'll never get back into that field again. Hopefully I still have my notebook with all the anvil clearances etc. as well.

well yeah, they aren't intended to be trucks

hahahahahahhaha
hahaha
ha
I guess I'll update my thread again one of these days
I thought that you would laugh. Fortunately, ours is in better condition than yours.

Attachments

• FrontSide.jpg
    FrontSide.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 61
Top Back Refresh