What's new

Useless things about your day!

Cleaned up the yard a bit. Swapped the summer tires back onto the truck. Spent HOURS trying to reprogram the fucking TPMS. I have the tool, truck goes into program mode, and twice it reprogrammed the first tire, then nothing. Stupid thing won't register.

Going to drive on these tires for the summer, and get a year round set of tires for the truck. To hell with this swapping back and forth bullshit. Throw some Grabbers or something. When I do, swap in all new sensors. See if that does the trick. Just have to deal with the dash dinging at me.

Been cleaning the garage for 6 months now.🐌
I have an oversized two car, a 20' conex and were buying a shed soon.

My plan is two 20' connexes 10' apart with a roof joining them for added tractor implement storage.

I will probably outgrow all of these before too long.

To be fair, I do have a complete machine shop in my garage, surface grinder and all.
What was you old user name?

Got the bimmer delete done today and took it for a test hit. :smokin: Holy crap this thing is gonna be fun. I need to get it back to the alignment shop. The rear alignment is all borked up after I replaced all the bushings. My new tires won’t make it till august lol

Throwing a dummy for the dog today and my heart went nuts. Racing beats, messed up vision, clutch your chest and try not to fall over style. Got one tractor fired to the first time this year. Need to check into it, never had it steaming out the radiator before and it was only in the 50's today.

Throwing a dummy for the dog today and my heart went nuts. Racing beats, messed up vision, clutch your chest and try not to fall over style. Got one tractor fired to the first time this year. Need to check into it, never had it steaming out the radiator before and it was only in the 50's today.
Get your heart checked out. That shits no joke

ConwayMuddy said:

Welcome to Afib

Last edited:
Anyone have a 5.0 or 351w distributor on the shelf and want to measure the OD of the part that locates it in the bore?

Am I gonna kill a bus load of nuns if I use a 1" diameter pin as the center pivot for a watts link on an axle that sees max ~4000lb on top of it?

Last edited:
Need to check into it, never had it steaming out the radiator before and it was only in the 50's today.
I guess that used to be the temperature gauge.
just run straight rainwater and you'd know it was getting hot when it'd start to steam
rain is distilled, so you don't get scale from it, and in the winter you just dump the water out because alcohol antifreeze is just too expensive
'swhy everything used to have such nice and convenient drain cocks for the coolant

ETA: my heart does some wierd clenchy thing sometimes, only does it for a moment at a time, ain't done it for months. Similarly unconcerned, gotta die from something.

V6 or v8?
4.0 SOHC V6
this
v8 got the 4r70w same as a crown vic, which is more or less an AOD with electronic controls
v6 had the choice of a 4r44 or a 5r55 depending on if it were a 5spd or a 4spd
Its got 1,2 and a circled D so not a 5spd I presume.

A friend of mine told me it could be that the trans control module attached to the Body control module failed. Plausible?

Was informed the other day by my mom that “ the longer it takes you to get vaccinated, the longer it will be until we can come see you, just sayin....”
Infuriated me. Whatever. Her choice. Guess I won’t be seeing her anytime soon.

Was informed the other day by my mom that “ the longer it takes you to get vaccinated, the longer it will be until we can come see you, just sayin....”
Infuriated me. Whatever. Her choice. Guess I won’t be seeing her anytime soon.
But if she got the vaccine, what is she concerned about? :stirthepot:

But if she got the vaccine, what is she concerned about? :stirthepot:
Yeah. I have the same thought. Wife said it’s only like 70-90% effective and then saw something the other day that it’s only good for like 6-8 months?
I have a family full of MSM listeners and biden voters. 🤦‍♂️

I have a family full of MSM listeners and biden voters. 🤦‍♂️
I feel your pain as I typically get roped into group texts that I never participate in.

Today I'm reminded I'm getting old. Spent all day yesterday installing an underbody hoist on a flatbed truck. Didnt really strain myself as I had a forklift and a spare set if hands. I could barely walk this morning as every joint was aching. Finally getting my pace back up.

I feel your pain as I typically get roped into group texts that I never participate in.
Group texts get silenced right off the bat.
When the rona shit started, my brother was all OMG YOU NEED TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BLAH BLAH BLAH. I told him in every group family text that I wasn’t going to listen to it. My wifes bad habit is she keeps engaging in conversations with people she doesn’t agree with. That whole thing with my mom started on a FB post. Then after my wife told her “no we haven’t” and then my moms response, my brother in law chimed in and wrote a whole page diatribe about the longer we wait... and he has a friend who is “a strong, tough/whatever guy and he got the full effects of rona and said it was terrible.” And “my neighbor literally died from it”
Ok. I have friends that have gotten it. People die from rona due to having other conditions most of the time. Sometimes not but shit happens. I’m not going to engage in that conversation with the family. I just don’t give a fuck enough to try and argue....I just bitch about it to my internet friends :lmao:

I took my 89yo Mother to see her heart doctor today, at the end of it he was pushing the rona vaccine on her pretty aggressively, she told him to shove it up his ass in her own way she ain't getting it. :laughing: Then she points to me and said he got it and look at him, he looks at me and said "Did you have a problem with the vaccine?" I said nope, I had the rona and it wasn't all that bad.

Fucker created a lot of distance between us in a hurry. :lmao:

Group texts get silenced right off the bat.
When the rona shit started, my brother was all OMG YOU NEED TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BLAH BLAH BLAH. I told him in every group family text that I wasn’t going to listen to it. My wifes bad habit is she keeps engaging in conversations with people she doesn’t agree with. That whole thing with my mom started on a FB post. Then after my wife told her “no we haven’t” and then my moms response, my brother in law chimed in and wrote a whole page diatribe about the longer we wait... and he has a friend who is “a strong, tough/whatever guy and he got the full effects of rona and said it was terrible.” And “my neighbor literally died from it”
Ok. I have friends that have gotten it. People die from rona due to having other conditions most of the time. Sometimes not but shit happens. I’m not going to engage in that conversation with the family. I just don’t give a fuck enough to try and argue....I just bitch about it to my internet friends :lmao:
I can't seem to leave the group texts. The last one was a discussion on how its illegal to cross state borders.

4.0 SOHC V6

Its got 1,2 and a circled D so not a 5spd I presume.

A friend of mine told me it could be that the trans control module attached to the Body control module failed. Plausible?
oh extra poopy in that case
you can manual swap it fairly easily as there's a lot of cologne motor manuals laying around from rangers that have eaten their timing chains

dunno about that specific trans, but generally reverse should be mechanically boosted line pressure just like manual low
"fluid doesn't look burnt" does it look brand new like someone tried flushing the slip out of it?

Thanks. Let me know what you get. I'm hoping I can use a 5.0 distributor with different guts on a 3.0 or failing that, turn down the 5.0 distributor.
I think I have one in a box in the garage if you still need the measurement. Let me know and I'll dig it out.

Thanks. Let me know what you get. I'm hoping I can use a 5.0 distributor with different guts on a 3.0 or failing that, turn down the 5.0 distributor.
It looks like the diameter of the housing where the o-ring is measures 1.497-1.498. I would assume the hole in the block is 1.5"

visited the $150 service body equipped F350 again today
got it going, stuck a starter in it that they were throwing away at work
got it stopping, stuck used calipers in it that I'd had laying around for about a decade and hoses I just bought

found out the steering box sector shaft seal is pouring, but it was getting to be 4:00 so I had to head home to get here around 8:00
probably just gonna loop the lines so I don't smoke the pump running it dry on the way home
got a spare box left over from my ranger, could swap it up there but the bolts through the frame are gonna break off if I try and do it up there, if I do it at home they'll come out nicely

I just replaced the water pump on mine. Holy smokes the bearings were beyond shot.
I'll have to check that out. Never noticed it leaking, but I dont know if a pump from 58 would have a weep hole
I guess that used to be the temperature gauge.
just run straight rainwater and you'd know it was getting hot when it'd start to steam
rain is distilled, so you don't get scale from it, and in the winter you just dump the water out because alcohol antifreeze is just too expensive
'swhy everything used to have such nice and convenient drain cocks for the coolant

ETA: my heart does some wierd clenchy thing sometimes, only does it for a moment at a time, ain't done it for months. Similarly unconcerned, gotta die from something.
I've always ran distilled mixed with coolant. Never steamed before even running longer when it was 80+ outside. Could probably stand a flush and an oil change. Need to check the 48 and try to get that running as well. And then the dozer... while trying to convince myself not to buy another...

visited the $150 service body equipped F350 again today
got it going, stuck a starter in it that they were throwing away at work
got it stopping, stuck used calipers in it that I'd had laying around for about a decade and hoses I just bought

found out the steering box sector shaft seal is pouring, but it was getting to be 4:00 so I had to head home to get here around 8:00
probably just gonna loop the lines so I don't smoke the pump running it dry on the way home
got a spare box left over from my ranger, could swap it up there but the bolts through the frame are gonna break off if I try and do it up there, if I do it at home they'll come out nicely
I wish you lived closer in a non homo way.

We are cleaning out one of our warehouses and our old mechanic apparently was a parts changer who held onto all the barely used, used parts. I have a feeling by the time we are done there will be a couple pallets of good used parts that I am most likely going to recycle or just throw out. :(

I'm sure you would put them ALL to good use. In fact, PM me your number and I will snap some pictures to send to you. If it's something you can use, and cheap enough to ship I may just do it so I don't feel so bad about tossing all this stuff. Our fleet was primarily F and E2/350 with some chebbys thrown in and some passenger vehicles.

Top Back Refresh