What's new

Useless things about your day!

Great advice, thanks. I was also trying my best not to fuck up the ground too bad because it was on my grandmother’s property. Not sure what psi the tires are at but good to know about increasing pressure. Just googling the tractor I think it’s 64hp so should be way more than enough to get it out, so I was surprised when it didn’t do it. That points to operator error, I’ll do better next time lol I appreciate the response
You were also too far away, way too far.

It would depend on conditions near the stuck vehicle, but pulling from up high on the tractor(don’t pull from over the axle) to down low on the truck with about 3-4 feet of distance would be best.

Or yanking it as mentioned.

I don't get why people always get their panties in a knot over chains. For situations where you're nowhere near the break strength of the chain and aren't gonna be taking a running start it does just fine.
I don’t care for them as they can be hard on the vehicle.

My brother towed my dead 70 cutlass with a chain with me poileting it and yanked it so hard(3speed on tree on a hill) that it rattled my teeth and popped a foot shaped dent out of the front fender.:homer:

were you using chains for recovery?

I don't fuck with chains. Straps or nothing. I keep a recovery kit in the barn for the tractor.
My mother in law gets a 2wd truck stuck occasionally in a field. Greasy water saturated clay and grass.

At least now she doesn't just bury it to the axle and lay the spare tire on the ground trying to get out.

but if a little ford 1220 can get it.
I do have front axle stuff, but I'm not sure how much that really gets me. I did install a 2" receiver in the front bumper bar so I could plug a winch in a cradle in it. Mostly for dragging trees. I usually have to strap it to another tree to use the winch, which is pretty amusing, but it's been super handy for doing really dumb shit.
I had to strap it to another car to lift the bed off the truck. My wife thought I was insane, but it popped right off and straight up and I didn't die.
super handy mod if you can fit it in there. I need to build some sort of gin pole thing for the front.

Yea I was using a chain from the front but not jerking too hard, just a little jolt. In the back of the truck the mud extended pretty far so I had a chain hooked to my hitch and then a strap hooked to that.

Those boom poles are awesome though. My dad almost flipped his little Kubota backwards lifting up a 350 out of a K20 frame, it was kinda funny watching him scramble to drop the lift back down. I’d like to get a smaller size tractor like that, they’re super usefuk
You were also too far away, way too far.

It would depend on conditions near the stuck vehicle, but pulling from up high on the tractor(don’t pull from over the axle) to down low on the truck with about 3-4 feet of distance would be best.

Or yanking it as mentioned.

It was a humbling experience lol but thanks for the advice, I hope to avoid too much headache the next time it happens thanks everyone’s input

I want it, I don't want to drive out there lol
I need to be digging holes in the ground and retrieving shitty fords from bumfuck westkonsin
I'll sweeten the deal, I've got a 5h.p. craftsman generator that's probably older than me, ran 2 years ago when I needed it, but stopped making power after an hour. Was grandpas and I cant say I really need it. Got any good pick n pulls out your way? I'd deliver if one has a hatch for a 99 bmw wagon.

You need a shovel.
For what? To jam up under a tire a maybe drive out on one wheel? :flipoff2:

Digging out doesn't work in deep south black ground. Right now his water table is probably 3ft. In a drought in August it may be as low as 20ft. He has crawfish mounds in his driveway and the privacy fence in his backyard is anchored down with cables so it won't float up out of the ground and fall over.

A shovel ain't gonna do shit.

I don't get why people always get their panties in a knot over chains. For situations where you're nowhere near the break strength of the chain and aren't gonna be taking a running start it does just fine.
bang bang bang

because nobody can keep fucking tension on a chain and the fucking moment you think the person pulling is going to stop, so you slow down and let a little slack into it so you can unhook they TAKE THE FUCK OFF FOOT TO THE FLOOR LIKE A WINDOWLICKING RETARD

I'll sweeten the deal, I've got a 5h.p. craftsman generator that's probably older than me, ran 2 years ago when I needed it, but stopped making power after an hour. Was grandpas and I cant say I really need it. Got any good pick n pulls out your way? I'd deliver if one has a hatch for a 99 bmw wagon.
uhh there's a couple but they're the kinda assholes that'll charge you $90 for a fucking clutch pedal "you see there's a brake pedal and throttle pedal attached to it, and all associated brackets, and the master cylinder and pushrod..." I left it on the counter mid explanation.

jellisons is good to deal with but really doubt they'd have a BMW wagon, much less one without rust holes big enough to let the squirrels in.

For what? To jam up under a tire a maybe drive out on one wheel? :flipoff2:

Digging out doesn't work in deep south black ground. Right now his water table is probably 3ft. In a drought in August it may be as low as 20ft. He has crawfish mounds in his driveway and the privacy fence in his backyard is anchored down with cables so it won't float up out of the ground and fall over.

A shovel ain't gonna do shit.
I've been stuck in the river bed, sitting on the frame. I dug the entire truck out and made a ramp in front of it so it could be pulled out. Water was flowing by me.

Bikes prepped for this weekends 2-day trial. Wish us luck!
Now to go prep the bus.

1619654773334.png

I've been stuck in the river bed, sitting on the frame. I dug the entire truck out and made a ramp in front of it so it could be pulled out. Water was flowing by me.
I found an underground spring, with a truck on 44's. The hood was normally about 6 feet high, it was down at my feet. 3 days and 4 different tractors later, finally got it out by using the loader to pick up the ends and swing it out. Peeled a tire off the rim, started the marsh grass on fire, bent the frame, blew up both driveshafts and lost a muffler. But hey, now I've got a pond you can park an extended cab gmt400 in.

A riverbed in MS? Or a riverbed out west? Because I can promise you, if you started digging in a riverbed in MS with a shovel you would have vanished, unless you got lucky enough to grab onto a cypress knee before Ma Earth absorbed you.

:flipoff2:

A riverbed in MS? Or a riverbed out west? Because I can promise you, if you started digging in a riverbed in MS with a shovel you would have vanished, unless you got lucky enough to grab onto a cypress knee before Ma Earth absorbed you.

:flipoff2:
In California.:flipoff2:

Can you get the big bottom jack stands out without taking the entire stack down?
Yup! They are all hanging on screws. :smokin: I got pissed off at them always being in the way and collecting dust and cat hair under them.
1619657589933.png

Reactions: Ebs
changed the oil in the shitbox
lifters had been clattering more than usual
drained like water, it'd been gaining oil the last 20k miles it was in there, wasn't losing coolant
oh well we'll see how it goes this time, filter looked okay so I didn't change it lol

Following the current theme, pulled this old girl out with my buggy. It had buried the diff and was trying to dig it's way to Russia.

I didn't think I'd get it out, but the buggy didn't even spin a tyre? Just lugged it out of there... :confused:

ford.jpg

Top Back Refresh