What's new

Useless things about your day!

Mowed lawn for the first time this year, fuck yard work. Mowed with the tractor again, after replacing the water I lost as steam last time. No overheating today but I did get stuck. 40' of chain and a come along and back on my way. Came real close to shooting the dog again, fucker.

I have a flashlight and knife clipped into the same pocket
the 33 stacks up next to them, where a 15 or 17 fits underneath them, so every time you bend over it'll automatically put the flashlight and/or knife onto the floor for you

the 33 is just more convenient
So how’d it drop out? Damn, in today’s market that is like $35 in ammo

New Mexico Trials Association May 2 day trial was this past weekend.

Dad and I Rode Amature class.
Saturday I tied for 2nd but ended up in 3rd on cleans. Dad had a rough day, placing in the teens.
Sunday I tied for 1st but ended up 2nd on cleans. Dad had an epic day with his best card ever putting him in 4th with 15 points!
Overall for the weekend. Me in first!
1f632.png

1620050520351.png

1620050633056.png

1620050666877.png

:grinpimp:

New Mexico Trials Association May 2 day trial was this past weekend.

Dad and I Rode Amature class.
Saturday I tied for 2nd but ended up in 3rd on cleans. Dad had a rough day, placing in the teens.
Sunday I tied for 1st but ended up 2nd on cleans. Dad had an epic day with his best card ever putting him in 4th with 15 points!
Overall for the weekend. Me in first!
1f632.png

1620050520351.png

1620050633056.png

1620050666877.png

:grinpimp:
Love this sport.

I had a 67 OSSA that had every custom bit they made for it back in the day, clean bike.

All I ever did was plonk around in the yard with it and finally wound up selling it way too cheap when I ran out of room.

Can someone with a set of spoke style dis-mountable 17.5 rims measure the ID of the barrel of the rim?

My loader hubs are way to big for 15s (the hub OD itself is approx 15" and I'm hoping 17.5s will fit.

Young girl at the grocery store drives a 96 F250. Looks clean. I've always wanted to buy it off her. Went in the store today to get some coffee for work and I asked her how its running. Says she's going to part it out. :eek: "The frame is all crusty". I need to see what crusty means. Told her before she parts it out, head over to my work and let me know. I'm interested in buying it.

Hell, if the frame is bad I'll see myself about fixing it or even sending it out to someone that can.

Had one of the guys tell us that a fan motor was sounding funny.
Looked at and one of the blades had a stress crack, then we found that one of the bolts that holds the motor case together had snapped the nut and the last 1/2" of the threads off:

IMG_20210505_120209382.jpg

Pulled the bolt off of a similar motor in the junk pile and it's back in operation.

Aaron Z

Aaron Z

hobby lobby got model kits 40% off.
bought me some gundams to build.
yeah, I'm pretty deep in the nerdery.

Attachments

• IMG_20210505_211210744.jpg
    IMG_20210505_211210744.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210505_210009214.jpg
    IMG_20210505_210009214.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 48
Finally sent my mothers 2011 enclave w/ 140k through auction. It had been sitting for over a year with bad cats, bad a/c and blend doors, electrical gremlins out the ass. As-is, where-is, suck my asshole terms.

$6100 :laughing:

“Randomly” picked for a drug test for the fifth or sixth time in a row. Haven’t gotten to eat lunch yet either :rolleyes:

put my truck over the scales empty today
12' steel flatbed, '93 f350, 2wd 7.3/zf5
3860 front 3260 rear

kind of interesting because the door tag says the TIB is only good for 4k lbs
here and I was worried about needing to move the rear axle back if I were to put a set of dovetail ramps on it

ETA: also funny because we just put my dad's WJ over the same scale a couple months before, and it was something like 5400 lbs
where do they fit all the lead in those fuckers? lol

Competed in my first ever navigational rally last night. Got the results in just now and we took 1st in class, 1st overall and had a perfect run with 0 penalty points :smokin:
What is a navigational rally? Does it involve a mode of transport?

kind of interesting because the door tag says the TIB is only good for 4k lbs
Not that you're the kind of person to worry about this sort of thing but you should hop on rockauto and check out what other applications use that same pair of bearings, same hub/rotor, etc. You'll give a lot less fucks about front axle ratings on TIB trucks/vans. :laughing:

Took the new motodog for his first ride last night after getting his tank bag back from the upholsterer. He did great! Unfortunately his goggles are going to be too big for him to get his head in and out of the tank bag. He is directly behind the windshield though so not much worry. Will continue goggle training for longer trips when he will be in his crate on the back, or when he's in the jeep with his head out the window.

Video

1620400719725.png
1620400753089.png
1620400777573.png

Successfully wired in a new kill switch lanyard to my little fishing boats outboard.

I worked over the 25hp Evinrude a bit and Im getting close to 30mph in a 14' tin boat. Im looking for 35mph and the last time I had it out by myself it was proposing bad enough at 28mph for the prop to suck air.:eek:

Figured it was time since Im about to finish the jack plate and have a new prop coming.

I have an old school points 35hp engine in the wings that should get me well over 35mph, but I have to finish the lower unit. Im putting 25hp gears in the 35hp lower for more top end.

Should be fun if I can keep it upright.:homer:

What is a navigational rally? Does it involve a mode of transport?
Kind of like orienteering in a car, they're also sometimes called a 12 car rally. You get given a set of directions, have to plot them on a map and then drive from check point to check point noting any code boards along the route whilst trying not to get lost and still make your check points on time. You get penalty points for missing code boards and turning up late to your check points. The timings are pretty tight so to make timing you have to drive assertively whilst obeying all road rules. If you get caught rolling a stop sign, driving dangerously etc, then you're instantly disqualified.
This one was aimed at beginners and was only about 35 competitive miles mostly in daylight (vs 100 in the dark for a normal one) though loads of tight twisty back roads and one leg was almost all single track.
I was a bit apprehensive about it tbh. I wasn't sure if we'd enjoy it, especially the co-driver as he had to do most of real work but it was actually good fun and we were absolutely stoked to just to get a penalty free run let alone taking the win.

Successfully wired in a new kill switch lanyard to my little fishing boats outboard.

I worked over the 25hp Evinrude a bit and Im getting close to 30mph in a 14' tin boat. Im looking for 35mph and the last time I had it out by myself it was proposing bad enough at 28mph for the prop to suck air.:eek:

Figured it was time since Im about to finish the jack plate and have a new prop coming.

I have an old school points 35hp engine in the wings that should get me well over 35mph, but I have to finish the lower unit. Im putting 25hp gears in the 35hp lower for more top end.

Should be fun if I can keep it upright.:homer:
I hang a 35hp tiller on a 1448 flat bottom. Smooth water it skates around and hauls, fun trying to keep it straight and dont slow down fast. Need to figure out a way to track speed

Top Back Refresh