What's new

Useless things about your day!

Fucking c10 hei module died on me again. That hei is gonna get trashed and a points distributer is gonna get tossed back in:lmao:. Sitting on the side of the highway on the way to boxing :lmao:.

Buddy is comming with his roll back :smokin:
I had a buddy who kept a spare HEI module in the glove box for when (not if) the module randomly checks out. Have considered doing the same for the Accel dizzy in my F250, but it's down waiting on me to pull & refresh the engine so not an immediate concern :laughing: . . . :frown:

Haven't been out on my trail in a month due to a knee injury. Fucking hell is it overgrown. Some areas if I didn't have ribbon or arrows up I would have no idea where it went

This is one of the better sections. Some of it is 4' to 5' tall :shaking:

PXL_20240523_220009632.jpg

Kid's b-day party was yesterday. Lots of screaming little girls running around. The guys all grouped together and wandered off. While standing near the well "house" we got to talking about it and decided to open the thing and have a look at the pressure tank for some reason.

Flip the cover off and immediately notice water spraying out from a rust hole on the side of the tank. Fucking fuck. Pushed the air valve in and it sprayed water out from there too. Guess I'm replacing that this week. :shaking:

Probably going to build a shed over it also. The current house is just a flipped over IBC tote. Need to measure the concrete pad it is on.

Replaced the tank last night. Apparently it has been fubar for a while leaking internally and externally.

The reason we got to looking at it is when I would take a shower the water pressure would fluctuate with the pump kicking on and off. Now with the new tank it is stable and has quite a bit more pressure to it as a nice bonus.

Fucking c10 hei module died on me again. That hei is gonna get trashed and a points distributer is gonna get tossed back in:lmao:. Sitting on the side of the highway on the way to boxing :lmao:.

Buddy is comming with his roll back :smokin:
the shits of electrical parts being about 30 years too old for any decent parts to be still made
all you can get is chinkmo trash since so few are depending on them as daily drivers any more

Replaced the 9-1/2 year old completely worn out tires on my work trailer last week. That was the very first maintenance I did to the trailer since I purchased it new back in 2015. Well. I did check the air pressure 2 or 3 times since new.
I came out of a jobsite yesterday to this.
IMG_7262.jpeg

No tools to fix it on site so this is how I got it home

IMG_7264.jpeg

Goes in for all new springs and bushings tomorrow am. I’m just too old and busy with work to crawl under and replace them myself.

so
there's a lathe I was sent pictures of (fuck)
flat on its face on an old trailer
early enough gear head that it looks like a threaded spindle from the shitty pictures
no mention of make though it doesn't matter that much
carriage is about half as wide as the ways are long, but it's a li'l fatty for how chodeish it is

asking 400 and I'm driving out to look at it... soon™

fucking northeasterners with your fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
why am I dragging home more shit I should be pouring stairs goddamnit

buy a "torx plus", since that's what those are, sadly

ETA: maybe
kinda mangled
the torx plus looks kinda like the old "ribe drive" with squarer teeth to it than the roundier old torx

Replaced the 9-1/2 year old completely worn out tires on my work trailer last week. That was the very first maintenance I did to the trailer since I purchased it new back in 2015. Well. I did check the air pressure 2 or 3 times since new.
Goes in for all new springs and bushings tomorrow am. I’m just too old and busy with work to crawl under and replace them myself.
If the springs & bushing folks don't service the wheel bearings, please do.

buy a "torx plus", since that's what those are, sadly

ETA: maybe
kinda mangled
the torx plus looks kinda like the old "ribe drive" with squarer teeth to it than the roundier old torx
I have TPs. T50 fits. TP45 does as well. They don't look like TP but will double check with the new ones. Good call.

Yeah, I was already planning on repacking the bearings and check and adjust the brakes next weekend. The bearings I’d rather do myself so I know they’re thoroughly cleaned and all new grease as opposed to them simply using the zerk or slapping a bit more grease in with the old grease.

Yeah, I was already planning on repacking the bearings and check and adjust the brakes next weekend. The bearings I’d rather do myself so I know they’re thoroughly cleaned and all new grease as opposed to them simply using the zerk or slapping a bit more grease in with the old grease.
After the tires and springs both die of old age, might as well inspect the bearings for the first time :laughing:

And brake shoes or at least an adjustment. It's crazy how much better they work when maintained! I sprung for drums and loaded backing plates last year, life is good:smokin:

After the tires and springs both die of old age, might as well inspect the bearings for the first time :laughing:

Hey, if it ain’t broke….
One of the original tires removed last week
IMG_7246.jpeg

Seriously. Had a questionably plugged tire and was waiting for it to go on my trailer. Two other perfectly good ones blew before I cried uncle and bought all new tires.
had a pair of goodyear somethingoranothers on the front of the golf
ten years after they were discontinued and totally bald, but they were still running smooth up to 100

finally put tires with tread on to replace them, steering wheel shakes at 50, fuck

so
there's a lathe I was sent pictures of (fuck)
flat on its face on an old trailer
early enough gear head that it looks like a threaded spindle from the shitty pictures
no mention of make though it doesn't matter that much
carriage is about half as wide as the ways are long, but it's a li'l fatty for how chodeish it is

asking 400 and I'm driving out to look at it... soon™

fucking northeasterners with your fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
why am I dragging home more shit I should be pouring stairs goddamnit
it's a sidney
and she's a thick one
tritrol gear head, threaded spindle nose which is big disappoonting, was laying on its face but most of the levers and such are still there and even operational
seems to be from the mid '30s
should weigh about 4k, so I'm not skidsteering that one down off the flatbed

This is totally useless, but part of my job is to be sure each month that the Dozer gets 4 hours of run time on it so it can warm up, look for leaks, etc.. regardless of if there's a fire to fight that month. Another part is to put 100 miles on the tractor trailer per month, for the same reasons.
I had to get miles on the truck today anyway, and put fuel in it, so I organized it so that my dad could meet me and see the truck and dozer and all. We ran a site work company together for over 20 years and he's retired now and sold it all, so he's into trucks and machinery like I am. He met me out at a gas station near his house this morning and he got to look at everything and check out the truck and dozer and all.

It was nice to get to spend time with him again today. Between my on call time and him traveling all over the country following my half brother who's a pitcher in a college baseball team, we don't get to see each other much any more. He was kinda shocked by how big a CAT D4 high track is compared to the same year model CAT D4 LGP was that we had back in the day. He's a firebug too so he's jealous as hell that I get to run equipment and fight fire :smokin:
Also ran into a stranger at the gas station who wanted to check out the rig and all too, and a guy I used to work with at the city job I hated (this guy was one of the reasons I hated the job) so ended up hanging around talking for quite a while today, which beats sitting around the office watching it rain

Top Back Refresh