What's new

Useless things about your day!

it's a sidney
and she's a thick one
tritrol gear head, threaded spindle nose which is big disappoonting, was laying on its face but most of the levers and such are still there and even operational
seems to be from the mid '30s
should weigh about 4k, so I'm not skidsteering that one down off the flatbed
Nice score. I paid about that for my no-name 1800s flat belt garbage.

Nice score. I paid about that for my no-name 1800s flat belt garbage.
I just lifted the 200lb headstock cover
all herringbone gears
hooooly shit

and to think I was looking at the $400 craigslist ad of it and hesitated a few days while hoping someone else would pick it up
it's only got the "standard" 6' bed resulting in 30" between centers which is kinda a downer, and only 8 speeds topping out under 500 rpm, but
the fuckin double helicals man!
fuck a monarch, fuck a pacemaker
00n0n_fgi6QbqXPI8_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

that's a 6' bed, not the trailer but the lathe

I think once you get that cleaned up it'll serve you well.

At least it's just a cleanup project and not a "well the last guy's belt to electric motor conversion has shit ratios so I need to re-engineer that" type of project.

I had to get miles on the truck today anyway, and put fuel in it, so I organized it so that my dad could meet me and see the truck and dozer and all. We ran a site work company together for over 20 years and he's retired now and sold it all, so he's into trucks and machinery like I am. He met me out at a gas station near his house this morning and he got to look at everything and check out the truck and dozer and all.
:beer: Totes cool! :smokin:

Glad you could show him his hard work raising you was worth it.

oh there's a few big cracks in the headstock base leg motor cabinet thing that'll get nickel rodded but
1668638406704083.jpg

my garbage is actually the exact shit that I dreamed about getting like fifteen, twenty years ago
I was gonna settle for a monarch, then later on I downgraded that to "anything with a few backgeared speeds" and one further to "I'll toss a fuckin chain drive on a step pulley lathe if one comes up with quick change threading"

This is totally useless, but part of my job is to be sure each month that the Dozer gets 4 hours of run time on it so it can warm up, look for leaks, etc.. regardless of if there's a fire to fight that month. Another part is to put 100 miles on the tractor trailer per month, for the same reasons.
I had to get miles on the truck today anyway, and put fuel in it, so I organized it so that my dad could meet me and see the truck and dozer and all. We ran a site work company together for over 20 years and he's retired now and sold it all, so he's into trucks and machinery like I am. He met me out at a gas station near his house this morning and he got to look at everything and check out the truck and dozer and all.

It was nice to get to spend time with him again today. Between my on call time and him traveling all over the country following my half brother who's a pitcher in a college baseball team, we don't get to see each other much any more. He was kinda shocked by how big a CAT D4 high track is compared to the same year model CAT D4 LGP was that we had back in the day. He's a firebug too so he's jealous as hell that I get to run equipment and fight fire :smokin:
Also ran into a stranger at the gas station who wanted to check out the rig and all too, and a guy I used to work with at the city job I hated (this guy was one of the reasons I hated the job) so ended up hanging around talking for quite a while today, which beats sitting around the office watching it rain
Finding a job you're suited for that you like, then being able to share it with your dad, is awesome. Dad died 8 months after me starting where I'm at now, and was in no shape or mood to travel. He would have loved seeing what I do so damn much, as well as been happy to know that his boy was finally doing something commensurate with his abilities and doing something his son enjoys. I'm happy for you to have been able to share that with your dad. Don't take for granted how awesome that is.
Not trying to bring you down, but I can't find a better way to put it.
:beer:

Fuck fuck fuck...:mad3::mad3:

Got the windshield tinted in the Benz yesterday for $250.00.....

Driving on the freeway passing a gravel truck...yep..heard a bang..big rock...don't see a chip...figured I dodged a bullet...

Nope....was at top of the windscreen...go through a car wash and it cracks..

Looks like 850 or so for the glass itself...:mad3:
20240524_134749.jpg

Fuck fuck fuck...:mad3::mad3:

Got the windshield tinted in the Benz yesterday for $250.00.....

Driving on the freeway passing a gravel truck...yep..heard a bang..big rock...don't see a chip...figured I dodged a bullet...

Nope....was at top of the windscreen...go through a car wash and it cracks..

Looks like 850 or so for the glass itself...:mad3:
20240524_134749.jpg
still going strong

if you don't mind it staying where it is and not growing further, couple minutes with a carbide burr...

So any of you familiar with cashapp?
Kid that used to work for me had $4200 put in his account at around 4:00 this morning. He didn't find out until he got up at 7 or so.
About a minute after the deposit/transfer he got a request to please return the money as it was done in error.
He transferred the money to his bank account and has ignored their requests all day.
Scam?
He says a friend told him if he responds they can gain access to all of his account information.
WWI4x4D?

still going strong

if you don't mind it staying where it is and not growing further, couple minutes with a carbide burr...

Would try...but it's just inside my view and my ocd. Would go nuts:lmao:

Kid that used to work for me had $4200 put in his account at around 4:00 this morning. He didn't find out until he got up at 7 or so.
About a minute after the deposit/transfer he got a request to please return the money as it was done in error.
He transferred the money to his bank account and has ignored their requests all day.
Scam?
He says a friend told him if he responds they can gain access to all of his account information.
WWI4x4D?
What money?:smokin:

had to weld up the pintle on the drive pump, and reinstall it all. ziptie the tension spring so you can get it bolted together. 3 hrs of laying in there was not fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20240524_165507126_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240524_165507126_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240524_171106447.jpg
    IMG_20240524_171106447.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240524_171156114_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240524_171156114_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240524_171207209_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240524_171207209_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
Scam?
WWI4x4D?

Not long after I opened my first checking account, I had $200 or maybe $300 randomly placed in it. So I did the honest thing and pulled everything out ASAP:grinpimp:

I figured my 16 year old ass had just beat the system....couple weeks later I stuck a paycheck in there and they took their money back:laughing:

Scam?
WWI4x4D?
I bet the $$ is not “real”.. like the cashier check scam.

I’d at least sit on it for awhile

Our kids get $$$ for doing stuff... not really an allowance. Any A in school is a dollar, help me pick up sticks in the woods out back is $5, do all your chores is $1/day etc.

Anyways, wife decides to clean daughter's room today and get rid of a bunch of toys/clothes etc she doesn't use anymore. "I'm putting all your squishmellows on your bed."

She bought all these with her own money. I knew there was an excessive amount but didn't realize how out of hand it had gotten. I think we have enough.

20240525_161958.jpg

had to weld up the pintle on the drive pump, and reinstall it all. ziptie the tension spring so you can get it bolted together. 3 hrs of laying in there was not fun.
I see bobcat has managed to make service even worse
"good" to see they still have that stupid belt driven gearbox fan thing that the oil leaks out of and then it catches fire

got kids you're hoping to leave it to?

pole shed's nice because it lasts "just barely long enough"
If you under-shoot you're fucked. The guy who gave me that parts Lesbaru had me and my brother tarp the roof on his "I'm gonna die here" vacation/retirement cabin. You don't wanna be dealing with that shit when I'm 80-something. The 100yr solution makes more sense.

Or you can build a 300yr solution and fuck the next owner.

Not long after I opened my first checking account, I had $200 or maybe $300 randomly placed in it. So I did the honest thing and pulled everything out ASAP:grinpimp:

I figured my 16 year old ass had just beat the system....couple weeks later I stuck a paycheck in there and they took their money back:laughing:
When I was 18, I got a $30,000 refund check from the IRS.

They came looking for it about 6 months later.

2big bronco is this a good deal? Not for me but I got someone asking. Seems a little steep for a 2wd but I don't really follow the market on tractors so maybe the stupid low hours for age makes up for that.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 10.50.12 AM.png

Top Back Refresh