What's new

Useless things about your day!

Went for a 4 hour ride Wednesday night after work. First good long one sonce i broke my wrist in March. Good golly am I sore today.

No races this weekend, gonna do a lot of shop clean up tonight/tomorrow, return bottles, and see if I can get a bracket built for the battery that's gonna power the fans on the KTM 50 for woods racing. Oh, and brake pads that will get nuked in one weekend next weekend at the sand track.:laughing:

Then up to the track Sunday for practice.

I’m equally happy and sad today. Only kid is graduating high school (happy).

At end of summer she moves to college (sad).

Yesterday she was crying, realizing that after today, friends she had at school since forever, she may never see again. A sobering thought and a reality of life as people float in and out of our lives.

She is daddies girl. I’m not going to survive without her around. Going to be crying like a baby tonight, I know it.
My niece graduated last weekend. I was at a little gathering for her afterwards and there she was, face in her phone. I said "Glad to be a part of your celebration. Wish you'd be a part of it, too, Turd."

"Hold on, I'm unfriending all the people I didn't want to be friends with but had to because I saw them every day." LOL.

She didn't tell anyone where she was going to college because she didn't want anyone from her class to check it out and go with her.

Head cheerleader, basketball, cross country... she's fuckin done. Gonna be nothing but a "meep meep" and a dust cloud when she goes to college next month.

My niece graduated last weekend. I was at a little gathering for her afterwards and there she was, face in her phone. I said "Glad to be a part of your celebration. Wish you'd be a part of it, too, Turd."

"Hold on, I'm unfriending all the people I didn't want to be friends with but had to because I saw them every day." LOL.

She didn't tell anyone where she was going to college because she didn't want anyone from her class to check it out and go with her.

Head cheerleader, basketball, cross country... she's fuckin done. Gonna be nothing but a "meep meep" and a dust cloud when she goes to college next month.
That's good, she will be successful in life:smokin:. The biggest losers I know STILL hang out with all their highschool friends and act like they never left. Post highschool is where you really grow as a person, and a good period to reset and reprioritize who is in your life and who you associate with.

That's good, she will be successful in life:smokin:. The biggest losers I know STILL hang out with all their highschool friends and act like they never left. Post highschool is where you really grow as a person, and a good period to reset and reprioritize who is in your life and who you associate with.
30r1af.jpg

Took my racecar for a cruise (35-40mph) around the block a little while ago just because and some Kyle neighbor was standing at his gate with his phone out taking a picture/video so I waved as I drove by and then went back to the house and parked it. Apparently Kyle was screaming ASSHOLE at me when I drove by and my wife heard him about 1/8 mile away but I didn't. I've driven my racecar (sxs) around the block a total of 3 times since I moved here 2yrs ago. If he wants to see asshole I have no problem brush mowing a track into my big field in the morning and burning tank after tank of ethanol doing laps WFO. I live well outside city limits and can do shit like that at will. Kyle needs to go back in the fucking house and mind his business before he really has something to whine about.

Took my racecar for a cruise (35-40mph) around the block a little while ago just because and some Kyle neighbor was standing at his gate with his phone out taking a picture/video so I waved as I drove by and then went back to the house and parked it. Apparently Kyle was screaming ASSHOLE at me when I drove by and my wife heard him about 1/8 mile away but I didn't. I've driven my racecar (sxs) around the block a total of 3 times since I moved here 2yrs ago. If he wants to see asshole I have no problem brush mowing a track into my big field in the morning and burning tank after tank of ethanol doing laps WFO. I live well outside city limits and can do shit like that at will. Kyle needs to go back in the fucking house and mind his business before he really has something to whine about.

DO IT!!:mr-t:

Have a work weekend at hunting camp. Gonna be the boys first trip there. Everybody said the 12 year old rule didn't apply to him. We'll see how a 9yo does with no internet or cell service. There isn't even a couch. Kitchen table or your bunk. His "uncles" plan on keeping him occupied. I've got to haul another SxS's plus his 4 wheeler. Use up all the space.
Bubs.jpg

Make sure you make him feel like one of the guys...
at a 9 yo level.

make sure the 'uncles' make him feel good about helping...

Camaraderie isn't just for adults.
They're my childhood friends. They'll fight tooth and nail for him, thankfully. Dad's don't teach the kids to hunt and shoot. That's the uncles job. I had 3 of their boys when they each got their first deer. I just hope JB is old enough to realize what he's got. Sweating the old timers 12yo rule. They had a reason for that.

Took my racecar for a cruise (35-40mph)
I'd send you money for a tank of fuel if you do. :smokin:

Im inside city limits barely, neighbors complained to the city about some animals we got. If we werent looking for some acreage I'd be getting the stupidest cam'd corvette off FB/OfferUp/RaceJunkies...etc. Would be the first time in A FUCKING LONG TIME I'D BE EARLY A WORK. Cold start and let that bitch "warm up" for 20 minutes. :stirthepot:

:beer:

They're my childhood friends. They'll fight tooth and nail for him, thankfully. Dad's don't teach the kids to hunt and shoot. That's the uncles job. I had 3 of their boys when they each got their first deer. I just hope JB is old enough to realize what he's got. Sweating the old timers 12yo rule. They had a reason for that.
Very cool! He'll remember this for life. :beer:

If it was dry I'd already be out there mowing, tractor has plenty of lights. Unfortunately we have had weeks of rain and a canoe or rubber raft would probably be the more appropriate thing to take out there and not get stuck. But I still may do it once it dries up.

Top Back Refresh