What's new

Useless things about your day!

Voted against the school budget. Fuck taxes. Hopefully my text chain gets some traction and it's defeated.

Poll worker looks at my daughter and says "voting for her future!" Damn right, if she's to have a future here this better not pass. Couldn't say that out loud or my ballot would be adjusted.

I dont even know 300 people.
It's crazy. I knew everyone here.
Parking.jpg

Voted against the school budget. Fuck taxes. Hopefully my text chain gets some traction and it's defeated.

Poll worker looks at my daughter and says "voting for her future!" Damn right, if she's to have a future here this better not pass. Couldn't say that out loud or my ballot would be adjusted.
Vermont progressives are pushing the working man out. It's not a done deal yet, but school budgets are funded by property taxes. And the fed money has run out. So instead of going back to the realistic number, they want the property owners to pick up the fed numbers and then some.

I was going to do a Tuesday's "what is it?" thread, because I found this tool at work and I've never seen anything like it before, but I ended up finding out what it is before having to hear "dikfer" and "henway" 13 times :flipoff2:
I'll give it a few posts to see if anyone pops up with what it is then give the answer. I'm sure in some industries they're probably very common and maybe I'm dumb for having never seen one before, but I thought it was cool.
20240521_092201.jpg

As cool as it was when my A&P mechanic grandpa taught me how use to tie wire pliers I've never actually had a need for them.

Have wired on a lot of grips and other crap. Always just used my kleins:laughing:

I could see the use on fancier and more important stuff though. Baler wire only holds so much:grinpimp:

Got worried about my rear axle/tires from the last time I loaded up so threw together a "welding" trailer from my old dirt bike trailer my dad and I built.

Fuckin A it was so nice to have this setup....
1000013237.jpg

Attachments

• 1000013246.jpg
    1000013246.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2

Fuck this place. Another 3% direct increase in property tax, and that 3% is matched by the state for further indirect cost increases.

Have wired on a lot of grips and other crap. Always just used my kleins:laughing:

I could see the use on fancier and more important stuff though. Baler wire only holds so much:grinpimp:

I learned the magic of bakerlok and safety wiring became a lot less interesting at least while I was in the oilfield and had access to it.

Fuck this place. Another 3% direct increase in property tax, and that 3% is matched by the state for further indirect cost increases.
state run "education" = self serving brainwashing
without the state who would EDUCATE the cheeeeeeldren?

has anyone checked on argentina's roads? Surely they've evaporated into thin air by now.

state run "education" = self serving brainwashing
without the state who would EDUCATE the cheeeeeeldren?

has anyone checked on argentina's roads? Surely they've evaporated into thin air by now.
The lack of participation is terrible. 871 to 418 in a district of 34k people but it's so small sometimes I feel like I can make an impact. I figure a good part of the 871 are teachers.

The lack of participation is terrible. 871 to 418 in a district of 34k people but it's so small sometimes I feel like I can make an impact. I figure a good part of the 871 are teachers.
the only way to exist in your part of town is to stick your head in the sand, lube up and try to ignore the state's overreach

everyone who notices how quiet their own farts have gotten doesn't last long

the only way to exist in your part of town is to stick your head in the sand, lube up and try to ignore the state's overreach

everyone who notices how quiet their own farts have gotten doesn't last long
I can't do it. I often wish my business would stall out so that would break the chain on my leg. I think about that and go wtf is wrong with you.

I can't do it. I often wish my business would stall out so that would break the chain on my leg. I think about that and go wtf is wrong with you.
As I sit here contemplating pouring stairs that are only like 30 miles on the wrong side of a state border, and eight miles from a "better" county border

we're all compliant li'l marshmallows
oh well, that's life

As I sit here contemplating pouring stairs that are only like 30 miles on the wrong side of a state border, and eight miles from a "better" county border

we're all compliant li'l marshmallows
oh well, that's life
I started expanding my canopy when I briefly convinced myself to stay and tolerate it. Hung the girders and stopped at soon as I got another "fuck this" feeling.

Someone of your pedigree I can't imagine you wouldn't kill it living anywhere in the US that has industry.
It's more difficult than just doing the work. These places have long established relationships with contractors.

New facilities, and management changes are what have brought me into other places.

It's more difficult than just doing the work. These places have long established relationships with contractors.

New facilities, and management changes are what have brought me into other places.
I know but guys that can do, can do.

There are so many opportunities I wouldn't let that scare me off.

Top Back Refresh