What's new

the youtube thread

Me and momma had lunch once at the Milestones restaurant in Sudbury, Ontario. If I remember correctly it was them that had tables made from huge wooden timbers that had been used to regulate a dam. The water wore the soft grain of the wood more than the hard grains, and left incredibly deep grooves in the surface. Beautiful.

Anyway, just came across this video, which shows how fire can age the wood in the same fashion.

15:28 burning wood with mapp gas
16:10 brushing off char with brass brush
25:42 final wood finish.

Enjoy.

Steve's Small Engine Saloon.

This has recently popped up a lot on my youtube feed (probably everyone else's too?).

He's got lots of good videos, some of it might be common sense for us. Not too much fluff, generally straight to the point.

Good example here of how to tip over your lawnmower without spilling out fluids. I watched it thinking I already knew what was going to be said, but was wrong.

Me and momma had lunch once at the Milestones restaurant in Sudbury, Ontario. If I remember correctly it was them that had tables made from huge wooden timbers that had been used to regulate a dam. The water wore the soft grain of the wood more than the hard grains, and left incredibly deep grooves in the surface. Beautiful.

Anyway, just came across this video, which shows how fire can age the wood in the same fashion.

15:28 burning wood with mapp gas
16:10 brushing off char with brass brush
25:42 final wood finish.

Enjoy.

wood smash.

over and over. :flipoff2:

Rocky Mountain Bull Hauler is decent background music if you like country/ rock. It's basically a slide show of truck pictures with some decent tunes.

4wd 24-7

Australian “tracks” off-roading channel.

28D9CBB8-6E55-44F5-BED9-836B8AD4F330.jpeg
5A7C921C-4664-45B9-8EA2-D215D9AE9ABF.jpeg

Last edited:
The Proper People

Plainly Difficult

Ordinary Things

Fascinating Horror

Decent "find something else to watch besides vehicle stuff" channels

Last edited:
I think the ole YT had an aneurism today or figured I would just watch about anything on lunch. :lmao: But anyway I got this in my rec category and frankly this guy in funny AF.

Also watching Cutting Edge Engineering
Kurtis runs a one man machine shop that does a lot of big cylinder hydraulic work. Also stars 9 year old English Staffordshire dog named 100% Homeless, also known as the Safety Officer and his wife Karen AKA The Giggler does all the filming, and takes care of the books! The outtakes are hilarious

no vid of it in use??
I know.

Maybe in future vid...?

It's so too bad that you might have 15, 20, 30 years at the top of your game, then it's all gone (you're dead, or too old to be useful) and the next generation has to grow up and make all the same mistakes.

I am so patient with all the old timers just for the chance to gleam a little into what they know.

I run heavy equipment all day and the YT is always on. Listening mostly and catch glimpses when warranted, and I have over 150 channels I subscribe to for various topics.

Some for learning and some for fuck all, but all are informative on some level.

A few:
Uncle Tony’s Garage
LPL.
Keith Fenner
Patriot Nurse
Bear Independent
AvE
Buttery Films
Chosen Won
Amaganset Press
David Hoffman
Deep South Homestead