What's new

the youtube thread

One I recently stumbled upon is: Engels Coach

All about rebuilding old wagons and wooden wheels, neither of which I have any particular interest in by themselves but a number of interesting techniques presented in a good way.

Engel's coach is awesome, never thought I'd be interested in wagon wheels
https://www.youtube.com/user/EngelsCoachShop

I enjoy Matt's offroad recovery, the scenery is great, the jeep is a jeep... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdVOry0oNF9WIe_3uCfz9Q

Nope. Not it.

I've been trying to find it myself now for a few days. No luck.

I've been looking for "russian" machining videos as well as checking AvE's videos for the one where he has a short clip of a piece of steel skating (or floating) accross another shitty looking heavily pitted piece of steel. The two pieces were lapped together and the steel can "float" on the other because it takes a while for ALL of the air to escape from between the two surfaces.

Bummer, but I see you found it too. Dude has shiny balls. Bruns has one a little like that, but his shit is more polished lately.

If you are into RC's this guy has a lot of cool shit.

Last edited:
Welker Farms Inc
Fast AG
Straight Pipe Acres
South Sask Farmer
Matts Offroad and Recovery
The Journey Till Now.
Twinstick garage
Zip ties n bias plys
JC Smith projects
Buckin' Billy

Keith Fenner
Lock Pick Lawyer
Buttery videos
Bear Independent
AvE
Cars and Cameras
Grateful Dead
Guitologist
Hobo shoestring
Ice Age Farmer
Jericho Greene
Amaganset Press
Rogue Nation
James Freeman

Wow, incredibly close quarters for such massive machines. Zero wasted effort, it's seems like those guys have a little experience!

Blue Collar Logic------------------It's commentary on controversial topics.
Soft White Underbelly-------------interviews with interesting people

Matt Cremona has been mentioned a few times. His bandsaw build is pretty cool. Watching a guy with not much for metalworking skills and minimal tools design, engineer, and build a giant bandsaw mill in his driveway was pretty cool.

Mike Farrington is also great if your into woodworking. For some reason I always pickup a practical tip when watching his videos and have learned more watching his videos than the wood whisper and some of those other big name ones.

Demolition Ranch
Off the Ranch
Boostedboiz
PFI Speed
Cleetus McFarland
22Plinkster
Bad Obsession
Mike Patey
Adam LZ
Taylor Ray
310 Pillot
Sailing LaVegabond
Grind Hard Plumbing Company (1000cc barbie jeeps)

Haven't seen anyone mention ostacruiser, it started as a quad mudding channel, but that's only like 1/5th of the videos. I don't know why I like watching it, the guys voice and laugh just crack me up. They also do a lot on those sherps, which are kinda cool, and they are doing fairly detailed videos of their shop home build.

Edit: of and mine exploring, I think the channel is literally just called exploring abandoned mines. The first video I saw he dropped into a vertical shaft and quickly went through over 500' of rope. Then found 6 pre 1870s or something Levi's. Before that, there was only 6 others known in the world. They said what they found was supposedly worth around $250k :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh