What's new

The revolver thread.

Well I was on Ammoseek.com the other day, for shits and giggles I looked up taurus 605s and found a place in Tx had them for under $300 so I grabbed one. I had been down on myself for not pulling the trigger last month when I found them for $349 at PSA.
um do share this place:smokin:

Sorry!

Last edited:
After 32 years I don't even have the serial number written down and I bought it from a guy going into the Navy SEALS that I worked with as a duty weapon when I was working guard. I don't even remember his name!

Good reminder to write down all your serial numbers. I finally did it one day after putting it off for years. Hand written, not on a computer. Made two copies, best friend has the other one in a different city.

Would suck to have a gun stolen out of your truck after being at the range and not even be able to report it accurately.

If you get the gun back it'll be because it got used in a crime in which case you probably won't be getting it back.

No reason to list all your guns in one place.

Picked up a Rossi .38. Yeah I know... But I got it, 100 rounds of Winchester ammo and a holster for $125. I figure its a good trading piece. Although, it shoots really well I just don't need another .38.

Rossi.jpeg

Picked up a Rossi .38. Yeah I know... But I got it, 100 rounds of Winchester ammo and a holster for $125. I figure its a good trading piece. Although, it shoots really well I just don't need another .38.

Rossi.jpeg
i'd roll with it for that price. :smokin:

Rossi.jpeg

There's not a GD thing wrong with a Rossi of that era and vintage. That gun will go bang every time.

People like to snob on them for not being a colt or Smith. Those things are damn near identical to Smith models.

Great buy for $125.

There's not a GD thing wrong with a Rossi of that era and vintage. That gun will go bang every time.

People like to snob on them for not being a colt or Smith. Those things are damn near identical to Smith models.

Great buy for $125.
Oh, I've got no problem with a Rossi. :smokin:

If I didn't already have an Ultra Lite .38 I'd keep it. Hell I still may keep it. Put a mountable holster in the SXS :grinpimp: But it is open to be traded.

Oh, I've got no problem with a Rossi. :smokin:

If I didn't already have an Ultra Lite .38 I'd keep it. Hell I still may keep it. Put a mountable holster in the SXS :grinpimp: But it is open to be traded.

ill trade you 6 barbacoa tacos and an AR-10. you'll need to kick in cash for the tacos and the AR-10 though...

I used to have a Rossi 720 in .44 Special. It was a good five shot 3"-barrel carry gun. About the same size as a S&W Model 19. Felt like a S&W, shot like one, looked like one, trigger wasn't as smooth but close. One of the many guns I regret selling / trading.

Rossi.jpeg
My Dad owned the exact same gun. Shot one cylinder full and handed the fawking thing back to him. That tiny POS hurt/stung my hands to shoot almost as much as a PPK in .380. Ain't getting much range time with that... :laughing:

My Dad owned the exact same gun. Shot one cylinder full and handed the fawking thing back to him. That tiny POS hurt/stung my hands to shoot almost as much as a PPK in .380. Ain't getting much range time with that... :laughing:
:laughing: I've got a PPK also and I love it. Maybe the issue isn't with the guns....:flipoff2:

IMG_20230327_152318239.jpg
IMG_20230327_152301477.jpg
IMG_20230327_152246443.jpg

Just got this Taurus 608. 8 shot .357 4 inch ported barrel. Feels nice in the hand. Heavy bitch lol but new carry piece. Had to get a new belt. found an awesome one on Amazon. EDC gun belt with 1/4 inch adjustments. Makes carrying feel not too bad at all.

The trigger is not too bad at all. Double action feels like 8-9 pounds and single feels like 2-3. I'm ok with a little stiffer for carry. It feels a shitload better than 642 Air weight Smith I got rid of a while back.

Price was good. MSRP is like $850. Got it NIB for $649 off of Gunbroker of all places. It does pay look a little lol. The Smith 627 8 Shot .357 goes for $1400. Overall happy with the purchase and Taurus Revolvers have a decent rep.

Just got this Taurus 608. 8 shot .357 4 inch ported barrel. Feels nice in the hand. Heavy bitch lol but new carry piece. Had to get a new belt. found an awesome one on Amazon. EDC gun belt with 1/4 inch adjustments. Makes carrying feel not too bad at all.

The trigger is not too bad at all. Double action feels like 8-9 pounds and single feels like 2-3. I'm ok with a little stiffer for carry. It feels a shitload better than 642 Air weight Smith I got rid of a while back.

Price was good. MSRP is like $850. Got it NIB for $649 off of Gunbroker of all places. It does pay look a little lol. The Smith 627 8 Shot .357 goes for $1400. Overall happy with the purchase and Taurus Revolvers have a decent rep.
How nicely would it conceal on a smaller guy? That's right in the physical size/caliber I'm looking to pick up.

How nicely would it conceal on a smaller guy? That's right in the physical size/caliber I'm looking to pick up.
I knew you gave off little-man-syndrome vibes :flipoff2:

I would say it really depends on the holster. Regular revolver holsters put the cylinder right behind your belt. One of those high rise holsters would keep it above that but the handle would be more likely to print.

The weight and over all size is comparable to a 1911. Grip thinner than a double stack. I carry OWB and with a lose shirt it's not too bad on me. 5'11 215.

Hey Arse, took some pics when I got home. Exposed so you can see the holster and position, front, back and side. You want them posted, DM'd or go fuck myself :lmao:

Well I guess there could a could be more than one answer :laughing:

Hey Arse, took some pics when I got home. Exposed so you can see the holster and position, front, back and side. You want them posted, DM'd or go fuck myself :lmao:

Well I guess there could a could be more than one answer :laughing:
Depends, you gonna fuck yourself with the revolver? :flipoff2:

DM'd or posted, whatever you're comfortable with.

Top Back Refresh