What's new

The 3D printer thread

Got it done. :homer:

IMG_2488.jpeg

IMG_2487.jpeg

IMG_2486.jpeg

I got my Ender 5 plus a year before those bambu came out. I regret not getting the Bambu I think.

I do love the giant bed I've got and do print things larger than the Bambu can

More dumb shit.

Printed a Bender head to go on my Kobra 2 Max. :homer:

It's all dry fit right now. I'm going to run a print or two with it on and see if it affects cooling. If there are no issues I'll prep and paint it.

1700349288239.png

1700349219221.png

Didnt bGaidan have a thread on a printed Glock frame ?

Just bought Bambu P1P on the black friday sale. Kinda kicking myself for not stepping up to the P1S.. Guess I'll figure out how to use it then figure out if i need the upgrade kit...

Shit I got drawn up for the loud crowd. Found a file on Thingiverse and got to work in Fusion reworking it.
These would anger the SQ gods, but will likely be perfect for the old school guys and the loud crowd that want their stuff loud and unobtrusive.

Goes under the dash, looks like a HVAC vent, but disperses sound.

Uses a 1" compression driver.

Will get some time testing/listening with some PRV D290Py-Bs.

Printed on the X1C in ABS
1700574773565.png

1700574852217.png

1700574860985.png

1700574870634.png

do you think the layer lines adversely affect the audio?

Nope.

Last edited:
Anybody regularly print with TPU? Got a project in mind and haven't touched my printer in many months....pretty sure it's about tapped out any way. Might be looking to outsource a little job.

Anybody regularly print with TPU? Got a project in mind and haven't touched my printer in many months....pretty sure it's about tapped out any way. Might be looking to outsource a little job.
I have in the past.
it's kind of PITA. I wouldn't try it with a bowden tube setup. Only ever got it to work with a direct drive extruder. You'll have to figure out some wild retraction settings on some test prints because it drips like mad.
Don't print it on a PEI bed, or it's stuck forever. I have permanent marks in mine from TPU printing tires.

I have difficulty managing a happy/excited face.
For years I couldn't stop the brow furrowing, it was off putting to people and my wife even suggested Botox. I'm not sure when but, I stopped caring so much and it went away:laughing:

it’s been a while but I printed plenty with it. I find it PETG tends to clog the nozzles, then TPU isnt happy. I just swtich to new nozzle for TPU.

IMO, a dedicated TPU printer would be nice.

it’s been a while but I printed plenty with it. I find it PETG tends to clog the nozzles, then TPU isnt happy. I just swtich to new nozzle for TPU.

IMO, a dedicated TPU printer would be nice.

I had a guy ask me to make a tool for the new Neutrik connectors. Neutrik is charging an arm and a leg for their proprietary tool.

Changed to a .6 nozzle and made it from PET-CF.

Made the orange body of this guy from transparent orange PETG. Used a .4 nozzle.

IMG_2641.jpeg

I haven’t fucked with TPU yet, but I’m already debating another printer for the CF reinforced parts. I will likely get the Bambu X1E for stuff like that.

Wish that damned thing was bigger, though.

Noob question - has anybody done any topo map printing, or know of websites, etc. with information on that? I would like to print a couple of different prints, not sure how they look when completed, etc.

Here is one model I put together which shows basically all of Park County, Colorado. Bambu says 132mmx 180mm x 27mm, and would take ~6.5 hours to print (assuming I install the AMS for colors, otherwise, probably longer to do 12 manual filament changes???)

1701361846874.png

I've printed some landscape bits for modeling.
Hit up the modern train section of the hobby store for all your topo map color and texture needs.

i keep going back to land nav courses in the navy (yes navy seabees work on land) and how awesome that would have been to see in 3d....

I printed a topo of the mountain behind me I think I used something like Create 3d printable STL models from any place on Earth - map2stl.com or one of the other online generators to do it.

I thought it was cool, wife and kids were a bit more skeptical :homer:
I looked at map2stl.com, but the lxw dimensions of the box are fixed. I found touch terrain (TouchTerrain: Easily Create 3D-Printable Terrain Models (version 3.6)) , which lets you set a custom sized box for the STL creation.

The ability to generate the 3D models is pretty fascinating!

Top Back Refresh