What's new

SV Seeker is on the move

I thought he was using it as a V drive but that isn't what the picture shows. As SGFO says he is always trying to reinvent the wheel

I believe it is to use low range on the case to make up for the poor gearing in his transmission to achieve the output shaft rpm that he wants while at a fuel efficient RPM for his motor.

Aaron Z
That and trying to get prop speed up (variable pitch prop) to eliminate some weird harmonics he was having with the prop shaft at 1:1 speed.

Yeah the correct marine trans has a 7.x:1 ratio but since he didn't want to spend the $ on one he used a Allison MT545 trans with torque converter eliminator.

The 545 has a 3.x:1 first so the 205 gets the extra 2:1 so the engine rpm is up and prop speed is down since it has a variable pitch prop he doesn't need more speed.

I still think he should have used a random aluminum planetary case drive. Cut the side off. Drill and tap for inspection cover. Rotate it so the shifter is up and you have no leak points other than the shaft seals and case seams. Ratio would have been better that way too.

without watching this in particular, but seeing the build
the purpose is to reinvent the wheel for some reason on everything
Once you get outside your stupid "time is money, gotta pull out all the stops so muh guys can get working" way of thinking the way he does things make far more sense.

He's basically trying to get full labor utilization without going over budget any given month which is why he engages in DIY projects that the people who solve all their problems with a credit card consider below them.

I still think he should have used a random aluminum planetary case drive. Cut the side off. Drill and tap for inspection cover. Rotate it so the shifter is up and you have no leak points other than the shaft seals and case seams. Ratio would have been better that way too
I heard (probably on here) that he wanted a NP205 because he can get parts anywhere in the world vs a random part that he may or may not be able to find a dealer or parts for in whatever port is closest to where it breaks.

Aaron Z

I heard (probably on here) that he wanted a NP205 because he can get parts anywhere in the world vs a random part that he may or may not be able to find a dealer or parts for in whatever port is closest to where it breaks.

Aaron Z

Honestly it's probably easier to source 0-20yo Ford and GM parts in some random port in Cambodia than it is to source 30-50yo domestic truck parts.

If that's your goal the NP242 would probably be your best bet by a mile. Errybody got Humvees.

Aaron Z
It can also be twin sticked so he can use the front shaft to run another accessory independent of the prop.. Think he said he is probably going to put the scuba pump on it and eliminate the 9 hp small engine that runs it.

Aaron Z
They also kept the straight shaft so if the 205 does catastrophically fail, they can just drop the old driveshaft back in and run straight off the trans.

Every time i see this at the top, i hope the inevitable karma has happened. Still waiting.

Why would you hope someone would fail? He's spent the last 13+ years making people like you look like the miserable idiots.

It can also be twin sticked so he can use the front shaft to run another accessory independent of the prop.. Think he said he is probably going to put the scuba pump on it and eliminate the 9 hp small engine that runs it.
SV Seeker doing front digs!

Why would you hope someone would fail? He's spent the last 13+ years making people like you look like the miserable idiots.
The explosion. Pretty sure the last 13 years of my life have been fucking epic, but what do you know? friend.

The explosion. Pretty sure the last 13 years of my life have been fucking epic, but what do you know? friend.
I'm not your friend, pal.

You sound like a whiney gash that got butthurt over a dumb prank. You were the exact target of said prank it it appeared to work perfectly.

We get it. Your jealous of others ability to have ambition and accomplish shit
Sounds more like this.

I'm not your friend, pal.

You sound like a whiney gash that got butthurt over a dumb prank. You were the exact target of said prank it it appeared to work perfectly.

Sounds more like this.
I’m into earning respect. They lost all of it when they pulled that prank, and took a huge withdrawal from their karma account. So get really pissed when it sinks. I’ll be laughing cause they earned it. Count on that.

I’m into earning respect. They lost all of it when they pulled that prank, and took a huge withdrawal from their karma account. So get really pissed when it sinks. I’ll be laughing cause they earned it. Count on that.
:crybaby:

1683057261474.jpeg
1683057328030.jpeg

How much would a used marine transmission be compared to putting together what he has?

How much would a used marine transmission be compared to putting together what he has?
Still more expensive. With the exception of small stern drive stuff that they make by the hundreds of thousands and uses mostly automotive parts where possible boat shit is ungodly expensive for what it is.

Ourboard parts, $$$, inboard specific driveline shit, $$$, commercial boat sized shit, $$$$$$$$$$

I'd be real surprised if you can get a core of a transmission suitable for Seeker for the grand and a half he's into all the ancillary bullshit needed to make the AT545 work.

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching their tech video on the divorced case setup.

Pretty clear that what they were tiptoeing around was "our commenters are 90% keyboard warriors who have never encountered the realities of actually sourcing parts and building shit in the present day" :laughing:

Finally got around to watching their tech video on the divorced case setup.

Pretty clear that what they were tiptoeing around was "our commenters are 90% keyboard warriors who have never encountered the realities of actually sourcing parts and building shit in the present day" :laughing:

He's been getting far less tolerant to the keyboard experts (like bunk) who are constantly wrong but too proud to admit it.

Some gems from FB recently:

1686059892484.png

1686059923989.png

1686059993876.png

1686059853927.png

Top Back Refresh