What's new

SV Seeker is on the move

20230313_175330.jpg
What’s the news? All clear and it’s about to head to sea?

Hadn't heard anything in a long time I figured it was already out on the ocean
He's still putting out videos at anchor over here, lots of sail fine tuning and engine to prop final drive ratio is way off.

He's on the hunt for a transfer case to put between the hundersted and the mt545.

I just thought about this thing last night
.....wondering if her killed himself with it yet :laughing:

He's still putting out videos at anchor over here, lots of sail fine tuning and engine to prop final drive ratio is way off.

He's on the hunt for a transfer case to put between the hundersted and the mt545.
I've been watching his videos. It's going about how I expected it to go. IDK why some people expected it to just work right out of the box. Even he expected to test and tune it.

I think it turned out really well for the number of variables and the amount of napkin math involved.

There is a possibility, last video is about putting a diesel heater in the pilot house.:mad3:
What's wrong with that? All I've seen is raving reviews on those things.

I've been watching his videos. It's going about how I expected it to go. IDK why some people expected it to just work right out of the box. Even he expected to test and tune it.

I think it turned out really well for the number of variables and the amount of napkin math involved.

If you read the reddit threads around launch time, it was going to immediately flip over and sink as soon as it touched the water. :laughing:

What's wrong with that? All I've seen is raving reviews on those things.

If you read the reddit threads around launch time, it was going to immediately flip over and sink as soon as it touched the water. :laughing:
Nothing at all just figured he could end up on fire at some point, burning emoji seemed fitting 🤠

There is a possibility, last video is about putting a diesel heater in the pilot house.:mad3:
I don't think anyone is sleeping up there though if I remember right, unless things have changed, been a while since I have looked to see what is going on

I don't think anyone is sleeping up there though if I remember right, unless things have changed, been a while since I have looked to see what is going on
He put one in the pilot house, and another one in the pilot house but ducted to the rear bunk.

He's gonna put another one on the front bunk.
He mounted the pilot house one on its side, not sure that's a good idea?

He put one in the pilot house, and another one in the pilot house but ducted to the rear bunk.

ya, he is going to kill himself :grinpimp:

I have one of the China ones going in a boat, I'll let you know if I die this summer. They are really popular and I figured worth the $150 for a boat I plan on selling in a year.

I have one of the China ones going in a boat, I'll let you know if I die this summer. They are really popular and I figured worth the $150 for a boat I plan on selling in a year.
I was thinking about putting one in my RV, just to save on propane and DC power when dry camping.

I was thinking about putting one in my RV, just to save on propane and DC power when dry camping.
I put one in my enclosed trailer and it is by far the best heat source I have tried yet. I tried electric strips in the AC unit, small electric space heater, and propane space heater. At less than one gal per night of diesel on 34deg ish nights in a non insulated trailer it works great. The propance was also good heat but at way more fuel cost, and this is a built in option.

I put one in my enclosed trailer and it is by far the best heat source I have tried yet. I tried electric strips in the AC unit, small electric space heater, and propane space heater. At less than one gal per night of diesel on 34deg ish nights in a non insulated trailer it works great. The propance was also good heat but at way more fuel cost, and this is a built in option.
Yeah exactly, the energy density of the diesel makes it really attractive, also not having the huge power drain of the rV furnace would be a plus.

I walked back out the end of the dock today to try and get a better pic and found he wasn't there anymore?

He posted on FB today he was machining rudder parts for someone else's boat, so maybe he moved over there for the day?

I walked back out the end of the dock today to try and get a better pic and found he wasn't there anymore?

He posted on FB today he was machining rudder parts for someone else's boat, so maybe he moved over there for the day?
I read that as
Doug is got his big grinding wheel on the grinder

On closer inspection I wonder if that is a shear pin type of deal? Something in a rudder. Lots of sharp grooves.

Looks like he is putting a divorced NP200 between the pitch controller and the MT545.

Last edited:
Update, the NP200 was trash (rusted bearings) NP205 has entered the chat.

Not to toot horns but several of us called all this fucking around. The MT 545 doesn't have low enough gears in 1st to get the right engine RPM range. The converter in a MT545 is sloppy all it did was heat the fuck out of the oil. Now that he finally got a converter eliminator engine RPMS are too low.
I actually think this will help.

Not to toot horns but several of us called all this fucking around. The MT 545 doesn't have low enough gears in 1st to get the right engine RPM range. The converter in a MT545 is sloppy all it did was heat the fuck out of the oil. Now that he finally got a converter eliminator engine RPMS are too low.
I actually think this will help.
But he is too damn smart to listen to anyone but the voices in his head

He didn't pop it open before installing it?

half of the views are people watching to see him run into another problem that they predicted when he was building that part (which is probably one reason why he did it that way)
FTFY :grinpimp:

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh