What's new

SV Seeker is on the move

But he is too damn smart to listen to anyone but the voices in his head
All the Reddit types shit on him for this but his "we'll try it and see if it works and fix it if it doesn't" attitude is still coming out way, way ahead of where he would be if he listened to all the keyboard warriors that told him to drop $20k on a marine transmission.

With how much he loves welding aluminum I'm surprised he didn't just buy a random aluminum case for $100, hack and weld as necessary and then send it out to someone he knows for a little touch up machining.

Why not put a Brownie (or similar) under drive box in it? (I suppose a cut down tease is more or less the same thing).
Or replace the transmission with a similar one with deep enough gears to not need it.

Aaron Z

Why not put a Brownie (or similar) under drive box in it? (I suppose a cut down tease is more or less the same thing).
Or replace the transmission with a similar one with deep enough gears to not need it.

Aaron Z
Yeah the cut down or possibly twin sticked 205 has some cool potential to drive the scuba compressor.
A modern trans would have perfect with a lockup converter and lower 1st gear but would open up new more expensive problems with electronics etc.
He IS getting it done though, I feel like it could be any one of you guys we are arguing with.

Theress a member building a bus, a shed/house and a scubaru that isn't near as efficent:flipoff2:

All the Reddit types shit on him for this but his "we'll try it and see if it works and fix it if it doesn't" attitude is still coming out way, way ahead of where he would be if he listened to all the keyboard warriors that told him to drop $20k on a marine transmission.

The Reddit experts were also positive that it would capsize as soon as it hit the water. They've been much quieter over the last year.

I'm not going back to look, but didn't someone in this thread guarantee that it would sink within the first few months?

I'm not going back to look, but didn't someone in this thread guarantee that it would sink within the first few months?
Panz said within the first year due to operator error, that's all I could find for predictions.
I got the square that boat don’t make it a year before sinking do to operator error. I hope I’m wrong but the people he hangs around with pushes me to this conclusion.

Aaron Z

He should hire a captain for the first year.
He has several season captains that have been aboard at the various times he's moved it. Also helping him learn to sail it.

Saw this on FB a few minutes ago. :laughing:

Az121JUas27hDzEcCozPUpCA=w425-h920-s-no?authuser=0.png

What the fuck is he rambling on about?

He has always encouraged people to "go out and make something" and posted pictures of those things at the end of his videos. And people post things on his facebook group too. Apparently someone posted that pic of alternating height box steps the led up to a loft and the facebook safety warriors lost their minds. 🤷

The Reddit experts were also positive that it would capsize as soon as it hit the water. They've been much quieter over the last year.

Can we really start the clock on it sinking before it gets to actual open water? IMO no. Open water, sails up. Whole new level of might die.

Can we really start the clock on it sinking before it gets to actual open water? IMO no. Open water, sails up. Whole new level of might die.
The gulf gets spicy enough during hurricane season that I don't think the distinction matters. Sea state is sea state regardless of how big the body of water is.

I'm interested to see how it turns out.

That thing looks like one of those ghost fishing boats that wash up in Hawaii after floating around in the Pacific for 50 years full of North Korean bones.

I dont know anything about this project but at a glance, with welds like this
0A8EEF67-FD72-47AB-8174-1DA39E14AFB1.jpeg
96360C58-4325-4B25-BF7B-60CC9AD0C6A2.jpeg

My money is on it sinking sooner then later.

I agree, however I am curious about sealed bulkheads and ballasted keel.

If you think those welds are bad you should see some professionally made steel boards. And if you think the construction is bad you should see the repairs. :lmao:

Also if it lasts 50yr it'll outlast him. :flipoff2:

That thing looks like one of those ghost fishing boats that wash up in Hawaii after floating around in the Pacific for 50 years full of North Korean bones.

I dont know anything about this project but at a glance, with welds like this
0A8EEF67-FD72-47AB-8174-1DA39E14AFB1.jpeg
96360C58-4325-4B25-BF7B-60CC9AD0C6A2.jpeg

My money is on it sinking sooner then later.
I just noticed those aren't Dougs/Seekers welds but a member of the FB group.

He has several season captains that have been aboard at the various times he's moved it. Also helping him learn to sail it.

Saw this on FB a few minutes ago. :laughing:

Az121JUas27hDzEcCozPUpCA=w425-h920-s-no?authuser=0.png
He said the same shit when he pulled the fake explosion and he might be dying in the hospital from head trauma, up untill that time I was making plans to go help with the electrical work. But after that BS I told him Up yours

He said the same shit when he pulled the fake explosion and he might be dying in the hospital from head trauma, up untill that time I was making plans to go help with the electrical work. But after that BS I told him Up yours
I get that but I also understand the effect of having all these do nothing pussies constantly telling you are doing it wrong.
Look how shit goes on this board.

Awww.... :crybaby:

I thought the stunt was dumb but I know fuck all about his user base since I'm not in the FB groups or shit like that.

Got the 205 in it. Seems decent, the sight glass looks like it will crack at the base or nipple and dump all the oil mid sail...

_nc_ohc=oEMUBxg31OkAX-4-9md&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

Top Back Refresh