What's new

SV Seeker is on the move

He's been getting far less tolerant to the keyboard experts (like bunk)
I’ll happily be a karma expert. It’s gonna kick his ass. I know jack diddly about boats, but I am interested in bass boats.

He's proven to be a fairly conservative captain. Unless he just gets fucked by bad luck I think the worst that's gonna happen to him is some inconvenient system failure that results in the fix costing more money than "doing it right" would have. Or maybe someone will lost a hand or foot because there's always the risk of that when fucking around with heavy objects and lines under tension. I think a lot of people don't appreciate how hacked together shit is on boats. :laughing:

He's proven to be a fairly conservative captain. Unless he just gets fucked by bad luck I think the worst that's gonna happen to him is some inconvenient system failure that results in the fix costing more money than "doing it right" would have. Or maybe someone will lost a hand or foot because there's always the risk of that when fucking around with heavy objects and lines under tension. I think a lot of people don't appreciate how hacked together shit is on boats. :laughing:
For some reason I seem to watch a lot of boat channels on you tube, maybe it is the same reason so many desert dweller kids join the Navy. Anyway watching someone rebuild an ocean sailing ship shows how sketchy things can be

He's one half bad storm and a broken rudder away from being on the bottom. It's not a matter of if, it's when.

He's one half bad storm and a broken rudder away from being on the bottom. It's not a matter of if, it's when.
So is literally every other boat. :laughing:

He went way, way overboard on that rudder vs the size of the vessel. I think the integrity of his hatches and pilot house will be a problem first.

I’ll happily be a karma expert. It’s gonna kick his ass. I know jack diddly about boats, but I am interested in bass boats.
I can't imagine being so miserable in my life I need to root for the failure of someone for doing something with their life and criticizing it when I don't even know what I'm talking about. Don't worry though I'm sure when he needs the expertise of a pill popping addict he'll call you. :flipoff2:

Feelers? Like still being butthurt over a simple prank that took place 5 years ago?
It wasn't only the prank but that he was able to convince a real doctor to play a long, in a seperate video the Dr told about all the head trama he had suffered and he wasn't sure if he would be able to ever work on the boat again. This was when my PB trained sense went wait a minute he and the boat had been in several personal interest news stories on local TV so I went searching for accident reports and local news stories when I didn't find any I posted my suspisions, by that time several others had come to the same conclusion. When he was called on it he made some comment that he wanted to find out who were his true believers, huh I had been watching the asshole from the first day the steel had been dropped off, So fuck him :flipoff:Any problms he has is karma coming back to bite him in the ass

It wasn't only the prank but that he was able to convince a real doctor to play a long, in a seperate video the Dr told about all the head trama he had suffered and he wasn't sure if he would be able to ever work on the boat again. This was when my PB trained sense went wait a minute he and the boat had been in several personal interest news stories on local TV so I went searching for accident reports and local news stories when I didn't find any I posted my suspisions, by that time several others had come to the same conclusion. When he was called on it he made some comment that he wanted to find out who were his true believers, huh I had been watching the asshole from the first day the steel had been dropped off, So fuck him :flipoff:Any problms he has is karma coming back to bite him in the ass
Basically all of that^ except I didn't give much of a shit about him beforehand so there's no feels behind my "fuck that guy" stance.

earn respect. I had respect for him til that stunt.

It says alot about yourself to give him a pass on that stunt.

dude spends 50% of his videos preaching about personal responsibility and making your own choices in regard to safety equipment

gets 'blowed up' and lots of peoples instinct is communism

He has earned my respect with the size and scope of the project he has managed. Whether he shares my sense of humor is irrelevant.

Watching him go against all odds and do shit he has no business doing as professional IT guy is 1000% more interesting than the drivel most of us post here...
Change my mind. :flipoff2:

dude spends 50% of his videos preaching about personal responsibility and making your own choices in regard to safety equipment

gets 'blowed up' and lots of peoples instinct is communism
I never thought that anyone should tell him what he can or can't do.

but I did believe that faking a serious accident as a litmus test for your fans loyalty was super shitty.
and I haven't clicked on a video since.

but I did believe that faking a serious accident as a litmus test for your fans loyalty was super shitty.
and I haven't clicked on a video since.
Oh here and I thought it was to purge the ones that were too involved
the sorts who preach and preach and preach but don't ever 'do'

Oh here and I thought it was to purge the ones that were too involved
the sorts who preach and preach and preach but don't ever 'do'
well I guess I wasn't involved enough to even understand the reasoning.

I try to distance myself from the dumb and the drama, and that shit was both.

Or you could truly not care. I'd never heard of the guy or project until some of y'all started whining about his stunt on the old board.

Indirectly, his prank is what got me watching. I don't watch them all, I've skipped or scrubbed through all the sail rigging videos as they don't interest me at all.

We had planned on going to see the boat as it came through Little Rock, but our schedules didn't let that happen.

I really don't know why I'm responding, but some of y'all are going to put yourselves into an early grave if your real life indignation is as acute as you portray it here.

Or you could truly not care. I'd never heard of the guy or project until some of y'all started whining about his stunt on the old board.

Indirectly, his prank is what got me watching. I don't watch them all, I've skipped or scrubbed through all the sail rigging videos as they don't interest me at all.

We had planned on going to see the boat as it came through Little Rock, but our schedules didn't let that happen.

I really don't know why I'm responding, but some of y'all are going to put yourselves into an early grave if your real life indignation is as acute as you portray it here.
it took very little effort for me to click on "don't recommend me this channel anymore" in the youtube.
It's not giving me an ulcer or anything. This thread is the first I've even thought about it since it happened and I told youtube not to show me dude's shit.

I feel like faking a serious accident and head injury was a pretty shitty thing to do, and I try not to support shitty people or companies. I wish no ill will towards the guy, I don't hope he dies in a fire or anything, I just choose not to give him a view.
If that's what you call acute indignation I think you need to readjust your indignation scale.

I feel like faking a serious accident and head injury was a pretty shitty thing to do, and I try not to support shitty people or companies. I wish no ill will towards the guy, I don't hope he dies in a fire or anything, I just choose not to give him a view.
If that's what you call acute indignation I think you need to readjust your indignation scale.
All of that^. I don't judge folks enamored with the guy, don't judge those of us who think he's a POS.

Reactions: DMG

He's achieved something that most people couldn't dream of pulling off. I have far more respect for that than for someone who's butthurt over a prank.

I try to distance myself from the dumb and the drama

And yet you hang out here. :flipoff2:

He's achieved something that most people couldn't dream of pulling off. I have far more respect for that than for someone who's butthurt over a prank.

And yet you hang out here. :flipoff2:
yeah, and there's an ignore list.
just like youtube
:flipoff2:

welding 205 solid to frame is solution to eliminating wiggle when short drive shaft front of the case is welded crooked an is wobbling like hell :laughing:

welding 205 solid to frame is solution to eliminating wiggle when short drive shaft front of the case is welded crooked an is wobbling like hell :laughing:
This welding idea is DUMB.
I really don't know why the didn't just connect the case to the trans with a splined coupler.
The implementation of the TC just went wrong, good idea and needed but bad execution so far.

This welding idea is DUMB.
I really don't know why the didn't just connect the case to the trans with a splined coupler.
The implementation of the TC just went wrong, good idea and needed but bad execution so far.

"Hurr durr it'll work just like a motor mid plate" or some shit like that.

Not surprising to see the outcomes when a boat guy is getting advice from a bunch of half-ass car guys who don't really know the theory and limitations behind why they do the shit they do.

If he had just build adjustable mounts and dialed the fucker in like a normal inboard prop shaft coupling he'd be done by now.

"Hurr durr it'll work just like a motor mid plate" or some shit like that.

Not surprising to see the outcomes when a boat guy is getting advice from a bunch of half-ass car guys who don't really know the theory and limitations behind why they do the shit they do.

If he had just build adjustable mounts and dialed the fucker in like a normal inboard prop shaft coupling he'd be done by now.
I really have no idea what is wrong with it, but it has some serious "wobble" too it when the bolts are loose.
He mistakenly thinks the wobble is from loose bolts and not the other way around...

I really have no idea what is wrong with it, but it has some serious "wobble" too it when the bolts are loose.
He mistakenly thinks the wobble is from loose bolts and not the other way around...
commented in his last video about obvious issue of shaft between 205 and allison. he friendly told me to get lost.

The guy is winning I guess, i figured that thing would of sunk by now.

Top Back Refresh