What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Production boys forgot to pick up after themselves. Apparently lithium batteries don't like being buried in 250+°f material

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_092111.jpg
    IMG_20210526_092111.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
Coworker got into it with a customer. The argument? $15+$15 is $30. Customer swore up and down it was $20. :laughing:

New math?
Not sure. The customer was quite a bit older.

It took counting the six items, $5 at a time, to reach $30, then the customer shook her head, gave up, oh whatever.

Not sure. The customer was quite a bit older.

It took counting the six items, $5 at a time, to reach $30, then the customer shook her head, gave up, oh whatever.
It's amazing how some people get so stuck on believing they're right, that they can't fathom anything to the contrary.

I try to keep things like that in the back of my head for when I'm 100% sure about something myself :clown:

Should have got a Milwaukee instead
Our maintenance guys will happily abuse those. This drill spent all winter on a roof after they forgot the last bucket of tools when they finished. Surprisingly it still kind of worked and Milwaukee did warranty it.

I don't have any pictures of it but I still remember watching a rig tool pusher come flying out of the dog house, run down the stairs, and chucking what looked like a Roman candle outside the containment. Turned out to be a 18v Milwaukee grease gun that the batteries decided to melt down on.

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_110623.jpg
    IMG_20210412_110623.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
Our maintenance guys will happily abuse those. This drill spent all winter on a roof after they forgot the last bucket of tools when they finished. Surprisingly it still kind of worked and Milwaukee did warranty it.
here and I leave my stupid cordless sawzall in the rain one f'ing day and the fucking blade chuck gets stuck now

gonna have to tear into it and install some grease where they obviously didn't

So, any Sherlocks wanna take a crack at what happened here?

For reference, it's on a piece of paper, and it's about 5 cms accross.

WIN_20210528_12_09_39_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210528_12_09_53_Pro.jpg

Do I see an electrical split-bolt in the blob? :laughing:
Winner!

Underground ventilation fan, 150 hp.

3/0 teck cable feeding it. Whoever did the connection didn't use two wrenches and "tighten it until you think it might be stripped!"

They probably used one wrench and relied on the wire to hold the bolt from rotating.

Termination boots were used with the wires entering from above, so when the last 2 inches of wires turned melty, the whole mess dripped into the bottom of the boot like a mold. Boots pictured below, just a hollow rubber tube that's closed at one end, used to insulate without the need for a shitload of rubber electrical tape.
22A947_AW01.jpg
MSC2thumb.jpg

For those of you who don't know, the "split bolt" is an electrical device used to bolt two or more wires together. If you don't have a good tight connection then you make heat. Stick welding is literally a poor electrical connection making heat.

The split bolt or Kearny shown above is NOT for copper to aluminum, That's a copper to copper Kearny.

One small example.

Project manager on the left, his stepson (truck driver) on the right. Me on the excavator trying to sort shit out.

322039_259268727456859_1151798106_o.jpg

Put some cribbing at the fork heal. thats the most Ive seen a fork bent. 30yrs in the industry.

That's the most fucked forks I've seen!
Haha yeah I bent the bastard pretty good. My new to me forklift has shitty forks. Stole my trusted set off the yota. Didn’t realize how much beefier they are.

I put a 4” bend in that guy.

Haha yeah I bent the bastard pretty good. My new to me forklift has shitty forks. Stole my trusted set off the yota. Didn’t realize how much beefier they are.

I put a 4” bend in that guy.

Lol every is worried about the fork not my shitty 1500 that’s riding on the bump stops

Top Back Refresh