What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

A Haitian guy comes into our shop for break some days, he’s a decent guy, tried to stab me in the face with a screwdriver one day but no hard feelings.

Anyway, he brought in some kind of fish head soup and it stunk like hell and we debated throwing the microwave out.

Someone put up a sign for him…

E0CFEA2E-056E-457A-9057-914DF878FF9B.jpeg

A Haitian guy comes into our shop for break some days, he’s a decent guy, tried to stab me in the face with a screwdriver one day but no hard feelings.

Anyway, he brought in some kind of fish head soup and it stunk like hell and we debated throwing the microwave out.

Someone put up a sign for him…

E0CFEA2E-056E-457A-9057-914DF878FF9B.jpeg
At least you still have a toaster! They called ours a fire hazard and stole it...

At least you still have a toaster! They called ours a fire hazard and stole it...
They took ours too.

Then some jackass put fish sticks in a 1200* heat treat oven and set that on fire.

Since we need that and it was a $400 repair that cost us a shitload of downtime they kinda just look the other way anymore.

Browning up the fat on a steak with a cutting torch is still verboten, attracts too much attention with the smell and smoke.

We used to have a guy that brought a pan full of bbq sauce and hot links to work everyday He would cook them on a press and sell them with a bun for $1. It was great until they made him stop. He did it for years.

We used to have a guy that brought a pan full of bbq sauce and hot links to work everyday He would cook them on a press and sell them with a bun for $1. It was great until they made him stop. He did it for years.
Yeah, we have had guys that did that, made good money too.

An oldtimer snuck a small apartment fridge in and had it hidden in the boiler room.

.50c candy, chips and soda, dirty magazines.

Anymore its just guys with overloaded backpacks.

In high school I stocked my locker with Pepsi. Sold them for $1 a can. I made BANK. :laughing: I sold two or three cases a week. :grinpimp:

We have people put a slice of pizza in a regular toaster. Did not even have the common sense to lay it on its side.

Flygt pump went through the orepass.

Luckily it got picked before the crusher, unlike that 12 inch rock bit.

WIN_20210605_10_36_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210605_10_36_26_Pro.jpg

We have people put a slice of pizza in a regular toaster. Did not even have the common sense to lay it on its side.
We had a commercial bagel toaster in the cafeteria, it was like two sprung vertical wire tank treads, you put your bagel/bread in the top and the treads would slowly take it past the elements and it would drop out onto an angled tray on the bottom.

Dozens of people (we have 1300 people across 3 shifts) could toast their breadstuffs at the same time.

The problem was it would catch fire a couple times a month when some mouthbreather would butter their shit before putting it in.:homer:

It would usually catch fire right near the bottom and incenerate everyone's food above it.

4-5 flaming bagels slowly being birthed by a machine is a real sight to see and would smoke out the whole room.

When your mechanical seal fails and it starts dripping at the drain, don't ignore it and then think it fixed itself when it stops dripping. Its just filling the motor so that has to be replaced as well.
20210607_123722.jpg

Not so much something I saw but something I heard.

One of our welders sits in the break room for 30 minutes or so before work every day and eats his gas station breakfast pizza while listening to AM talk radio. The radio is pretty old and all analog, think 80's boom box. Today I walk in as he is turning it on and only static come on. Then I hear him say, "Ugh, somebody left the Wifi on again".

Old timer using a cane, trying to open the door leading outside. People sitting and watching him struggle. I just happened to be walking by. Opened both doors for him.

come on people.

I've got operators, they range on the spectrum, but I think I can relate.
Happened again this morning. Asked the captain who the culprit was today or yesterday. He didn’t know(there’s 3 wastes of oxygen on every boat). He shook his head and said “if stupidity was a snowflake, it would be a blizzard around here”

14 story building. 12 units on the first 4 floors, 8 on 5-12, 7 on 13 and 14. Every interior door hinge gain is cut too deep, the supplier sent slightly oversized screws that don't sit flat on the hinge plates, and the steel knockdown frames' hinge gains are deeper at the nose than the heel. EVERY SINGLE DOOR is hinge bound. Every one. The sub who installs them isn't responsible per his contract to "tune" the doors. So while they do close, they spring open to 3-4" from the jamb if not fully latched.

14 floors worth of electrical closets are double 24.5" custom steel doors, with closers and coordinators that are both required for occupancy, but foul each other.

And we had 3 crackheads sleeping against the front door this morning. God I love working in town.

Our tire man just walked in shaking his head. His tire truck has a severe transmission leak ,large semi with knuckle boom and 10 spd Spicer.Truck is big enough to service 250ton haul truck tires. Says the maintenance manager just asked 'if he could put a bucket under it and when he goes to move dump the oil back in the tranny'.

Top Back Refresh