What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

HPIM0141.JPG
HPIM0140.JPG
I'm pretty sure that didn't work for them. Creative though. :laughing:

Lol it is the shop loader. That’s the stupid part. It sucks at just about everything but it has the quick coupler.

I have 10 loaders and it’s still it enough.
Seems like a good excuse to hit up the auction for a dedicated shop loader :laughing:

I don't into well pump. My hole in the ground is precisely 34 feet deep.
Single pipe jet pumps when correctly installed can only draw water from 28' at sea level.
A two pipe jet pump can draw water from deer levels by moving the jet body down the well.

A handy man bought this pump and shallow well adapter (the piece with the 1¼ pipe and union going into it) from us and installed it for his customer. It didn't work because the water level was 35' he had the suction line in 60' but that doesn't matter because the way that the pump is set up he can only draw water from 28'.

The handyman now thinks that the well is no good (even after we tried to explain the 28' thing) I air lift the well for him and extend the casing above grade. We sell him all of the parts to set the pump up in the two pipe configuration and explain to him everything to do and even give him pictures on how to plumb it, and he still fucked it up. These are the pictures I gave him, this system works.
IMG_5602.JPG
IMG_5598.JPG

Lol it is the shop loader. That’s the stupid part. It sucks at just about everything but it has the quick coupler.

I have 10 loaders and it’s still it enough.

Sounds familiar. I think we have 8 or 9 loaders scattered the various yards and sites, could use twice that many some days.

Everything has quick couplers and forks though, pretty rare to use a bucket beyond the occasional bit of yard leveling.

Single pipe jet pumps when correctly installed can only draw water from 28' at sea level.
A two pipe jet pump can draw water from deer levels by moving the jet body down the well.

A handy man bought this pump and shallow well adapter (the piece with the 1¼ pipe and union going into it) from us and installed it for his customer. It didn't work because the water level was 35' he had the suction line in 60' but that doesn't matter because the way that the pump is set up he can only draw water from 28'.
my pump doesn't have the box thing atop the pump head, what is that?
looks kinda like a pressure regulator, what with the diaphragm looking space below an adjusting bolt.

my pump doesn't have the box thing atop the pump head, what is that?
looks kinda like a pressure regulator, what with the diaphragm looking space below an adjusting bolt.
It's a flow control valve, it's for the two pipe system.

Today the maintenance supervisor gives a WO to demo an old pet coke transport line to one of mechanics. Both of them are talking about how this is a great time to do this as we aren't on coal, me worried about something else assume maybe they just mean because it will be quieter without the coal mill running. Nope, the mechanic spent an hour locking out lines that run parallel to these abandoned lines but are in no way connected together. His logic? well it ties in to the coal feed pipe, yeah the old coal mill feed pipe which would literally require weeks to make operable again. Worst part was he didn't understand why he was an idiot until I showed him both ends of the pipe going to nothing.

Still better than the mechanics yesterday who were demoing an abandoned screw conveyor and instead of questioning if the conduit going to the motion sensor went to anything else just reached up with a torch and cut the conduit knocking 3 other screw conveyors off line instantly.

One small example.

Project manager on the left, his stepson (truck driver) on the right. Me on the excavator trying to sort shit out.

322039_259268727456859_1151798106_o.jpg

Were you able to do anything about it with that excavator?

Were you able to do anything about it with that excavator?
In the pic we were waiting for the dozer guy. We hooked another chain to the cab so I wouldn't break my chain. With him assisting I flipped it back on it's wheels.

Nice, it looked like a job that needed a loader or dozer and few more chains.

PXL_20210409_190603592.jpg

Saw this gem a few weeks ago. I remember the days of building on a budget, one end at a time.

I remember it, cus I'm still doing it
I just saw that last week!

I'm trying to remember which city, I think on way or back from Roseville.

Had some down time at the shop today, so one of our guys took a bike someone left by our dumpster and rode it around the store

Attachments

• IMG_0216.MOV
    18.4 MB
Top Back Refresh