What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Roadrunners don't eat birdseed, no matter what cartoons lernt ya. :laughing:

1660245852363.png

I work in supply chain for a huge healthcare company. This division is located in the San Fran Bay Area. We had our Q2 all hands meeting this morning. HR guy put up a slide and was excited about these charts.
Ethnically non-diverse = white?
PXL_20220811_171833681.jpg
Aint that "racist"?:lmao:

Stupid stuff I deal with at the job I tried to quit (retire)....

Got hired back after leaving at double the pay, and work from home mostly....

What is stupid is the dumb MF'in gender fluid retard I have to train! A dead f'ing squirrel could do better than this shitbag......

Can't do the job, complained to higher-ups and they won't do shit, the woke crowd....

So your tax dollars and mine pay for a free loading retard that doesn't even know what sex they are day to day.....

Venting done ......

Stupid stuff I deal with at the job I tried to quit (retire)....

Got hired back after leaving at double the pay, and work from home mostly....

What is stupid is the dumb MF'in gender fluid retard I have to train! A dead f'ing squirrel could do better than this shitbag......

Can't do the job, complained to higher-ups and they won't do shit, the woke crowd....

So your tax dollars and mine pay for a free loading retard that doesn't even know what sex they are day to day.....

Venting done ......
A good old fashion ass kicking would fix his problem but that's not acceptable these days.... :shaking:

I think I can play this game.
Certified Power Train rebuild on a Older 5LN D6R, something that never happens anymore because they are too old.
$200k+ rebuild...
The customer reports batteries occasionally dead, won't last more than a few days before it won't start.

This what I find when I get there.
On multiple positive posts they used negative terminals and then installed them upside down, driven on the tapered post with a hammer, breaking the plates connection to the post inside the battery.

1660222900899.png

And after replacing the batteries it got some CORRECTLY made battery cables because when I have to go fix shit done by :rainbow: I spare no expense.:flipoff2:
Haha, i had a f350 get hauled back from our shop in lubbock this week, been inop down there for month or so, tech said every starter he puts in it is no good. Ask normal questions and they got tired of his lack of answers so they hauled it back to out main shop here, i look at it and see new cables, new starter, check for voltage at starter and see none, notice that batt end on positive cable on batt looks little big for the cable, cut heat shrink off and find that its a2/0 terminal with a 2 gauge wire. With it crimped around the insulation, cut end off carefuly to find out and found the cable wasnt stripped, just stuck in and crimped.
But he says he checked and had plenty of juice at starter all the time but each starter was bad,all 4 of them😳.

Last edited:
Haha, i had a f350 get hauled back from our shop in lubbock this week, been inop down there for month or so, tech said every starter he puts in it is no good. Ask normal questions and they got tired of his lack of answers so they hauled it back to out main shop here, i look at it and see new cables, new starter, check for voltage at starter and see none, notice that batt end on positive cable on batt looks little big for the cable, cut heat shrink off and find that its a2/0 terminal with a 2 gauge wire. With it crimped around the insulation, cut end off carefuly to find out and found the cable wasnt stripped, just stuck in and crimped.
But he says he checked and had plenty of juice at starter all the time but each starter was bad,all 4 of them😳.
Damn, that's a legendary fuck up.
That dude needs a carefully crafted nickname... "Stripper"?

And so how these deals usually go is just like you describe, ask a question and at get lied to. It's one thing to help someone with something they don't know, 9r even teach them but when they just straight fucking lie :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

Damn, that's a legendary fuck up.
That dude needs a carefully crafted nickname... "Stripper"?

And so how these deals usually go is just like you describe, ask a question and at get lied to. It's one thing to help someone with something they don't know, 9r even teach them but when they just straight fucking lie :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:
Yep, when he was asked to check cables out after the second starter didnt work he said that he had checked them, but never returned text with results, came to find out he is the one who built the cables after he told bosses that those cables had been on truck entire time, but they tracked down a invoice with that unit number onnit and his credit card with all the parts to build the cables, with exception of the oversized end.
But even better is fact that he put new battery in to try and fix starter issues,and also replaced alternator thinking that was why it wouldnt start, plus had half the dash torn apart for???????.
Yep im sure there is a bunch of wiring with lil pokey holes in it everywhere.

Not just the future of fleet services, BUT the world?
How de phawk does this kinda guy get that job?:eek:

The thread title has been the theme of my morning.......

First customer of the morning couldn't get the tracks on one of their antique drill rigs to spread. I show up, turn 3 ball valves in the right track motor enclosure and use the right travel pedal to open/close the tracks. Guy looks at me and says "Shit, I forgot this one is like that, our other 4 are different and have a switch in the cab"....

Seriously!?!?!?!? :lmao:

Next customer calls while I'm with the first one and says the rig won't crank/start. I have them check battery voltage and it's good so they tell me to go to the jobsite asap. Luckily I was only 20min away so I shot over there. Tried starting it, no crank, no power to the exciter wire on the starter. Check the diagram and notice that the wire from the key to the starter relay goes through a lock out/tag out switch. Check that switch in the battery compartment and it's in the lock position but NOBODY turned it.:shaking: Welp, you just paid me a buttload of money to "not turn it again" so the machine will start.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Not complaining though, it's nice to get an easy Friday once in a while. :smokin:

Got to make everything earthquake proof in California. These straps got installed yesterday on our flammable liquid cabinets. They just have IPA and acetone. The straps stick to the cabinets with velcro. The EHS team does a walkthrough once a month. I think they find things to justify their jobs.
PXL_20220812_164840730.jpg
PXL_20220812_164828621.jpg

37AFC1BC-3484-4E0C-9471-80211854D279.jpeg
One of our drives was delivering to a job site when this lift gave them the finger. Looks to have been cracked along the top for a while. Unloading multiple units of 5/8x12’ Sheetrock.

Attachments

• 87EDBA2A-1E04-4648-BD1B-D0967C83D328.jpeg
    87EDBA2A-1E04-4648-BD1B-D0967C83D328.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 50167E1A-B86F-4064-BEDC-55498EAB2893.jpeg
    50167E1A-B86F-4064-BEDC-55498EAB2893.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 32
Because safety has little to do with safety and its all about the money. Why couldn't they just cover the back of the cabinet and wall with velcro and directly stick the bitch?

Same=same, no?

No. Same principle as velcro shoes. Velcro has very little resistance to lift (or pulling against the wall in this case), but a very high resistance to sheer. Thusly, covering the back with velcro would do very little to keep that cabinet from tipping over in an earthquake as the building crumbles down around it.

Sincerely,

A guy who used to have to quality check vendors who installed that happy horseshit.

Isn't it amazing how many self created problems customers have. I often wonder why they can't figure out that after they "fixed" or replaced X they started having problems and by the power of deduction undo what they did to see if that resolved the issue.

Then again, we make good money off other people's stupidity so I guess it's better if they are :homer:.
A lot of this would go away if we forced people to do basic shit before the get a license. Change a tire, oil, battery, plugs etc. jump start a car. Bypass the ignition with a screwdriver. All basic shit that most any kind that finished school in the 90’s or before can do. :stirthepot:

Top Back Refresh