What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

So my mom's Escape got a transmission rebuild this winter, got a call that it was making bad noises last month so I headed down to check out out. Could tell before it even started all the way that the flex plate was broken or the converter nuts were loose. Dad trailers it to the shop that did the work and they "Can't find anything wrong, it's definitely in the engine". Engine is a year old Ford reman that I installed. Pulled the transmission today and wouldn't you know, there aren't any dowel pins in the block and the flex plate is busted all to shit.

PXL_20220802_224203516.jpg
So you installed the engine. There’s no dowel pins in the block. Did they rattle loose or??

Did those caps just break or did some one get dip shit with the cam while trying to install the chains.
I'm gonna run a bore scope down the plug hole in the morning but the timing chain is pretty far off on that bank, thinking it smashed a valve and the resulting bind caused the break, it popped all but the front cap. The bolts are sheared/stretched off, not twisted.

That's new?!

Next you're gonna tell me you've never put a chunk of stripped wire over the post and beat the terminal down onto it?

Never done a very small through bolt on a terminal and post?

Never put a block of plywood on top of the battery to maintain pressure via the hood so the terminal can't pop off????

People and their fancy new cars, I tell ya....

That's new?!

Next you're gonna tell me you've never put a chunk of stripped wire over the post and beat the terminal down onto it?

Never done a very small through bolt on a terminal and post?

Never put a block of plywood on top of the battery to maintain pressure via the hood so the terminal can't pop off????

People and their fancy new cars, I tell ya....
I've put a nail in at 6 volts on a 12v battery for an old heap.

I think I can play this game.
Certified Power Train rebuild on a Older 5LN D6R, something that never happens anymore because they are too old.
$200k+ rebuild...
The customer reports batteries occasionally dead, won't last more than a few days before it won't start.

This what I find when I get there.
On multiple positive posts they used negative terminals and then installed them upside down, driven on the tapered post with a hammer, breaking the plates connection to the post inside the battery.

1660222889929.png

1660222900899.png

1660222911616.png

And after replacing the batteries it got some CORRECTLY made battery cables because when I have to go fix shit done by :rainbow: I spare no expense.:flipoff2:

1660223066012.png

I think I can play this game.
Certified Power Train rebuild on a Older 5LN D6R, something that never happens anymore because they are too old.
$200k+ rebuild...
The customer reports batteries occasionally dead, won't last more than a few days before it won't start.

This what I find when I get there.
On multiple positive posts they used negative terminals and then installed them upside down, driven on the tapered post with a hammer, breaking the plates connection to the post inside the battery.

1660222889929.png

1660222900899.png

1660222911616.png

And after replacing the batteries it got some CORRECTLY made battery cables because when I have to go fix shit done by :rainbow: I spare no expense.:flipoff2:

1660223066012.png

Isn't it amazing how many self created problems customers have. I often wonder why they can't figure out that after they "fixed" or replaced X they started having problems and by the power of deduction undo what they did to see if that resolved the issue.

Then again, we make good money off other people's stupidity so I guess it's better if they are :homer:.

Isn't it amazing how many self created problems customers have. I often wonder why they can't figure out that after they "fixed" or replaced X they started having problems and by the power of deduction undo what they did to see if that resolved the issue.

Then again, we make good money off other people's stupidity so I guess it's better if they are :homer:.
For sure, but this problem was created by our own "expertly trained technicians" :lmao:

I work in supply chain for a huge healthcare company. This division is located in the San Fran Bay Area. We had our Q2 all hands meeting this morning. HR guy put up a slide and was excited about these charts.
Ethnically non-diverse = white?
PXL_20220811_171833681.jpg

I work in supply chain for a huge healthcare company. This division is located in the San Fran Bay Area. We had our Q2 all hands meeting this morning. HR guy put up a slide and was excited about these charts.
Ethnically non-diverse = white?
PXL_20220811_171833681.jpg
Sure looks like what's labelled as "non diverse" is what's actually diverse

Top Back Refresh