What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

That pump has nothing to do with me, the company I was doing service work for bought that thing to feed grout into the drill rig the company I work for sold them. I just happened to be there the day it got delivered to catch the first mishap and was sent that picture on Saturday with a brief explanation.

People would say the stuff I work on (made in Italy) is impossible to work on and full of unnecessary and over complicated computer crap but thats mostly because they can't fix it with a cresent wrench and hammer and also because they think a test light and a multimeter are the same thing. Times have changed in the construction equipment business and some people can't wrap their heads around that.
The $140k these pumps cost is pocket change compared to the rigs Poke's company sells. Got to see how they hold up long term, but my experience has been positive.

My truck is a 2wd 2500 with a full 24 foot steel ladder rack built on it within a reading truck need and tools and ladders so what say 9k lbs easily with street tires even if you had no way to air up which I don’t have either it would still have helped to dump psi in the rears I do it all the time on sand and mud job sites I don’t have air either but I’m pretty sure those tires are 75 psi max and dropping to the 30 range still would have been fine to drive out on and down the highway I’ve got Assholes at work that will drive my truck and others with 10 psi from the shop to miami or palm beach at 80mph 😂 it’s your back not mine next time carry 2x8 planks to throw under tires like washboards

200.gif

maybe you know, it was finger tight and fell out
happens a lot with car oil drain plugs, they get installed finger tight and before lube dude can think to put a wrench on it they get a faceselfyspacechat bing bong played into their earphones so they gotta look at their phone

Did three engines in a month, then stopped happening once they started requiring a second person to sign off on "drain plug tight"

high centered
"just air down bro"

yeah yeah increased flotation and all that but...
Normally I'd agree, but this engine probably hasn't been serviced since 2017. I fixed something on it the last time it was used 4 months ago, and it was there. It's powering a barge. It was just sitting on a canal not being used for the past 4 months. Someone definitely snagged it

happens a lot with car oil drain plugs, they get installed finger tight and before lube dude can think to put a wrench on it they get a faceselfyspacechat bing bong played into their earphones so they gotta look at their phone

Did three engines in a month, then stopped happening once they started requiring a second person to sign off on "drain plug tight"
:homer::shaking:

Similar, not as extreme...
20220802_102827.jpg
20220802_102834.jpg

Water conditioning company changed the sand filter for the yard water and forgot to turn the water back on:homer:. We get called out all of the time for this issue...

high centered
"just air down bro"

yeah yeah increased flotation and all that but...
The high center was result of not airing down

About 10min after they do that and let the magic smoke out I get called to come fix it because "it just stopped working"..... Every. Fucking. Time.
Then the inevitable “What do you mean it’s not covered under warranty?”

On a truck either. I had a 2014 ram that the traction control damn near killed me. Guy pulled out in front of me on an icy road and spun out. I pitched it sideways and hammered it to go into the median and that truck straightened up and headed right for the other guy. I had just enough time left to just miss him and ended up in oncoming turn lane. Luckily no traffic. Pissed me right off. The snow in the median would have shit me down. Instead the ABS is chattering like a freezing squirrel trying to stop me on icy pavement.

Vehicles are programmed for steering wheel holders not drivers.
Same thing with my '12, slightest bit of sideways drifting and the truck tries to drive straight into the ditch.
what happens if you remove the abs relay or fuse

i had a deleted 14 cummins but the tuner guy refused to tune it to allow me to completely remove traction control. If I want to whip a black smoke shitty in the snow I want to do it god damn it. I read the abs fuse trick worked on the doges but made the cluster into a christmas tree, never got around to trying it before I sold it

The old trucks still let me abuse them as hard I want to :grinpimp:
I can pull the ABS fuse on my 12 Dodge to get full driving abilities. Yes, I do get a CEL but, nothing derates. I don't just pull it, I replace it with a blown fuse for plausible deniability:grinpimp:

How many helmets do he need?
Are there that big a range on that machine?
I was cleaning out my weld bay from all the shit the other guy left. I threw both those away and he pulled them outta the trash and put them on the table. They were thrown away for good today.
Today
-Cut off wheel on grinder with no guard(meh) and bare handed
-Mig welding with one glove on with the other hand steadying it
-Using a 5# hammer to try and beat down 1/8” plate. Boss came over to me with him and asked if I had a Big hammer. Kid asked why, boss said because you’re using a baby hammer when you need the big 15# long handle sledge!

Last edited:
So my mom's Escape got a transmission rebuild this winter, got a call that it was making bad noises last month so I headed down to check out out. Could tell before it even started all the way that the flex plate was broken or the converter nuts were loose. Dad trailers it to the shop that did the work and they "Can't find anything wrong, it's definitely in the engine". Engine is a year old Ford reman that I installed. Pulled the transmission today and wouldn't you know, there aren't any dowel pins in the block and the flex plate is busted all to shit.

PXL_20220802_224203516.jpg

I read the abs fuse trick worked on the doges but made the cluster into a christmas tree, never got around to trying it before I sold it
pull the fuse and run it to a toggle switch with an inline fuse that way you can turn it on and off when you want

Whats wrong with that? It's the only way I've ever welded. Glove on the left hand, ungloved on the stinger.
Our guys buy just the left glove from the local welding supply. They sell lefts only for like 75% of the price of the pair.

And they weld in T-shirts generally. And I bet we couldn't find a guard for a sander if we tried. When we run cutoff wheels, it's the 6" variety on a 4.5 sander.

All normal shit here.

So my mom's Escape got a transmission rebuild this winter, got a call that it was making bad noises last month so I headed down to check out out. Could tell before it even started all the way that the flex plate was broken or the converter nuts were loose. Dad trailers it to the shop that did the work and they "Can't find anything wrong, it's definitely in the engine". Engine is a year old Ford reman that I installed. Pulled the transmission today and wouldn't you know, there aren't any dowel pins in the block and the flex plate is busted all to shit.

iunno. it has a stamp right on it that says its ok. :shaking:

:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Back in the day shadetree mechanics used to get the living fuck beat out of them for shit like that. Nothing like getting jumped on your way home from work and a flex plate thrown through your windshield to make you rethink being a hack.:mad3:

Given that the dowel pin holes are ovaled, I assume that they were there and they fell out after the bolts were not tightened enough?

Aaron Z

Given that the dowel pin holes are ovaled, I assume that they were there and they fell out after the bolts were not tightened enough?

Aaron Z
No dowels in the flex plate, those are spot welds. They left the pins out that align the engine and transmission.

In a few more years when even the slightest bump to the skin on your hand tears or bruises the spot, you'll figure out that UV was not doing your skin any favors.

been welding like that for 20yrs and my skin is fine, i guess that only applies to people with shitty weak genetics? :laughing:

what happens if you remove the abs relay or fuse

i had a deleted 14 cummins but the tuner guy refused to tune it to allow me to completely remove traction control. If I want to whip a black smoke shitty in the snow I want to do it god damn it. I read the abs fuse trick worked on the doges but made the cluster into a christmas tree, never got around to trying it before I sold it

The old trucks still let me abuse them as hard I want to :grinpimp:
I've put a switch on the dash to bypass the abs fuse circuit on a couple cars and trucks with nanny traction control, it can work well depending on the make.

Top Back Refresh