What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Got no pictures of it happening, butI'll share the story.

We had a main shaft failure on a large stamping press. It's a real bastard to pull out and put in because the flywheel sits down inside the crown of the press, and there's barely enough headroom for the flywheel and shaft to come out without rigging. Well, we worked 14 hours yesterday to get it reassembled and ready to fly back in this morning at 6:00.

Well, it's in the press, and but the mechanics forgot to put the goddamn belts on. Of course, the shaft is captured on both ends so you've got to pull the bearing housings back out, lift the whole damn thing back up just to throw three belts on it. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

792BFABB-5AC7-4C84-B385-B64F8449553C_1_105_c.jpeg

57C82C2D-676D-46C2-9D88-EB21435F6641_1_105_c.jpeg

8E06BB5C-3183-4EC9-8775-9766D6D8C0C2_1_105_c.jpeg

Got no pictures of it happening, butI'll share the story.

We had a main shaft failure on a large stamping press. It's a real bastard to pull out and put in because the flywheel sits down inside the crown of the press, and there's barely enough headroom for the flywheel and shaft to come out without rigging. Well, we worked 14 hours yesterday to get it reassembled and ready to fly back in this morning at 6:00.

Well, it's in the press, and but the mechanics forgot to put the goddamn belts on. Of course, the shaft is captured on both ends so you've got to pull the bearing housings back out, lift the whole damn thing back up just to throw three belts on it. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

792BFABB-5AC7-4C84-B385-B64F8449553C_1_105_c.jpeg

57C82C2D-676D-46C2-9D88-EB21435F6641_1_105_c.jpeg
Is it frozen solid to shrink it up? :smokin::eek: I think I'd want gloves on anywhere near that thing.

I was accused of felonious animal abuse by one of our cooks for trapping a raccoon that was having a party in the dumpster. Dude was bawling his eyes out saying "it's just not right!" and "Animal abuse is a felony! I'm calling animal control and the cops!" then proceeded to video me loading it into my truck. :lmao: It was released into the Headwaters of the Missouri River with tons of raccoon-y habitat. Typically I treat raccoons like they ratted on Al Capone, canned .22 to the dome. But I figured it would shatter the delicate souls here at work....
Parking lot did have a bunch of Karen's and a few hipster dude's all hanging out too scared to approach the trash panda. Did not have the luxury of a trap, or even a noose, heck not even gloves, and the little fella was too scared to exit the bin even when I laid it over. So scruff of the neck it was, bare handed, and he paid me back with a couple scratches from his back legs when he could not break free. Put him in the bushes, though I briefly contemplated putting him into a friends office next door for entertainment.

Word spread among the office park ladies, you would think I am now the fully fledged Saffer version of Steve Irwin (without the gaping chest wound) or Crocodile Dundee (with the massive knife) this morning. Lots of oohing, aahing, you were so brave, show me photos (my wife missed video of the grand finale of me actually grabbing the little bastard)

So Rocky the trash panda lives to scrounge for at least another day.

1723828873221.png

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMN992D8pOKdOJro8iGb33u-bwK3qBzuf9w3PtP
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMN992D8pOKdOJro8iGb33u-bwK3qBzuf9w3PtP

Parking lot did have a bunch of Karen's and a few hipster dude's all hanging out too scared to approach the trash panda. Did not have the luxury of a trap, or even a noose, heck not even gloves, and the little fella was too scared to exit the bin even when I laid it over. So scruff of the neck it was, bare handed, and he paid me back with a couple scratches from his back legs when he could not break free. Put him in the bushes, though I briefly contemplated putting him into a friends office next door for entertainment.

Word spread among the office park ladies, you would think I am now the fully fledged Saffer version of Steve Irwin (without the gaping chest wound) or Crocodile Dundee (with the massive knife) this morning. Lots of oohing, aahing, you were so brave, show me photos (my wife missed video of the grand finale of me actually grabbing the little bastard)

So Rocky the trash panda lives to scrounge for at least another day.

1723828873221.png

Google Photos
Google Photos

Varmints get shot at my work.

Can you please pm Landslide a few tips on how to take a zoomed in photo
That is a screenshot from Snapchat, so terrible quality. My first thought was not, hey my internet friends would enjoy a good clean shot of this bear.

My first thought was. “Get this on Snapchat for the hoes I’m flirting up these days” the hoes were pleased

Last edited:
You gotta admit, people are stupid. When I was at that stumping job the customer had a guy helping me in my machine. I told him do not get within reach of the excavator. What does he do? Work right behind me. I turned around and put the bucket down and sure as shit he ran right into it not paying attention.

My uncle ran over a kids leg while working a processor. Had to get airlifted out of the job site, survived.... got a hefty payout. Don't think the kid worked since and collects disability.

:eek:
Homedepot contractor?:stirthepot:
Timber got so bad here, we started framing kitchens and bathrooms with steel studs just to get a straight wall...
That's nothing new. I helped my father build a house in the early 90s. Wrapped the exterior for the winter... returned in the spring. 1 out of 3 studs for the interior walls.. were between an inch to 3 off the floor. It's all green lumber.

That's nothing new. I helped my father build a house in the early 90s. Wrapped the exterior for the winter... returned in the spring. 1 out of 3 studs for the interior walls.. were between an inch to 3 off the floor. It's all green lumber.
Were you framing with PT? Losing 1"-3" in length is excessive even with that.

Top Back Refresh