What's new

Stock Market 2021

Mostly, the same- taking a beating today.

I think until next week its just gonna be the up and down.

I think that its gonna move one way or the other fairly hard when the sniffer announces is 100 day plans.

WFC dropped ~7% just this morning, went ahead and sold off what i had, put me at a net gain of ~15% or so. I dunno, maybe they will start doing really good again, maybe not

I took the advice of the seasoned traders on here and have been using Stop Limit Orders. Everything I had sold by lunch yesterday.

i tried to figure that out briefly a while back, i ended up selling my 1 stock well above what i wanted my limit to be :homer:

yeah, stop limits would have had me sitting in cash right now and better off for it :laughing: oh well, i'm still fine to hang out and rid the oil ones down as WFC was my least favorite, and now i have cash just sitting there to add quickly back in when it seems reasonable.

edit: holy fuck i'm dumb :lmao: i clicked the little "question mark bubble" on etrade and it brings up a whole long list with detailed explinations :laughing: well, now i know how to do a stop limit order !

edit2: and of course, PCG is up 4% today :laughing: oh well, guess that means WFC is going to have a banner day on monday :rasta:

Last edited:
alright, i should have just walked away and shut off the computer :shaking:

put in "stop orders" for 5% drops on everything, then went ahead and decided 4.5% drop in BP was good enough, so decided to buy some more of that. I'm going to try and watch it very closely on Monday/Tuesday and see what happens. it might be up 3% or it might continue to fall. i dunno.

AAL was also down over 4%, so figured what the hell and bought some of that as well :shaking: why? "stimulus"...this ~$2T package is apparently about everything they dropped off to pass the $1T package. so fuck it, AAL isn't going to be allowed to "fail" but this will also be another one for me to watch very closely so i don't lose my ass on it. hoping for a quick correction :rasta: unlike WFC where i was just looking for an excuse to unload them.

Got out of BB today at 10.50 rolled that into the clf dip. Well see what the future brings as the dollar landslides down.

48342731-16107126356083155_origin.png

Got out of BB today at 10.50 rolled that into the clf dip. We will see what the future brings as the dollar landslides down.

I am hoping it falls near parity so I can buy my Jeep tub once the border opens up! Come on crash baby crash!

Can you explain why and how "margin debt" can go into the negatives?

Man, I never thought about that. I'm not an expert on finance. Could it be people who are upside down and lost the money that they borrowed? I read an article with that chart that stated the high levels of margin debt is a reason to be worried about a severe correction in the markets coming soon.

Last edited:
Man, I never thought about that. I'm not an expert on finance. Could it be people who are upside down and lost the money that they borrowed? I read an article with that chart that stated the high levels of margin debt is a reason to be worried about a severe correction in the markets coming soon.

as if we needed more indicators of the market being high :laughing:

#Fawk it, i'd honestly not be upset if i ended the year +20% overall, that's still a banner year. maybe i will just go in there and unload everything that i've got. ~half of it turned itself to cash friday anyways :laughing:

welp, went ahead and sold my AAL from Friday for a 2% gain this morning, as is typical, looks like I sold when I should have held XOM recovederd half today of what it lost on Friday and I sold at the lowest low then.

oh well, not going to feel bad about making money overall. still happy to just kind of hang out. maybe I will finally get off my ass and buy more car parts using my gains as a substantial discount.

think i'll switch it up...again. and just stay mostly on the sidelines and see what happens. :beer: and happy trading :)

edit: BP announced today it's buying a 20% stake in the "worlds largest solar" provider. so yeah, not feeling bad about continuing to own that stuff. this is them being happy to spent cash on hand yet again and setting themselves up well for the "Green energy future" again.

Last edited:
alright, i'm solidly in the "should have kept my XOM" camp at this point :laughing: oh well

in other news, USB dropped ~5% today down to $45 range, I never bought anymore for a long while and sold 99% of what I had when it went up to $40, wanted more as investment style but wasn't comfortable buying at $50, so figure what the hell and put half my XOM "earnings" into USB. should be reasonable for a bit yet, we'll see if it drops. still sitting on a bit of cash in the account sidelining for the next decent broad dip, but with the printer going BRRR at full blast i'm not as confident it will be too dramatic.

alright, i'm solidly in the "should have kept my XOM" camp at this point :laughing: oh well

in other news, USB dropped ~5% today down to $45 range, I never bought anymore for a long while and sold 99% of what I had when it went up to $40, wanted more as investment style but wasn't comfortable buying at $50, so figure what the hell and put half my XOM "earnings" into USB. should be reasonable for a bit yet, we'll see if it drops. still sitting on a bit of cash in the account sidelining for the next decent broad dip, but with the printer going BRRR at full blast i'm not as confident it will be too dramatic.

I hope you are right about the next dip not being big. I Took the gamble and stayed in with tighter stop losses, because of a saying my dad always had and that is the market rewards people that stay in it. I think he was talking long term, but that theory worked out for the last 2 days for sure.

I hope you are right about the next dip not being big. I Took the gamble and stayed in with tighter stop losses, because of a saying my dad always had and that is the market rewards people that stay in it. I think he was talking long term, but that theory worked out for the last 2 days for sure.

well, i'm often wrong a bunch. checked this morning and a bunch of my stop losses hit, essentially everything except for what I bought yesterday had turned into cash this morning :laughing:

so I went ahead and made a couple small purchases. WES is back to right near $15, it is likely to head down to 14 or 13 again, so I bought a little bit more of that and will try to follow it down. Annual Div Yield is ~8% at $15, so that isn't bad to set and forget. Also went ahead and bought some SPH as it was under $15 again and has been generally stable due to super low volume, similar ~8% Div.

which really only seems to matter if I hang on to it long enough :rasta: but again, i'm going to just try and pluck away at it. hopefully with the grind and the printer we will see a much less dramatic drop and an "eventually" style recovery. timelines are out the window.

I don't disagree that there was a choice between a "trump recovery and a biden depression" especially as the stock market is concerned. threats of higher corp taxes and massive wealth transfers through "Paris Accord" are certainly going to drag things.

You guys trading energy stonks are playing with fire imo, with such a anti-oil admin just sworn in, beaten down or not. Beijing Biden's first executive orders are rejoing Paris climate accord and cancelling Keystone. Fucking moron.

Solar and E-vehicles seem like much better plays, if you want to make $$

Hope the month is going gangbusters for everyone, it has been one of the better starts to a trading year for me. Day trade account up just shy of 25% in 3 weeks, Swing, IRA's and my folks accounts at ATH's. I have made more in my wife's IRA in the last 24 months than the "professional" money manager did in the previous 15 years.

Took a massive loss last Friday when the markets stumbled, and will pay the rest of that today as some options positions never recovered. Been a bad start to earnings season for me, took a couple of Iron Condors (28/29 were winners in 2020), and both moved more than the projected move. Was not patient enough with BLK, and had to post a 5 figure red day, which ironically helped me when NFLX gapped up big early this week, was able to sell the puts, and had to buy one of the call positions back, then rode the final call position all day, which ended the day very strong green. I'll take lucky over good anytime, but just another example of patience paying off (if you have big enough balls, or a strong enough stomach to watch your position fluctuate by several thousand K for every tick on the candles). Then IBM moved double the anticipated move this morning and the damn Iron Butterfly took a dump. Took several outstanding trades today to get the loss down into mid 4 figure range, but can honestly say I have had two really good days of trading this week (in a professional sense) even though today will be horribly red.

Anyone take JMIA when I first posted on the old board, think that was around $10 per share, Hit ATH's today at 56.50, 500% return on equity ain't bad. I reupped on some Feb $50 calls last week, which are now well over 200%, 1/2 position left, will roll up on the next pull back

NIO, another stock from the old thread. Been long since mid last year, cost average around 16 (some bought at 7), almost 62 today. Down to last partials on calls, up 422%.

TDOC - followed Cathy Woods, up 35% so far, options up just shy of 200%, hit ATH's today, got $300 written all over it. Will load up on LEAPS on next pull back

SKILZ, another follow of CW, $30 first target, but think this has long term potential too.

MARA and RIOT - scalp trades daily only based on BTC. Been a winner every day I have touched these this week. Don't have the balls to hold overnight, so have left a ton of money on the table but at least I sleep peacefully.

AAPL - nearing ATH's again, likely to run up into earnings, breaks out over ATH's could run to $150 (have Feb 150 calls which are currently under water, but may yet go green)

SPCE - gapped when Cathy Woods announced a Space SPAC, consolidating, first target 35, but can see 50 this year, in the process of making a nice cup and handle, tight stops at the bottom of the handle, loose stops at the bottom of the cup if you are long term (around 24ish)

FUBO - streaming TV service, been an excellent overnight Hold play 3 times the past two weeks. closing strong today, first target 40, can run to mid 40's then 50, then gap fill then ATH's. Have to risk just below 30 to give room for pull backs - until it goes green then move to a trailing stop

So damn close to adding another digit to one of my day trade accounts, so close, not today though

Can sleep better being 80% cash tonight, and no trumpy to make stupid tweets over the weekend.

Manage your risk, know your limits

yeah i'm mostly cash at the moment, still :rasta:

the new admin is going to be a drrrraaaaggg on oil and gas.

I might just call it and go full car parts :laughing: one less thing to check on daily

I lost 318k on green energy 11 or so years ago when obama was pushing it. that's what got me into buying land as an investment. green energy is a hoax, none of it makes true financial sense. but I was sure the government was going to blow it up. that's what I got for putting all my eggs in one basket. now I diversify a lot more.

and I am 95% in cash right now in my 401k.

Hope the month is going gangbusters for everyone, it has been one of the better starts to a trading year for me.

Been good over here so far as well, hope to keep the ball rolling.

Always enjoy reading your posts- you share some good insight- happy trading :beer:

I lost 318k on green energy 11 or so years ago when obama was pushing it. that's what got me into buying land as an investment. green energy is a hoax, none of it makes true financial sense. but I was sure the government was going to blow it up. that's what I got for putting all my eggs in one basket. now I diversify a lot more.

and I am 95% in cash right now in my 401k.

Expensive way to learn a lesson about risk management and diversity.

Green energy may well be a hoax or the next hoax, but if the technicals are there, I intend trading, both on the uptrend, and on the downtrend when it breaks.

Would love to buy land as an investment, but honestly don't have the patience. I am eyeing the lot on our corner, house burned to the foundation in the Cameron Peak fire, owners would rather buy in the canyon than rebuild. IF I buy it would prevent anyone building in our line of sight to the south, and I think it could be had at a decent price - for 40 acres in a burn scar at least, but likely will take at least 5 years before seeing a decent return (for land, likely around 100%), and heck I can make those returns in less than a year using cash on the market. As much as I hate to finance, I may just do that in this case. Owners not keen to discuss sale of land until they have a contract on property, so need to be patient - which I am not

Put that cash to work man, even if you just use index funds, or throw money at Cathy Woods and ARK investments. Cash not earning money is hard for me to stomach

It made me 0ver 5000 today. The land purchased in the last 12 years have all tripled or better. Hell I was amazed when I added up net worth last spring. And they have just went up since then. I bought 10 acres 2 years ago for 150k, a great deal. It’s worth 350 or more now. I did great on the land stuff. I just wish I could buy a few more two acre or so lots by the house. I am about to pull a trailer off and build a duplex on one of them.

yeah i'm mostly cash at the moment, still :rasta:

the new admin is going to be a drrrraaaaggg on oil and gas.

I might just call it and go full car parts :laughing: one less thing to check on daily

I’m mostly waiting to do what I do best, buy shitty houses. They keep pushing back the foreclosure moratorium, now it’s March. We are going to get a shitload at once it seems. Sitting in cash waiting for the market to pop and buy some short positions or foreclosures to start flooding the market. This market is too pricey for me to play much.

My best investment so far has been peloton a few weeks after their IPO in April. My only regret Is I only bought 20 shares :homer:

Expensive way to learn a lesson about risk management and diversity.

Green energy may well be a hoax or the next hoax, but if the technicals are there, I intend trading, both on the uptrend, and on the downtrend when it breaks.

Would love to buy land as an investment, but honestly don't have the patience. I am eyeing the lot on our corner, house burned to the foundation in the Cameron Peak fire, owners would rather buy in the canyon than rebuild. IF I buy it would prevent anyone building in our line of sight to the south, and I think it could be had at a decent price - for 40 acres in a burn scar at least, but likely will take at least 5 years before seeing a decent return (for land, likely around 100%), and heck I can make those returns in less than a year using cash on the market. As much as I hate to finance, I may just do that in this case. Owners not keen to discuss sale of land until they have a contract on property, so need to be patient - which I am not

Put that cash to work man, even if you just use index funds, or throw money at Cathy Woods and ARK investments. Cash not earning money is hard for me to stomach

So, you wanna handle my money? Gimme 50% each year and you keep the other 50%.

Top Back Refresh