What's new

Stock Market 2021

Any recommendations on a long term oil stock that pays dividends?

my goal would be to hold it and use dividends to pay my increased costs if oil goes back to 140bbl

I'm also considering a 1000 gallon tank of diesel fuel:laughing:

Question: I've got the majority of my etrade account in mutual funds that trade at the end of the day. They were random ones that I had picked off the "zacs top recommended mutual funds" list at different times earlier in 2020 and they've all gone up 40-60%. If the bottom falls out of the market over the course of a single day there isn't really a way to protect with something like a stop-limit correct? Should I look at selling everything once I've owned them for a year and then buying ETF's that I set with tight stop-losses?

name a period in time back to 1907 where the stock market never recovered?
just ride out the dips

name a period in time back to 1907 where the stock market never recovered?
just ride out the dips

IIRC it took till 1954 for the the Dow to reach 1929 levels. If a guy was 45 in 1929, most likely it didn't recover in his lifetime, for what that's worth

Stonks only go up, especially EV stonks

Man I now look foolish for clearing some of my NIO options positions, of course it moves big the week of expiry. Left several tens of thousands of dollars on the table, and was waiting for a pullback to buy in again, no pull back and the recent NVDA news and it gapped up.

LI was a good day trade today, I just need it to close below 40 on Friday so I don't get called out on some covered calls I sold

XPEV totally killed it too, like 5 figure gains across my various accounts - even my long dead options came to life, hopefully continues tomorrow, but at least I will exit flat at worst (buy more time and closer to the money than I did)

Have quite a few positions expiring Friday, and some of them are not good at all, going to be a red day, but ...........
I have killed it this year so far, one red day, but several very strong green days. Day trade account hit an all time high around noon, and knocked on a really important milestone for me. Not far from adding another zero to the account.

Fucking SPY wicked me out twice, and like the degenerate I am I could not step away, so bled a little, but still way up on SPY for the year. Nice to see TSLA with a down day yesterday (several guys in the trade room made a ton on puts), and recover today, Will not be surprised to see TSLA $1K before the end of the quarter - DO NOT buy now if you are not already long.

TIGR been a great scalp trade the last couple days, let it open and settle, better if it opens red and goes green, buy at the R2G or on the pivot breakout and let it grind higher all day. Just a few thousand shares and returns of around $1K a day, nice wallet padder

BTBT big winner today - in around 17, out of most around 21, couple thousand shares and whammo.

SUNW, GEVO and TIGR as Overnight Hold trades - buy within last 15 minutes, sell within first 30 or 45 mins of open.

Word of Caution - market is moving on every stupid headline from DC, so manage your risk. I am at about 1/2 my normal position size, and my risk tolerance is a lot tighter than typical. Also adjust my stops on my swing and long term accounts daily, so IF/WHEN the correction comes, I can stop out and go mostly cash

So I looked up TIGR last night after reading your post. Woah! Big day today. I wish I had bought some on the open.

my goal would be to hold it and use dividends to pay my increased costs if oil goes back to 140bbl

I have 1000 gallon diesel tank I'll trade for amo... you just have to come get it.

i'm considering selling everything I own today.

BP, XOM, WES, ETD, SPH all pay good dividends, but all of them are way up over the past couple of weeks. I'm hanging out right now, if you do jump in right now then be prepared to exit quickly once they all correct which is likely in the event of a general market correction.

BP, XOM, WES, ETD, SPH all pay good dividends, but all of them are way up over the past couple of weeks. I'm hanging out right now, if you do jump in right now then be prepared to exit quickly once they all correct which is likely in the event of a general market correction.

Never a bad thing to take profits. If your really that worried about it sell your shares and buy calls. If it dips you only lose the premium if it goes up you win again.

Im still sitting comfortably on my $20 clf calls.

Put my money where my mouth is. Opened a position in PSQ. (Proshare QQQ Short).

PCG is just below $12, so I sold off the rest of it while it continues to grind down. not complaining about a 30% gain overall there.

in other news, shell and exxonmobile made the news for requesting $2.1 Billion in subsidies for "carbon storage" :laughing: This is what I mean when I say "big oil is going to cash in on the green energy shit". there will be massive government spending here and in the EU (where this is coming from) that these guys will soak up to offset any sort of low oil demand, added bonus it is all made up nonsense anyways, so near $0 cost

Just got into the Petco IPO - WOOF. Making the bones today. :smokin:

I just went looking for some financials or earnings reports and all I could find was "coming soon" on their investors relations page :confused: Between that and the "OMG opened at 55% above target price!" makes me wonder if this is just another Hype-P-O

up 5% just today.

I almost went there yesterday, but decided to sit it out a bit yet. oh well :laughing:

don't worry, I bought it when it was already up 4.5%. so we'll see a nice drop tomorrow to compensate :laughing:

edit: Gamestop has gone insane today too, saw it up ~40% at one point. people must have a ton of faith in the 3 new board members making it a good company somehow

edit: Gamestop has gone insane today too, saw it up ~40% at one point. people must have a ton of faith in the 3 new board members making it a good company somehow

Someone on CNBC this morning said the Gamestop move yesterday was a short squeeze.

Just sold my positions in WPM, CCL, and ACB and moved it to BTC at $30K. I had a bunch of that shit under $30/BTC back in the day and after watching it double in a week and hearing about another $270M lost, I'm not missing out again. Also moving all my 401 into cash equivalents. I kinda want to hang onto the CREITs and oil that I got at a discount on 3-24-20. AA, KSS, and ARKK are kicking ass and I'm in for the long haul. Otherwise, either BTC or PSQ will be my future buys.

I got called an old man this week by a 20 year old when I mentioned mutual funds.

Hes doing pretty well at the moment, he went into hock for 12k back in April and is sitting around 40k.

Kids are doing well right now playing day traders with pot and Video games on there Vanguard apps but I think an ass fawking is coming soon.

Well, if you see a buying opportunity, lmk

I'm gonna be pretty busy chasing scrap metal and trying to flip some cars taking in some of these Biden bucks

I got called an old man this week by a 20 year old when I mentioned mutual funds.

Hes doing pretty well at the moment, he went into hock for 12k back in April and is sitting around 40k.

Kids are doing well right now playing day traders with pot and Video games on there Vanguard apps but I think an ass fawking is coming soon.

pot and video games? you should tell them there is a stock ticker RIOT that trades in some mystery crypto currency nonsense. it is absurdly high at the moment, but the name is RIOT :laughing: kind of like the switch to "Nikola" for that one e-company rather than making an actual product to fundraise off of :flipoff2:

I just went looking for some financials or earnings reports and all I could find was "coming soon" on their investors relations page :confused: Between that and the "OMG opened at 55% above target price!" makes me wonder if this is just another Hype-P-O

The next CHEWY with brick and mortars all open during the Covid. :smokin:

The ass fawking always comes to those chasing the high flyers. I recall what happened to a couple of my father's friends who were riding high on NASDAQ tech stocks in the late 90's. One of them had to delay retirement several years due to losing his ass. Another had to come out of retirement and go back to work. With the young Robinhood traders today, many of them will get the ass fawking and then probably not invest in the market ever again or at least for many years.

Is this the start of the pullback? Everything I have is red today. Decided to sell out multiple positions and taking my profit, also tighten my stops on everything I'm holding.

It was asked the other day but let me ask again for clarity. Is it a good or bad idea to get out of a few growth funds that I have since they do not have any way to stop a big sell off? My idea was to go ahead at the end of the day and buy for easy math lets say 25k of an ETF that is invested in similar stuff to my growth fund, and then sell the fund. Since the fund sells at the end of the day this should mean buying the ETF on a discount (if the stock market stays down) but then selling at a discount also, so that money should stay about equal. I would be doing all this to limit my risk in the coming weeks so I could set a stop on the ETF at something within my risk tolerance. Sorry if this was in investing 101 and I missed that lesson but I have only been investing in the market since Sept of 19, and it has been good times with the big exception of the covid crash, so I have not had to learn much.

Yeah, EVERYONE is doing great now. It's impossible to NOT be doing great picking stocks right now. This is a HUUUUUGE red flag.

Top Back Refresh