What's new

Stock Market 2021

So, you wanna handle my money? Gimme 50% each year and you keep the other 50%.

Much rather help you manage your own money better

besides

not a licensed professional so my “advice” in this thread is worth exactly what you are paying for it. Nada. Only slept in a Holiday inn .....

I have lost sleep over trades on my dime. Not sure I could handle the stress of managing OPM. Other peoples money. Plenty of other sharks that would be happy to take your offer I am sure.

make no mistake we are unlikely to see an opportunity to make money like 2020 on the market in our lifetimes. Very unique year. I am just happy to beat the S&P most years.

RKT finally took off for me. :smokin:

wow, they had a good day, up 15% :smokin: still happy I sold them when I did, but yeah that would have been a good one to buy back into when it dipped again.

overall, i'm slowly taking buying back in more and more in little chunks as this keep dropping :rasta: was down ~$60 earlier today, after a few nibbles ended the day down ~$20 :laughing: not bad for tossing good money after bad.

waiting on a couple of emails so that I can convert some stocks to car parts :rasta:

Quite the day if you were playing along on a minute by minute basis. Woke up to very nice gains in TSLA options, took some 900 calls late Friday at around 6, closed them out today over 40 when TSLA popped to 900. Rolled into 1000's later on the pull back

AAPL nice open with earnings this week. Feb 150 calls finally went green and I sold just before the rug pull this morning.

I was about 70% cash after the TSLA and AAPL wins, took a shower, and when I checked my phone before driving down to the office, my account had a 5 figure swing from nicely green to badly red. Stupid Chinese dude at Davos I guess mentioning a second cold war. market cratered, then V bottomed and ground back all day.

Should have stayed out, but took a few small scalp trades and ended flat. Holding NOK overnight following some call flow, and IZEA and OEG as overnight hold plays

JMIA continues being a beast, tested the break out at it's low and then recovered strongly. Worth watching. Honestly think this is also a long term play, like 2 or 3 years plus, would have to risk low 40's

TDOC, one of the Cathy Woods plays, went long a couple months ago in the 190's but also took Jan 22 300 Calls, and they were almost in the money today. Up 400%, a real pity I have such a small position. will roll on the pull back, when it comes, chart looks like a short after this impressive run up

EV's - so hot. Even hotter now Beijing Biden has announced the Fed Fleet will become fully electric. Somewhere earlier I posted TSLA will see $1K, heck if earnings this week are half reasonable, it could hit $1K before the end of the quarter. Ideally it pulls back on earnings, and I can buy more shares, but I am already pretty heavily weighted, and I have to wonder if it pulls back much at all.

RKT - day trade was flat for me, late to the action, did not want to hold overnight, but will be on watch list tomorrow

GME - missed the bulk of the action, looks like market manipulation by WSB. There are going to be a bunch of Robin Hoodlers that will lose everything when this gets a SEC halt. Way too risky, though I may take some lotto puts - pure gamble. I know a couple guys who got burned on this when it first broke out.

Happy trading, manage your risk.

Reddit messes with investors by driving GameStop stock price to record heights | PC Gamer

apparently some redditors conspired to manipulate the gamestop price and are going to drive it to a crash. this is comical in a "i hope they don't fuck with anything i own" kind of way :laughing: illegal? probably not

After peaking at $144 earlier today, GameStop's share price has been bouncing between $65-80, a big drop but still way above where it was trading two weeks ago. I have no idea where it will go from here, but even if it ends up at just half of where it currently is, that still puts the price well ahead of where it was when this ride began—and leaves short-sellers in a tough spot.

It's interesting to note that all of this was simply the machinations of the market, and that GameStop itself has essentially been an observer throughout. I've emailed the company for comment, and will update if I receive a reply.

well shit, at $144 i hope some gamestop long termers cashed a fat check :laughing: the stupid thing is the whole "ohh, we are going to get those evil wall street short sellers" theme of the article, but people who think gamestop is worth $20 will be just fine if it goes up to 150 before crashing

Last edited:
I went in and out yesterday, I’m to scared to keep any real money in the market. Plus I’m wanting to retire in the next 4 years, so I have to play it tighter. I’ll keep trying to take little bites.

ok i jumped back in to pcg, but im not hanging around long. so far no good.

Last edited:
I went in and out yesterday, I’m to scared to keep any real money in the market. Plus I’m wanting to retire in the next 4 years, so I have to play it tighter. I’ll keep trying to take little bites.

ok i jumped back in to pcg, but im not hanging around long. so far no good.

so far, nothing has happened today for me :laughing:

I think i'm down $1 overall. saw PCG was back down to ~$11 so it *should* do better than it is, but I dunno when :laughing: i'm still not bold enough to buy it again.

interestingly, GM rose ~150% or something last year, but they are down ~10% these past couple days. i'm curious if they will continue to drop while the "ecar" stuff get's all the news and where they will be in 8 months when hopefully the politics is well out of the news cycle.

Started the week ok but looks like a bit of a step back today. Anyone get in on the Gamestop shenanigans? I'm a risk taker but that one was a bit too hot to handle :D

Started the week ok but looks like a bit of a step back today. Anyone get in on the Gamestop shenanigans? I'm a risk taker but that one was a bit too hot to handle :D

up 17% again today, there are apparently more options for it at $100 than at $80, so that's comical :laughing:

I've been watching it with amusement, but that is too risky for my blood.

That run up is just making a mockery of the stock market. A soon to be bankrupt company goes up 10x? Bitcoin, Tesla, Gamestop.....No reason for these rises other than cheap money being thrown in the market.

That run up is just making a mockery of the stock market. A soon to be bankrupt company goes up 10x? Bitcoin, Tesla, Gamestop.....No reason for these rises other than cheap money being thrown in the market.

47% right now :eek: edit: good God 60%?!

yep, there is some organization happening on that one apparently via red it. Not sure how the authorities are going to take that one.... But yeah overall crappy company on the way out.

Last edited:
This is hilarious with gamestop. Going to :lmao::lmao::lmao: if this takes out some hedge funds in the process, sucks getting burned by the plebs at your own game!!:flipoff2:

I did not get in on the gamestop action, just saw some stories the past few weeks and finally dug into it last night. Funny as hell!!

This is hilarious with gamestop. Going to :lmao::lmao::lmao: if this takes out some hedge funds in the process, sucks getting burned by the plebs at your own game!!:flipoff2:

I did not get in on the gamestop action, just saw some stories the past few weeks and finally dug into it last night. Funny as hell!!

94%... ridiculous. I'm no fortune teller but that's only got one direction to go from here.... who knows though since it is completely non-sensical in the first place :homer:

Part of me is sad I missed the bandwagon....

the same short sellers who are getting "mocked" right now are going to make out like bandits. time is on their side, no fucking way do the dweebs hang on to this shit indef and refuse to sell on the way down.

the same short sellers who are getting "mocked" right now are going to make out like bandits. time is on their side, no fucking way do the dweebs hang on to this shit indef and refuse to sell on the way down.

Too long to phone post, but I have read quite the opposite. Didn't they already fleece one hedge fund by $2.7billion? They had to take a loan out from citadel or something like that.

Either way, fingers crossed some hedge funds get nuked, fuck them.

would not touch GME with TexasBlake's dick, heck I won't even lotto it. Going to be some folks who blow up their accounts with this shit

I don't see how the SEC can do anything with Wall Street Bets, seems like a free speech issue to me, have to think Reddit is loving the extra traffic.

Traded OK for such a meh day on the market, pretty solid green, have BBBY and SAVA as overnight hold plays, and a few TSLA calls - earnings tomorrow, hoping for a run into the end of tomorrow, don't plan on holding through earnings

MSFT beat earnings, be interesting to see how it trades tomorrow, Might gap up in general as a result

IF you must touch GME, do not trade more than you can afford to lose. Potentially a T12 halt in it's future, and those option traders, and the Robin Hodlers are going to get burned. Badly burned.

Too long to phone post, but I have read quite the opposite. Didn't they already fleece one hedge fund by $2.7billion? They had to take a loan out from citadel or something like that.

Either way, fingers crossed some hedge funds get nuked, fuck them.

sure, maybe 2.7 B on the way up, now how many B will they recoup on the way down? this is a short term game for reddit, wall street will come out wildly on top

sure, maybe 2.7 B on the way up, now how many B will they recoup on the way down? this is a short term game for reddit, wall street will come out wildly on top

Oh for sure, they have each other and regulators to defeat the common man!! It's just more entertaining to sit back and read about than whatever BS my wife has on TV.

I bought at 80 yesterday but only 20 shares. Going to sell first thing in the morning. I don't see how the sec does anything but it is wild, its above 250 right now.

Got a question about a stock I currently hold

kinross gold Corp (kgc)

noticed after hours trade volume was extremely out of the ordinary.

da fuq?

photo44553.jpg

photo44554.jpg

With my luck it will drop below 80 by morning. I hardly ever hit on the quick day trades. Usually hold too long or not long enough. Thats why I'm taking my money and running this time.

Top Back Refresh