What's new

Stock Market 2021

I just hope not too many people get burned for money they can't afford to lose for playing along.

Wouldnt bother me a bit. I'd laugh if they all got burned trying to play get rich quick games. Being irresponsible should hurt.

so the young guy new hire at my work came in and asked us if we'd heard about this. I had GME up on the screen and he mentioned AMC. So we agreed to buy 1 AMC stock and good bad or ugly, it will be sold on Friday to see how it does :laughing: $13.75 down the drain, or possibly early retirement for me! :flipoff2:

Dumped most of my AMC a few moments ago. I was in it early Jan not anticipating that but looks like that may keep me net positive today on an otherwise mostly down day :p

Robinhood seems to be having some issues. Maybe because of server load?

Tried to do some simple things like create a list:
gzTJYbLh.png

(Untitled)

Is the Robinhood app GTG? Easy to use?

Never messed with "mah stonks" and a bit hesitant to get on the gamestop bandwagon but might throw a few bucks at the next wallstreetbets play lol.

Never messed with "mah stonks" and a bit hesitant to get on the gamestop bandwagon but might throw a few bucks at the next wallstreetbets play lol.

no, robinhood is not good to go :laughing:

apparently people didn't learn that well enough "when wall street fell" back with negative oil last year

Yes, Robinhood is easy to use. Pretty basic and intuitive.

On Wednesday, TD Ameritrade said it was restricting trading for GameStop (GME) and AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC), as well as other names, amid a triple-digit percentage surge in the value of those companies in recent days.

"In the interest of mitigating risk for our company and clients, we have put in place several restrictions on some transactions in $GME, $AMC and other securities," a spokeswoman for TD Ameritrade told MarketWatch, referring to the ticker symbols of the companies.

"We made these decisions out of an abundance of caution amid unprecedented market conditions and other factors," the spokeswoman said.

:laughing:

i'm glad i got my 1 AMC trade in! I'm up $0.20 so far :rasta: hopefully this measured slowing of volume doesn't burn me too bad, gotta make it to Friday :rasta:

Regulators have been mindful of the recent action, with William Galvin, the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, telling Barron's in an exclusive statement on Tuesday (https://www.barrons.com/articles/ga...gulator-says-51611705870?mod=hp_DAY_Theme_1_1) that he was watching the action play out.

"This is certainly on my radar," Galvin said. "I'm concerned, because it suggests that there is something systemically wrong with the options trading on this stock."

yup, got them State bois watching :rasta:

Sold for 350, didn't execute till the second pump of the day. Thought I was going to lose it all for an hour or so. Not a bad return for lose money sitting in my account not being used. Everything else I've been holding has been down for the week, biggest roi I have had since the plandemic.

I cashed out of all my stocks yesterday morning. Made an offer on a buildable lot, I’m way more comfortable with that than the funny money stocks with our current clown president.

Because I have no problem with a company that bets on other companies to lose their ass, losing their ass.

so if they turn around and short it again and recoup all their money, will you be upset at him? :laughing: gamestop with a $10B valuation is not sustainable

And this is why i have a hard time putting money into stocks or anything I can't physically see or touch. I would love a big windfall of free money... but there is always someone that is paying for it, and just feel like I would be paying for someone else's win.

so if they turn around and short it again and recoup all their money, will you be upset at him? :laughing: gamestop with a $10B valuation is not sustainable

how many valuations ARE sustainable (these days)? Not many.

And, bear in mind, this isn't a valuation based on 2000 dollars... they are based on how many rounds of monetary fuckery in the last 20 years? We're on QE-eleventy?

EDITED.

I'm sick to my stomach today. Bought AMC at 2.88 and sold at 4.80 last year around Thanksgiving. Then, bought 1500 shares at 2.00 three weeks ago and sold at 2.38 a week later because of the bankruptcy talk, plus I wanted to invest in the WOOF IPO. $24,000 just slipped through my hands. :barf:

I bought in Monday around 4.10 and sold at 7 yesterday thinking no way it would go higher... Hit almost $25 this morning pre-market.

how many valuations ARE sustainable (these days)? Not many.

And, bear in mind, this isn't a valuation based on 2000 dollars... they are based on how many rounds of monetary fuckery in the last 20 years? We're on QE-eleventy?

EDITED.

i mean, not gamestop at $10B :laughing:

Nope, not at all if thats the gamble they wanna make. Personally I think in order to sell a stock, you should own it, but whatevs

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/short-sellers-are-not-evil-but-they-are-misunderstood-2017-11-08

apparently Nokia and La Croix have also been caught up in the "reddit pump" so etrade is pushing this article again about why short sellers are a good thing in a healthy and fluid market :laughing:

(Untitled)

Tried setting up a robinhood, gave them all my info :eek: yet not a single confirmation email and trouble linking to bank (probably cause a shitload of other people are trying too). Idk maybe just me but lack of email confirmation didnt inspire alot of confidence, just deleted my account, meh :shrug: gonna sit this one out and just watch.

Tried setting up a robinhood, gave them all my info :eek: yet not a single confirmation email and trouble linking to bank (probably cause a shitload of other people are trying too). Idk maybe just me but lack of email confirmation didnt inspire alot of confidence, just deleted my account, meh :shrug: gonna sit this one out and just watch.

I've only had the most minor of delays using Etrade. pretty simple and feels as secure as anything else web-banking related. they do put a 3 day hold on new account fundings though to keep people from signing up and dumping money, akin to a 10 day gun buy lock :laughing:

but check out other things as well. heck, my bank apparently has a stock trade thing they run internally or partner with somebody else. 40 "free" trades every year. there are tons of platforms.

AMC got the squeeze too today - GME would have been a great ride for anyone holding close to the money calls two weeks ago

And this is why i have a hard time putting money into stocks or anything I can't physically see or touch. I would love a big windfall of free money... but there is always someone that is paying for it, and just feel like I would be paying for someone else's win.

You are talking about speculation, as are most of the people in this thread. Speculation is always risky. Investing is something alltogether different. You don't get rich quick with conservative stock market investing, but you can certainly grow wealth over the long haul.

dang, everything else tanked pretty hard in the last hour :laughing:

I added a bit more USB today as it was down ~5% and if WES starts off tomorrow about these levels, i'll buy more of that as well. "investing rather than speculation moves"

Because I have no problem with a company that bets on other companies to lose their ass, losing their ass.

This makes no sense. There is nothing wrong with analyzing a company and determining that it's a bad company. Poor management, dying industry, etc. There are definitely companies out there that don't deserve to stay in business operating the way they are. It's not like these short sellers aren't taking a risk. They take a big risk. A pure short sale play has unlimited loss potential. Unlimited.

dang, everything else tanked pretty hard in the last hour :laughing:

I added a bit more USB today as it was down ~5% and if WES starts off tomorrow about these levels, i'll buy more of that as well. "investing rather than speculation moves"

I sold all gold, half my mutual funds, and bought some SPY at close.

This makes no sense. There is nothing wrong with analyzing a company and determining that it's a bad company. Poor management, dying industry, etc. There are definitely companies out there that don't deserve to stay in business operating the way they are. It's not like these short sellers aren't taking a risk. They take a big risk. A pure short sale play has unlimited loss potential. Unlimited.

Whats not making sense to you?

I have no issue with people taking unlimited risks gambling on peoples livelihoods, but don't expect me not to LOL when that unlimited risk boogeyman comes to collect on dat ass.

Top Back Refresh