What's new

Stock Market 2021

My pot stocks are doing well.

:D I keep wondering if I should jump in on some myself. Anything I start watching fluctuates wildly/dives shortly after I discover it. Seems pretty volatile until there is Fed backing? Got any you are tracking?

:D I keep wondering if I should jump in on some myself. Anything I start watching fluctuates wildly/dives shortly after I discover it. Seems pretty volatile until there is Fed backing? Got any you are tracking?

I made some money off of TLRY in 2018. Has dropped quite a bit since then. Still watch it though.

I have shares of Cronos Group (CRON) & Aurora Cannabis ACB). Aurora has kinda sucked. They both went way down after I bought them, but Cronos has climbed back up above where I bought it. I must confess, I'm not very knowledgeable about investing. I threw a few hundred bucks at them and I just let them sit. I don't even look at the account more than about once every 3 month. YMMV

Last edited:
TSLA @ 880 Absolute insanity.

And yeah, I foresee someone quoting this post when it hits $1k.

TSLA @ 880 Absolute insanity.

And yeah, I foresee someone quoting this post when it hits $1k.

Agreed. Years ago I bought Tesla in the low 200s pre split. So I would be up 20x+ if I held it but I didn’t see the future. Anyways I threw some cash at some shares right before the split as a “so what let’s see what happens.” That was a few months ago and I am up 115% or so since. Crazy and way overvalued but the last 5+ years have taught people to not bet against Tesla. Normal valuations or rules don’t seem to apply.

I accidentally bought some stocks for a company called Plug Power. My shares cost me a little over $4 last February. Now it is over $50 per share. Wish I would have bought a lot more.

This hog is phatt, but wants to higher. I feel like I am playing catch with a unstable bomb.

yeah, makes ya wonder if the correction will be quick and stay low or a super volatile run down, similar to our super volatile run up we had after the cliff last year

Playing with Robinhood few months ago. Bought 1 share of Enphase for $5.26, now up to $205.21!
Hindsight is 20/20
shoulda,coulda,woulda

Playing with Robinhood few months ago. Bought 1 share of Enphase for $5.26, now up to $205.21!
Hindsight is 20/20
shoulda,coulda,woulda

wow, that's pretty damned good return! taking a cup of coffee and turning it into a full tank of gas :smokin:

Sold half my NIO shares on Friday guess I should of held on to all of it.

^^Thanks that gives me a couple to track.

I accidentally bought some stocks for a company called Plug Power. My shares cost me a little over $4 last February. Now it is over $50 per share. Wish I would have bought a lot more.

I owned some PLUG last year. I probably bought in a 'lil late and sold a 'lil early (probably didn't achieve the gains you did) but it did decent. Nice work....

I bought HEXO at a dollar and some more after the 4 to 1 RS at $4.00. I got tired of watching it lose ground and sold at $3.80 to invest somewhere else. Now, it's moving up to $4.90 and climbing. I have no patience, I guess. :bawling:

^^Thanks that gives me a couple to track.

I owned some PLUG last year. I probably bought in a 'lil late and sold a 'lil early (probably didn't achieve the gains you did) but it did decent. Nice work....

The CEO of PLUG is touting some big deal they recently made in South Korea, as well as the recently elected liberal majority in congress. I picked up a few more shares today hoping that it will really turn into something good.

happened to log in today and saw WES popped over 8%, so sold my 19 shares at 16.67. not bad for a week or two, I bought them at what seemed high at the time of 14.80 or so. Given my track record, i'll probably buy again when they go under $15 :rasta:

I got into some more of the Chinese EV stocks today with LI auto. Made about 9% in a couple hours. It doesn't seem like anything is going to stop the EV market right now.

Stonks only go up, especially EV stonks

Man I now look foolish for clearing some of my NIO options positions, of course it moves big the week of expiry. Left several tens of thousands of dollars on the table, and was waiting for a pullback to buy in again, no pull back and the recent NVDA news and it gapped up.

LI was a good day trade today, I just need it to close below 40 on Friday so I don't get called out on some covered calls I sold

XPEV totally killed it too, like 5 figure gains across my various accounts - even my long dead options came to life, hopefully continues tomorrow, but at least I will exit flat at worst (buy more time and closer to the money than I did)

Have quite a few positions expiring Friday, and some of them are not good at all, going to be a red day, but ...........
I have killed it this year so far, one red day, but several very strong green days. Day trade account hit an all time high around noon, and knocked on a really important milestone for me. Not far from adding another zero to the account.

Fucking SPY wicked me out twice, and like the degenerate I am I could not step away, so bled a little, but still way up on SPY for the year. Nice to see TSLA with a down day yesterday (several guys in the trade room made a ton on puts), and recover today, Will not be surprised to see TSLA $1K before the end of the quarter - DO NOT buy now if you are not already long.

TIGR been a great scalp trade the last couple days, let it open and settle, better if it opens red and goes green, buy at the R2G or on the pivot breakout and let it grind higher all day. Just a few thousand shares and returns of around $1K a day, nice wallet padder

BTBT big winner today - in around 17, out of most around 21, couple thousand shares and whammo.

SUNW, GEVO and TIGR as Overnight Hold trades - buy within last 15 minutes, sell within first 30 or 45 mins of open.

Word of Caution - market is moving on every stupid headline from DC, so manage your risk. I am at about 1/2 my normal position size, and my risk tolerance is a lot tighter than typical. Also adjust my stops on my swing and long term accounts daily, so IF/WHEN the correction comes, I can stop out and go mostly cash

I really wish I could put into words how much this market feels like 1999.

Do you mean 1999 a sharp increase and then a stagnate market for the next 7 years, or is there something else to see in 1999?

I mean the internet bubble. Absolutely everything made money in the 90s. Day traders were quitting their jobs to just trade stocks all day. When it popped the NASDAQ went from 5K to 1K.

I mean the internet bubble. Absolutely everything made money in the 90s. Day traders were quitting their jobs to just trade stocks all day. When it popped the NASDAQ went from 5K to 1K.

I was looking at the DOW, I was not playing with investments back then, so I am finding out all the time there is a big learning curve with all this.

It’s coming again, Robinhood traders are going to eaten alive. This is pretty epic bubble, at some point we get 50% GDP growth or the bubble pops. I’m betting we don’t hit 50% GDP growth. This run up since March is one for the record books. Some of us remember 99/2k , same shit different year.

Looking at Airlines as a long-term (at least a year, if not longer) hold. Doing some reading, but any strong reason to avoid American / AAL you guys see for long term hold? It's up a fair amount from the bottom, but still 40% below its previous 5% low. If it re-gains half that in 1-2 years I'm happy

AAL looks to have the biggest remaining potential upside, some of the others have recovered alot closer to their 5 year means

Question: I've got the majority of my etrade account in mutual funds that trade at the end of the day. They were random ones that I had picked off the "zacs top recommended mutual funds" list at different times earlier in 2020 and they've all gone up 40-60%. If the bottom falls out of the market over the course of a single day there isn't really a way to protect with something like a stop-limit correct? Should I look at selling everything once I've owned them for a year and then buying ETF's that I set with tight stop-losses?

Top Back Refresh