What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

i'm surprised the short course was closed. Did it look like they were working on it? I'm looking forward to the next two weekends, hopefully you have better luck on the short course. I'm not sure if the Hoosiers i ordered for my wife's car will arrive in time, but based on the weather i may just leave the maxxis bighorns on it lol.

They groomed the track on Friday and are keeping it closed until next Friday's practice so it doesn't get rutted up due to all the mud.

Now that I got some seat time in the car I'm ready for race day. After talking to Glen Hess last week I'm gonna skip the Pro class until I get my motor work done and race Expert N/A and 40+ N/A while I can. They don't let you race other classes if you run in a Pro class so for basically the same entry fee I can get double the seat time.

If it's sunny for the rest of the week the Hoosiers will work well. Grooving them some will definitely help though. I ran my Maxxis whatevers (4 stock rear tires) and they hooked up great in the sloppy parts and the tacky stuff that was out on the long course. I'll be bringing both sets this weekend.

I honestly have zero worries about the scratched up fender, cage and zip tied flare. I built it to be a racecar and expect it to get some bumps and bruises. Looks don't win races, driving on the edge does. :smokin:

Are you guys and girls going to be there on Friday for practice?

Last edited:
Welp...... Tomorrow is the big day. :smokin:

I've been on the road all week and didn't get to do anything, including wash it before I left. Was supposed to be on site today as well so I decided to drive 3hrs home yesterday afternoon so I could get it ready. Brought it to the shop and powerwashed it for 4hrs straight. Fuuuuuck I hate mud. Wife was nice enough to come to the shop and clean out the trailer while I was washing the car. Tonight when I get home I have to reinstall the seat, belts and doors and it will be good to go. I signed up for 2 classes, with 2 motos for each class, so I'm going to get lots of seat time in. Hopefully I can keep it out of the fence this week. :laughing:

Did I mention I HATE mud?

20210301_203754.jpg

20210301_203807.jpg

Have you got tear offs or one of those roller jobbies for race day?

Have you got tear offs or one of those roller jobbies for race day?

Yes sir. I even picked up an extra pack yesterday on my way home. I wore my MX helmet and goggles on Sunday and managed to go through 20 tear-offs just practicing. And I was the only one on track. :eek:

Track should be decently dry tomorrow. It's been sunny and in the 70s all week.

Yes sir. I even picked up an extra pack yesterday on my way home. I wore my MX helmet and goggles on Sunday and managed to go through 20 tear-offs just practicing. And I was the only one on track. :eek:

Track should be decently dry tomorrow. It's been sunny and in the 70s all week.

I know what Texas rain can be like and that's just the sort of shit that'll happen come race day :lmao:

Cold Front!

Looks like shit now, still supposed to be nice tomorrow. Can't make it we have a high school fishing tournament at Ray Roberts.

Good luck!

what time is go time tomorrow? trying to plan my day.

Races start at 9am. If they go by the race order posted in February I'll be in race 2 & 9 in the first moto, and race 13 & 20 in the second moto.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20210305-160109_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	333342

Wife and I will be there hanging out around the trailer when I'm not out on the track. Your more than welcome to bring chairs and a cooler and hang out with us for the day. That goes for anyone else who might happen to be there.

Holy potato pic batman :lmao:

:flipoff2:

Zoomed in like a mofo so you can see me. :flipoff2:

Slight problem........ Car shuts off randomly. Happened 3 times in the first race and I still managed to finish 16th out of 24 cars. Checking all my electrical connections now.

:confused:

Zoomed in like a mofo so you can see me. :flipoff2:

Slight problem........ Car shuts off randomly. Happened 3 times in the first race and I still managed to finish 16th out of 24 cars. Checking all my electrical connections now.

:confused:

Fingers crossed you can sort it.

sorted!

Added extra oil and it was good.

Got the holeshot and led 3.75 laps of 4 in the Vet class.. Got passed in the last corner cause I was getting comfortable not seeing any cars around me..... :shaking: I'm still completely fucking happy with the results though!!!! :smokin:

Fawkin :smokin:

Awesome result, well done that man.

Was it some sort of low oil protection causing the cut outs?

And now for the recap of race 2 yesterday.......

Came out of the gate in 2nd place and was gaining on the leader until we both got to a "water/mud" hazard at the back of the track that wasn't there the previous race. We both slid right off the track and got tangled up. Shortly after, a few more guys came piling into us. Someone tagged me in the rear and got me untangled from the mess. I whipped the car around and got back on the track in second to last place out of 14 cars. I drove it like I stole it the remainder of the race and managed to fight my way up to fifth before the checkered flag. The entire time I was out there after the crash the car felt weird. Ass end kept kicking out to the right over jumps and made the landings interesting. I figured it was a tire going down or something but had zero intention of pulling off the track until the car physically wouldnt move anymore. Never happened so I just kept going. Climbed out of the car in the pits after the race and found this mess in the LR suspension.......

Click image for larger version Name:	20210306_181014.jpg Views:	0 Size:	834.7 KB ID:	335210

Rear upper trailing arm is toast! The lower radius rod is bent pretty good also but I'll just adjust it out until I can get another one on there. Round 2 of the series is next Saturday and I need one of those upper arms ASAP!!! Both my local dealers are closed Monday so I can't check on getting one until Tuesday morning. I'm totally stressing out about this right now. It's gonna SUCK HUGE BALLS to miss the race due to lack of parts. That will also kill my points chase chances. Fuuuuuck!!

JSport SxS sells aftermarket uppers for $670 plus shipping but I really can't justify the price or the added weight of .120 wall arms. If those are the only ones I can get my hands on before Friday that may end up being my only option though.

Other than that slight mishap in race 2 I can't be happier with the car. It's fast, handles amazing and straight off the trailer is a front runner in its class. I'm super excited to see what the rest of the season brings and can't wait to get back out there!

:smokin:

Fuck you weren't kidding about that class being dominated by Yamaha's. They're badass, but the rear suspension is nowhere near your R rear suspension. Not sure how much that comes into play in short course though.

As far as the arm, pull it off, straighten it and add some steel. It won't be pretty, but it will get you through until you can get a replacement.

Last edited:
Sucks balls that you could be let down by something out of your control. Beef one thing and you'll end up breaking the next bit up the line but by the same token if you'd bent that a bit more it could have damaged the CVs, axle or diff I suppose. So certainly looking forward to how you balance robustness and lightness.

Awesome start to season regardless :smokin:

Oh, and the Hoosiers tires combined with the Double E Racing suspension package was a great choice for me. I could toss my car harder into the corners than any car in my class. Many tried but most bicycled and ended up on their roofs. :laughing:

I can't thank George at Double E Racing enough for the magic he worked on my shocks. My car drives and feels like an F1 car out there now. It stayed flat and predictable no matter what I threw at it. Can't ask for much more than that. :smokin:

Fuck you weren't kidding about that class being dominated by Yamaha's. They're badass, but the rear suspension is nowhere near your R rear suspension. Not sure how much that comes into play in short course though.

All built Yamaha's and a Polaris RS-1 in that class, and most were Pro class caliber builds with big money into them. They still had nothing for my stock motored Talon. Seems like alot of the Vet class guys are trying to make up for lack of talent by pouring money into the cars. And then I showed up......

:lmao:

Top Back Refresh