What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

All built Yamaha's and a Polaris RS-1 in that class, and most were Pro class caliber builds with big money into them. They still had nothing for my stock motored Talon. Seems like alot of the Vet class guys are trying to make up for lack of talent by pouring money into the cars. And then I showed up......

:lmao:

You should feel bad for beating up on all those old guys just trying to have fun :flipoff2:

Was an enjoyable and enlightening afternoon. Really pissed that I couldn't stay for the last race. What time did it finally go off? Getting the car banged up sucks, hope you can get the parts quick. I won't be there next weekend I have to be in Houston Friday morning with kids shooting and won't make back till late Saturday. But I be out there again soon. Good luck next weekend!!

Any chance you can just patch that control arm?
Maybe build a jog off the right side and scab some tubing on the old one to get you going?

Was an enjoyable and enlightening afternoon. Really pissed that I couldn't stay for the last race. What time did it finally go off? Getting the car banged up sucks, hope you can get the parts quick. I won't be there next weekend I have to be in Houston Friday morning with kids shooting and won't make back till late Saturday. But I be out there again soon. Good luck next weekend!!

Wife and I enjoyed the company Saturday. You are welcome to stop by anytime.

I'll get the parts problem figured out one way or another. There is no way in hell im going to miss the race Saturday, I had way to much fun out there! :smokin:

Any chance you can just patch that control arm?
Maybe build a jog off the right side and scab some tubing on the old one to get you going?

I'm going to pull it off tonight and see if I can get that bend out of the back part of the arm. The rest of it still looks OK(ish) If I can get it decently straight, I'll weld a piece of angle onto the tube and call it good enough. Worst case I'll scab some tube in there like you suggested to get me by for a week.

After next Saturdays race I'll have a month to come up with some new arms. Just sucks it had to happen the first weekend of back to back race weekends. Oh well, that's just racing.

Problem solved!

I emailed Raceco this morning asking about purchasing a single lower radius rod. Jamie's reply only asked for my shipping address. Sent him the info expecting an invoice next. I told him straight out I was in a crash that bent the arm. Next email I recieved was from UPS stating I have a shipment coming from Raceco-USA on Thursday. I never in a million years expected to get one for free! I can't thank Jamie Campbell @RaceCoUSA enough for his generosity!!! :smokin:

As far as the LR upper goes..... I decided to bite the bullet and order an aftermarket set from J-Sport SxS. Wasn't cheap but they had them in stock and ready to ship today, so I did what I had to do.

Why didn't someone tell me racing was addictive and expensive before I started this big adventure?
:lmao:

I appreciated the hospitality. You can fab that arm up no problem. My youngest daughter watched the videos I took out there and now thinks that is something she needs to try. Thanks alot:D:D Like she needed more ways to go through money. Hell she just got a 3k shotgun a month ago. I don't even want think about race supplies. Anyway push em out of your way till you are first next weekend. I will keep tabs on you from here. Good luck:smokin:
​​​​​​
​​​

I appreciated the hospitality. You can fab that arm up no problem. My youngest daughter watched the videos I took out there and now thinks that is something she needs to try. Thanks alot:D:D Like she needed more ways to go through money. Hell she just got a 3k shotgun a month ago. I don't even want think about race supplies. Anyway push em out of your way till you are first next weekend. I will keep tabs on you from here. Good luck:smokin:
​​​​​​
​​​

Better not let her meet tribal4krawler's wife and daughter. That is guaranteed to cost you a boatload of money! :laughing:

Replacement parts will be here tomorrow.

Can't thank Raceco and J-Sport enough for getting my parts out ASAP on Monday so I could race again this Saturday!

Now that I have the track layout memorized I think I'll do much better this week. Not that 5th overall for the day in my first ever SxS race is anything to be mad about. :smokin:

Oh, and I've been on the road for work since 4am Monday morning and it's not looking good for me to make it back home before Friday. I'm going to have to bust some ass Friday night so I can be GTG first thing Saturday.

Last edited:
Wife just called and said my parts are at the house, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be done with this job I'm on today and will be home later this evening. WOOO-FUCKIN-HOOO!!!!

:smokin:

Dammit Chris it I wasn't stuck here in Houston I'd come over and help or at least watch and encourage. Good luck Saturday!! Watch out for the bob wire:lmao::lmao: Hey do they stream this thing so I can watch from here?

Dammit Chris it I wasn't stuck here in Houston I'd come over and help or at least watch and encourage. Good luck Saturday!! Watch out for the bob wire:lmao::lmao: Hey do they stream this thing so I can watch from here?

Thanks! I got the bent LR parts changed after work today. Tomorrow I'll throw the RR upper arm on it, give it a quick alignment and it should be as good to go.

Texplex has what they call a "live feed" but all it is is a web cam mounted about waist high on a pole behind the starting line. It's a pretty crappy view but I'll post a link. Maybe it will get better as the season progresses?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6SK8...k6mB0bxNNAcAmla1iSBwUyJtNAFZtZ8r0vxzKu18I-bhs

Out with the old bent stuff and in with the new......

20210311_192239.jpg

20210311_192223.jpg

Slumming over here among the big $$$$ racers.......

Click image for larger version Name:	20210313_094519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	536.7 KB ID:	342378
Click image for larger version Name:	20210313_100814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	455.2 KB ID:	342379

Do these toter homes grow on trees somewhere or is everyone but me who races a SxS filthy freakin rich? :confused:

Top Back Refresh