What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Well........ I fucking won my morning race. :smokin::grinpimp::smokin::grinpimp::smokin::grinpimp:

Came out of the gate second, followed the dude in first for 2 laps to learn the track and then started racin'. I passed him in the last turn on the final lap for the win......

Screenshot_20210313-124216_Samsung Internet.jpg

2nd place is first looser. :flipoff2:

Just giving you shit, that's awesome ! Good job for your second race.

I bet people on the starting like are wondering who TF is this dude that came from nowhere with a non-standard car and is waxing their asses :laughing:

Texplex Round 2 Recap:

So..... This week was fawkin awesome and absolutely sucked at the same time. I started the day off with a last lap, last corner pass and won my heat. :smokin: I got 2nd gate pick for the main because I was in heat 2, and lined up to the left of the winner (#04) in heat 1. Green drops and myself and the 04 pull ahead with him leading and me in 2nd out of 18 cars on track and took the fuck off on them.. I stay behind him for the first couple laps to feel him out to see where I will be able to pass him to take the lead. I start racin' and we swapped the lead a couple times over the next lap and a half. I'd catch and pass him going into the corners and he would big motor past me anywhere there was a decent straight. We take the white flag and a corner or so later catch the fucking moron who is battling himself for dead last in the Vet turbo class that started 1min ahead of us...... :shaking: We follow this swerving moron through a few corners and the 04 bearly sneaks by in a quick left turn. I set the moron up for a pass in the very next next bowl turn going low so I can stay with the 04 and this dude drives from the fucking top of the bowl to the bottom and slams into the LF or my car and sends us into the infield. IM NOT IN YOUR CLASS YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!! Both cars are now completely locked together. My bumper or something was hooked into his right nerf bar and I think I was on top of his RR tire. I threw it in reverse and floored it. Fuckstick was still stuck to me. I slammed it in drive and floored it and he was still stuck. He finally refired his turd and floored it in reverse at the same moment I floored it in reverse again. By some miracle my car came off his and I took off. Figured it was over and a bunch of cars got by me while I was stuck. I pull back on track and see a white and blue Yamaha thats in my class go by. I'm like screw this, I'll at least pass him so I'm not the retard in dead last. Mind you, I just crashed the fuck out of my car and tried to use it as a monster truck to run over fuckstick, so I had no idea what the damage was. I kinda thought it was bad but between the rage and not wanting to finish dead last I went for it. Hucked it over the big tabletop and instantly caught the Yamaha and passed him. A few corners later I took the checkered flag. Pulled off the track and drove to the far end of pit road to pick up my wife and I see her in the middle of the road doing a happy dance. Im fuming mad cause I crashed and this bitch is doing a fucking happy dance??? :mad3: I had thoughts of running her over for a split second. :laughing: I pull up and she tells me I finished 2nd...... I'm like nope, didn't happen, I crashed on the last lap and the field got by me. *I didn't actually see if anyone passed me or not, I was facing the inside of the corner and just assumed that with how long I was tangled up with fuckstick I got passed by everyone except the Yamaha. She proceeded to tell me that Yamaha that I passed shortly after the crash was in 3rd and that the 04 and I absolutely walked away from the field right from the start. :eek: Instantly happy again. :smokin:

Car wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be damage wise, front bumper is trashed and I somehow managed to damage the LF brake line. Easy fixes. The guy in the 04 pointed that out the brake line when we were on the podium. Good thing I bought aftermarket braided lines! There is no way the stock rubber hose wold have taken an impact like that and not blown completely out. Hats off to American Star Manufacting for making a solid product.

Click image for larger version Name:	20210313_172514.jpg Views:	0 Size:	661.5 KB ID:	343080

Click image for larger version Name:	20210313_172500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	698.3 KB ID:	343081

Click image for larger version Name:	20210313_172514.jpg Views:	0 Size:	661.5 KB ID:	343080

Last edited:
Kick ass Chris!! Wish that I pcould seen it. When is the next one?

Thanks man! The next race is April 17th. As much as I'd like to get right back out there next weekend, I'm looking forward to having a month off. Between work travel and racing these last few weeks I'm beat.

I'll probably go down there and practice one of these weekends before the next race. If I do I'll send you a PM.

Sounds fun. I know you’ve been trying to talk me into it but I’m going to have to come down there and race that place.

What tires did stupid fuckstick have that he was on an ice skating rink while you’re running on rails? Definitely don’t want his garbage.

Sounds fun. I know you’ve been trying to talk me into it but I’m going to have to come down there and race that place.

What tires did stupid fuckstick have that he was on an ice skating rink while you’re running on rails? Definitely don’t want his garbage.

I hope you get a chance to get over here and race. Its way to much fun to not do it at least once this season. :smokin:

Fuckstick (#11x, S3 car :mad3:) was running some kind of regular UTV dirt tire. Those type of tires don't work at all on the Texplex clay. Track gets blue grooved like a dirt circle track. Forward bite is your friend, side bite is your worst enemy out there and makes for a miserable day of racing. If you are not running Hoosiers or the Maxxis SC-1's, you are not going fast at Texplex. I don't think there was a single car on the podium yesterday that wasn't running Hoosiers or SC-1's. Kids class excluded....

I bet people on the starting like are wondering who TF is this dude that came from nowhere with a non-standard car and is waxing their asses :laughing:

Funny you mentioned that..... The only people I even sort of know at the track is tribal4krawler and his family. After I won my heat race I had random racers keep coming up to my trailer asking where I'm from (I have a heavy Boston accent so they must have assumed or was hoping I wasn't local) and if I'm going to be racing the full season here. None of them looked impressed when I told them I live in the area and will be here for every race.

2nd UTV race of my entire life and I'm already a "topic of discussion" in my class. :lmao: :smokin:

​​​​​​​

Canceled the bumper order. It's on backorder indefinitely with no estimate of when it will be back in stock. :shaking: I should probably just throw a new aluminum bumper on and call it done. They are light as fuck....

On a positive note, American Star Manufacting, the company I bought my braided brake line kit from stepped up big time and offered to send me a replacment LF brake line, plus a complete set of new brake lines for free so that I can have spares on hand throughout the year. Pretty fawkin cool of them to offer that up in exchange for putting stickers on my car. :smokin:

Canceled the bumper order. It's on backorder indefinitely with no estimate of when it will be back in stock. :shaking: I should probably just throw a new aluminum bumper on and call it done. They are light as fuck....

Given your fab work level, I'd say you can totally build a bumper that would look just like the one you showed us.

Make it out of AL if you can weld it, if not find a local welder who can, or bring it to Tribe and have them do it ?

I was about to ask why you would order a simple bumper like that, (after all the tube work you've done), but I'm guessing aluminum work isn't on your skill set yet?

Given your fab work level, I'd say you can totally build a bumper that would look just like the one you showed us.

Make it out of AL if you can weld it, if not find a local welder who can, or bring it to Tribe and have them do it ?

I'm good with steel but have no experience bending or welding aluminum. I can definitely build a steel bumper like the one I ordered but it's busy season at work right now and I'm on the road and away from home 4-5 days a week. I don't have time for a project like that.

I'm actually glad it wasn't in stock. I started a thread asking about light weight wheels n shit to go faster and then ordered a steel bumper to replace an aluminum one that weights about 6 pounds....
:homer:

I'll try another aluminum one. If I stop hitting shit with it, it will probably last longer than 2 races this time. :laughing:

I'm good with steel but have no experience bending or welding aluminum. I can definitely build a steel bumper like the one I ordered but it's busy season at work right now and I'm on the road and away from home 4-5 days a week. I don't have time for a project like that.

I'm actually glad it wasn't in stock. I started a thread asking about light weight wheels n shit to go faster and then ordered a steel bumper to replace an aluminum one that weights about 6 pounds....
:homer:

I'll try another aluminum one. If I stop hitting shit with it, it will probably last longer than 2 races this time. :laughing:

All these guys in your class are guaranteed looking into your past to see if you were some sort of pro racer. They think you're sand bagging the class i bet:laughing:

With more motor you'll be leaving them behind by the sounds of it. Just gotta keep out of the bobbed wire:lmao:

Good luck, looks like a blast, and I'm jealous.
Now to figure out a way to buy and build one of these things:eek:My wife is gonna kill me

Understand that.

Maybe drop it off at Tribe and have them build you a titanium one ? Add Carbon-Kevlar skid plate for maximum strength/weight gains. In my mind it would look bitchin' :grinpimp:

A new Honda Racing aluminum front bumper, a complete spare set of braided brake lines (Thanks American-Star Mfg. :smokin:), LF axle seal and greaseable U-joints for the center driveshaft will all be here Monday or Tuesday. I'm still looking at GoPros and mounts but will probably order one soon.

I have to pull back the front diff to get the driveshaft out to swap the U joints, and pull the axles to change the seals so I think I'm going to order a RB-3 billet rack from J Sport SxS this week. Front diff has to be moved to get the rack in and out so I may as well do it while I'm in there.

2021-jsportsxs-rb3-talon-rack-web-14-min-min.jpg

Last edited:
BUMP Did you die? No race this past weekend? Come on man I'm living my wanna be race car driver life vicariously through you right now! :flipoff2:

Does stuck in OKC working this week count as dead? :laughing:

Next race is April 17th. They are once a month from February until November with one being a 2 day event. We only had back to back race weekends because the February race was postponed due to the Texas snowpocalypse so they decided to run it the weekend before round 2 to save the Pro teams from across the country travel time. Most just camped at the track for the week.

Guess it's time to update the thread.......

I brought it to work and gave it a good steam cleaning the other week. I finally got all the mud out of it from the first day I tested it and hit the barbed wire fence. :shaking: I bet I cleaned out 30lbs of clay when I dropped the skid plates. Should be quicker now, right? :laughing:

20210321_192830.jpg
20210321_192813.jpg
20210314_165755.jpg

And then all this happened.......

20210325_203205.jpg

20210325_203125.jpg

20210325_215027.jpg

I ended up ordering that billet rack from J Sport SxS, and I wanted to change the U-Joints to a greaseable setup so stripped the front end down this past weekend to get ready forvthe new stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on that new rack so I can drool on it for a while before it gets hidden in the chassis! My wife said it came in today........ Would it be a dick move to video call her so she can open up the box and show me the awesomeness? :laughing:

And then all this happened.......

I ended up ordering that billet rack from J Sport SxS, and I wanted to change the U-Joints to a greaseable setup so stripped the front end down this past weekend to get ready forvthe new stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on that new rack so I can drool on it for a while before it gets hidden in the chassis! My wife said it came in today........ Would it be a dick move to video call her so she can open up the box and show me the awesomeness? :laughing:

no, not a dick move, and somehow copy the video to post here :grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh