What's new

Siberian Express....

This and heat lamp or even regular old bulb

It's what I run in our well house.

I'm new to actual cold weather and just discovered these. Pretty sweet for a few bucks. Kick on below 40*?

I didn't see a point for me since it would just be on from mid October untill March:laughing:

I'm new to actual cold weather and just discovered these. Pretty sweet for a few bucks. Kick on below 40*?

I didn't see a point for me since it would just be on from mid October untill March:laughing:
It's for my well house that is well insulated and below ground.

The other shit is on timers. like cable de-icers and de-icing pads for the steps.

SE OKLAHOMA here looking @ temps in the teens here before noon, single digits by dark. Heaters in shop on with plenty of propane to make sure of no water breaks. Camper is covered also. Just enough to keep shit from busting pipes. This is going to suck donkey balls for a few days. Food, beer and backup gensets all good. Guess I will eat drink cook and hangout inside.

Well I got bit today. I had a shattered water pipe, it's cpvc and it literally shattered, GF threw it out during the repair so no pics but it was impressive. I capped it off with a sharkbite again and again until I finally just went back a good 10 feet and finally got beyond all the carnage'

Weather forecast is a warming from 40 below to 40 above with rain over the next couple of days:shaking:

Little chilly here this morning, but, gonna warm up to a whole 5 degrees later.

Attachments

• B7FC4627-FEAA-49AA-B640-703FBCBF7310.png
    B7FC4627-FEAA-49AA-B640-703FBCBF7310.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 4
Not sure what is going on but at 7.00 the windshields weren't even frozen, it is windy as fuck though for sure.
It says 24 outside now just weird no frost?

Not sure what is going on but at 7.00 the windshields weren't even frozen, it is windy as fuck though for sure.
I would have bet money the humidity was stupid low this morning. It was pleasant at 40. My weather app says 99% though so I have no idea. No dew or frost this morning.

Balmy compared to some of you guys, but I'll take 39 and rain any day over this..
B7EEB69E-8497-4047-A187-6760E7C5FBE4.png

I thought that was weird also. Yesterday morning in Arkansas it was 28 and my windshield was frozen solid. Went out to warm my truck up at 6am this morning at the house and no frost.

I would have bet money the humidity was stupid low this morning. It was pleasant at 40. My weather app says 99% though so I have no idea. No dew or frost this morning.
Lesson for those in the south:

Relative humidity is, well, relative to the temperature. The colder it is, the less moisture that can be held in suspension, thus the higher percentage with dry conditions.

Example: 85*, relative humidity 50%, comfortable. 32*, relative humidity 100%, dry. That 32*/100% is much drier, since the air cannot hold as much moisture.

Absolute humidity is the only equivalent measure of humidity, but it isn't measured in percentage, rather in grams per cubic meter (g/m3). At 32*, there can be a maximum of 5 g/m3, whereas at 85*, the max is approximately 30 g/m3, or 6 times the moisture content. So 100% at 32 = about 17% at 85*.

Make sense?:flipoff2:

looks like we made it over the hump. -38c this morning and going to be warming up through the next couple days. all the way up to + 6 c by Monday. good thing too, the low fuel light came on in the car yesterday and I don't want to be filling up at -30 :lmao:

there was some FB chatter about local fuel stations still having summer diesel and lots of trucks with probs. Not that my truck has moved at all during this cold spell, but it still has some Power Stop addititve that I put in myself, just in case I did need it. Going to be all set to take the Argo out over xmas holidays :smokin:

Currently 10* snowing and windy. Not too bad. Just read the governor is declaring a state of emergency :confused::homer: gotta get that fed money :barf::mad3:

DRTDEVIL Example: 85*, relative humidity 50%, comfortable. 32*, relative humidity 100%, dry. That 32*/100% is much drier, since the air cannot hold as much moisture.
Be that as it may; two of the coldest times in my life were
-35* with no wind chill in Meeker CO in 1991
and
35* with 100% humidity in Chrystal River FL

Warmed up to 40* here

-40 this morning with a slight wind (-50). our gas had an issue yesterday, got home from work and it was a bit chilly inside, all pilots out (dual furnaces and hot water tank). We're at the end of a line across the two quarters, guessing we had some condensate in the line. Got them up then my one furnace was being a c u next tuesday, so at 1130pm had it ripped apart playing hvac guy. working this morning thankfully.

Jesus fuck I hate the weathermen. They sit there and blow shit out of proportion all week and then nothing. Happens everytime. 16+ inches snowmageddon is comming. Schools canceled the day before.

The day comes and we get 3-4” stupid over hyping assholes. There is no wonder I stopped watching the weather these days.

Fucking weatherguessers SUCK!

!

I swear to fuck i could do a better job than them (in my area) 90% of the time just by saying... "Yup, gonna be Sunny and breezy today":flipoff:

Top Back Refresh