What's new

Siberian Express....

dang

I always wonder how the poor wildlife make it in this type of cold

deer/elk don't have the warm fuzzy coats, and same with cows and horses

feel bad for them
They turn their backs to the wind and huddle together to share warmth, with the young in the middle. They are constantly shifting so that no one animal takes the brunt of the cold

I wonder how these hummingbirds survive here, high today was 19. 3 of them were waiting on the porch railing this morning for me to bring the feeder out when I got up. It was 14 then and they still seem to have enough energy to attack each other.

It was 17 one morning on the convoy. Slept great in my RTT. It’s gonna be -1 here on Sat morning.
Time to go camping!

It's 2 here in NE Ok at the moment. We still have a temp. I fear we'll hit 0 and then we won't have a temp anymore. :flipoff2:

Edit: tried to start the 79 and even with a battery tender to keep the battery good the 460 said "fuck you, call me in a few days" :lmao:
the 400 in the 78 lit right off.

had to do it 3 times to get it to stay, but away she went :flipoff2:

edit: "feel like -1" wind is cutting, but the rest of the temperatures aren't so bad

dang

I always wonder how the poor wildlife make it in this type of cold

deer/elk don't have the warm fuzzy coats, and same with cows and horses

feel bad for them

They acclimate to the cold, but big swings will kill off some. A night of 20 to 40 below has to be rough when you're used to +10 to +20*

Our deer have pretty fuzzy coats this time of year :laughing:

Whats crazy to me is the turkey's, they're like everywhere around here so they obviously do well. I don't know how they get around and eat in 2 feet plus of snow. Then roosting up in trees at night seems even colder?

I don't think they can shed and build a thicker coat like a furry critter either, but don't migrate south like bitch ass water foul. (actually saw a duck in the river yesterday, not sure what he was doing :laughing:)

There was a river in my backyard yesterday.

613D26C4-0B3C-46DF-9E04-C1885D310783.jpeg

As long as they don't get wet first they can survive if they get soaked first then your going to have losses.
Years ago I used a hot water washer to clean large parts at night, I learned real quick to appreciate the ice that built up on my apron and pants legs, since it blocked the wind off my torso!

That's minus 52 Fahrenheit. -52 Not counting or adding wind chill. Where teh fook are you ?
1 1\2 hrs. N.E. of Calgary in Canada's mini version of a grand canyon in the middel of the flat prairies, not uncommon to get unreal cold temps that stick in the valley for week or more while everything "up top" is 20 degrees or more warmer. And the flip in the summer, also not uncommon to have shit like +47c on my covered deck melting everythang.
2020-08-17_18-07-50_437.jpg

Local station made the sports guy stand out in the cold for no good reason, he wasnt a fan

dont know how to embed, dont give a fuck :homer:

swing and a miss again, I hope you are drinking tonight at least you have an excuse if you are

It's OK, I got it.

Obviously we know fucking animals survive the cold or they wouldn't exist :homer::laughing:

It's like the same people who try to explain when someone says "how in the fuck do you eat that stuff?"

insert ackchuwllly meme :flipoff2:

I went to bed last night and it was -10, and woke up to 4-5” of snow and -19 temp. Time to put the too cold to snow myth to rest, surprised the shit out of me to see it.

Top Back Refresh