What's new

Siberian Express....

A starting time we were in low 40s all week. In the 50s in the afternoon. Perfect winter work weather. In the mornings all the houses and yards are sparkling with ice, which is kind of a novelty around here. Our local economy would shut down if it hit zero around here

We usually have to lure the outside cat in during bad weather. Today she came in on her own and is in bed under the covers. :laughing:
We have 1 cat I'll allow inside. She usually comes in for the night and hangs out. She wants nothing to do with inside right now. Go figure. :lmao:

The dogs on the other hand, they just hang by the fire being lazy.

We usually have to lure the outside cat in during bad weather. Today she came in on her own and is in bed under the covers. :laughing:
I had a part Maine Coon cat, hairy beast that slept on top of the covers no matter how cold it got in the MH, then one night he woke me up working his way under the covers! Not sure how cold it was, it was a week end and I had run out of propane I know outside temp was near zero.

I had a part Maine Coon cat, hairy beast that slept on top of the covers no matter how cold it got in the MH, then one night he woke me up working his way under the covers! Not sure how cold it was, it was a week end and I had run out of propane I know outside temp was near zero.
11*

So far nothing. Checked the traffic cameras as far west as Toledo and it doesn't look too bad there yet either.

Lake effect usually blows over me here on the south shore, not even too worried about that.

Statewide emergency by Kickback Kathy... Something about the snow? storm by Henrietta NY to the Pa line. And NY State Police declared an emergency for motorists to stay off roads in North country. Meanwhile on the east coast/shoreline, bomb cyclone winds will "wreak havoc on power lines" & flooding warnings everywhere.

Just windy here at °38 so far-

Not really, that's the way it works, they spent millions of dollars to lower the cooling water dumped back in the canal IIRC they said 10 degrees to lower the fish kill. I helped pull miles of cable on those towers.

47*
wind at 9-10 out of the west
feels like 42*
As a side note I’d be interested in how installing cables on the towers cools the water ?

48* drop over 12-15 hours forecast for Thursday night, with some rain or ice to boot. Brine trucks will porbably be out by lunchtime tomorrow, and the grocery and liquor stores will be packed.

drop.jpg
What app is this from ?

They missed the snow amounts by a bunch. Which I’m ok with.
Par the course concerning forecasts, which is no new news and it's nationwide on being way off. Second best job on being able to make money and be wrong 70% of the time. Baseball being the first.

It was 2° when I got to work last Monday. Looking a lot better for going through Christmas weekend

BE24DBFC-A62C-4721-9D41-A76FDFFF7238.jpeg

I haven't read the entire thread so maybe this has already been mentioned, But.. With all of the 24/7 weather coverage on every single channel, has Global Warming been brought up? I mean, you'd think the Lefty's would be taking a victory lap for defeating it, making all of those Trillions of dollars they collected justified. Right?
I wonder how the EV's are doing in this mess. Imagine if we were all switched over to EV's and this happened, all of those chargers running would overwhelm the grid in a heartbeat. Hmmm.

-9 with a -36 wind chill here. First time the pup has seen snow. Was entertaining to watch for a minute... until I quickly realized that a robe was not the best attire to standing there in. :laughing:

As a side note I’d be interested in how installing cables on the towers cools the water ?
They called them towers, they were really very large rectangular swamp coolers with 4 fans on top.

8* here almost no wind out of the NE

Made it all the up to 0* this morning! :laughing:

I haven't read the entire thread so maybe this has already been mentioned, But.. With all of the 24/7 weather coverage on every single channel, has Global Warming been brought up? I mean, you'd think the Lefty's would be taking a victory lap for defeating it, making all of those Trillions of dollars they collected justified. Right?
I wonder how the EV's are doing in this mess. Imagine if we were all switched over to EV's and this happened, all of those chargers running would overwhelm the grid in a heartbeat. Hmmm.

They switched to climate change years ago, keep up! :flipoff2:

Is that normal for there? Didn't think you guys dipped that low
Not normal at all. We do get cold weather, but cold for the south not like this. I don't mind at all, have the Ashley a roaring and nice and toasty.

Fuckin weather guessers :shaking:

AD9202CF-3D4A-4277-995E-4D318242DBE4.png

7E2CEE62-D04E-4F6F-8D0C-94D04ECF6624.jpeg
Yup.
EVERYONE had us forecast to be around 18-20. Nothing to worry about so i didnt think twice to check the heating lamp in the wellhouse last night.
Walked out the house this morning and said the EXACT same thing when I realized it was MUCH colder than 20.

Got in the car and it said 4. wunderground said "feels like -6" :mad3: Luckily doesn't look like the well froze up.

Not bad here, little rain and temps started the day in the low 50's, starting to drop now, around 46 , cloudy and no rain yet.

Yup.
EVERYONE had us forecast to be around 18-20. Nothing to worry about so i didnt think twice to check the heating lamp in the wellhouse last night.
Walked out the house this morning and said the EXACT same thing when I realized it was MUCH colder than 20.

Got in the car and it said 4. wunderground said "feels like -6" :mad3: Luckily doesn't look like the well froze up.
As long as the wind doesn't blow from the NE our water is generally good, went a head and dripped a fawcett last night

Top Back Refresh