What's new

Self defense shooting "to stop the threat".

Only read the first page so I'm not sure where this thread is now, but I refuse to answer any such question on a public forum, I advise others to follow my example in case you ever find yourself in a situation where you have protect yourself or family.

I shot both. they both go to the same place on the target, where I’m aiming.

Once those hollow points gets to be about three years old, I’ll rotate in some fresh stuff and get rid of the old stuff at the range
Gravel pit, etc
Every recertification :beer:

Only read the first page so I'm not sure where this thread is now, but I refuse to answer any such question on a public forum, I advise others to follow my example in case you ever find yourself in a situation where you have protect yourself or family.

Hell if obiden gets round 2
We're all going to jail anyway :flipoff2:
But I concure

then there are a lot of instructors who are going to be in trouble if they should ever end up in court.

I don’t use my real name and I don’t give out social media information.

It’s all just locker room talk..

Why do you use hollow points?
It because they’re deadlier..

Why do you carry a loaded gun? Do you expect trouble?

When you shoot at silhouettes, do you shoot at the head, why?

They’re gonna come at you from so many different angles about what you did, and what you carry that day, saying something on the Internet, the least of your trouble

Reactions: Clb
then there are a lot of instructors who are going to be in trouble if they should ever end up in court.

Why do you use hollow points because they’re deadlier..

You do you.

They’re gonna come at you from so many different angles about what you did, and what you carry that day, saying something on the Internet, the least of your trouble
Ball

Yes

Body moves less

:flipoff2:

some. Not all the time though

I shot both. they both go to the same place on the target, where I’m aiming.

Once those hollow points gets to be about three years old, I’ll rotate in some fresh stuff and get rid of the old stuff at the range
Gravel pit, etc

You're ahead of me a little because my next question was going to be whether or not the other ammo shoots the same as the ball ammo.
Anyway, moving on. Imagine a court room.
"The defendant has admitted they (sometimes) use ball ammo for target practice, but when they load their carry gun they always only load the hollow points and never carry ball ammo. Will you please tell the court why, when you are safe at home, you choose to load hollow points rather than ball ammo?"

Do you doubt this is a possible line of questioning? That river stabbing case recently, DA asked the guy why he didn't leave his knife back at camp, why he needed the knife to go look for a phone, pushing an angle of premeditation and something sinister about merely having the knife.

B
O
Y
HOWDIE

It doesn’t make much of a difference until after at least 100 feet .
And as most selfdefense shootings take place at 10 feet or less and most practice at distances of 10 to 20 feet.

Differently, manufactured rounds have different muzzle velocity’s out of different length of barrels. Fmj hallow point, Grain weight and let’s not forget +P .
At 25 feet or less they’re all still hitting the same place

It’s not making much of a difference until you start making 100f shots
Over 50ft you may notice some rounds are a little bit lower than others. But not by much.

But there are a lot of guys who think they’re gonna be in a gunfight at distances of 100 yards or more…. and those distances they’d be noticing the difference between the different rounds.

Some rifle ammo, with longer a barrel, the groups can open up or tighten up, depending on the brand of ammo .

It doesn’t make much of a difference until after at least 100 feet .
And as most selfdefense shootings take place at 10 feet or less and most practice at distances of 10 to 20 feet.

Differently, manufactured rounds have different muzzle velocity’s out of different length of barrels. Fmj hallow point, Grain weight and let’s not forget +P .
At 25 feet or less they’re all still hitting the same place

It’s not making much of a difference until you start making 100f shots
Over 50ft you may notice some rounds are a little bit lower than others. But not by much.

But there are a lot of guys who think they’re gonna be in a gunfight at distances of 100 yards or more…. and those distances they’d be noticing the difference between the different rounds.

Some rifle ammo, with longer a barrel, the groups can open up or tighten up, depending on the brand of ammo .

Are you always like this? Reading all of your posts in this thread reminds me of my 14 year old nephew and his dumbass friends. They too like to google and spout nonsense like they understand it.

I get the feeling this was the instructor for your self defense classes.

Attachments

• download-14.jpeg
    download-14.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1
Are you always like this? Reading all of your posts in this thread reminds me of my 14 year old nephew and his dumbass friends. They too like to google and spout nonsense like they understand it.

I get the feeling this was the instructor for your self defense classes.

I’m so happy I could bring a little sunshine into your day.:flipoff2:
And I’m so sad, knowing that you’re not my friend

:lmao:

If you haven’t figured it out, I don’t really care if you approve of my opinions or not.
And I did slide a few facts in there, too

So , do you carry?
Do you train.
What training do you have if any?
For how long?

I’m so happy I could bring a little sunshine into your day.:flipoff2:
And I’m so sad, knowing that you’re not my friend

If you haven’t figured it out, I don’t really care if you approve of my opinions or not.
And I did slide a few facts in there, too

So , do you carry?
Do you train.
What training do you have if any?
For how long?

Me? None at all I dont like guns, I think theyre scary.

With a dumbass "nobody is allowed to know things outside the scope of their day job" attitude like that you're in serious danger of retiring to Arizona, or perhaps Idaho. :flipoff2:

With a dumbass "nobody is allowed to know things outside the scope of their day job" attitude like that you're in serious danger of retiring to Arizona, or perhaps Idaho. :flipoff2:

Where did I say nobody is allowed to know things outside the scope of their day job?

I said "he" specifically sounds like my dumbass nephew and his dumbass friends using google references like it comes from a lifetime of experience.

Where did I say nobody is allowed to know things outside the scope of their day job?

I said "he" specifically sounds like my dumbass nephew and his dumbass friends using google references like it comes from a lifetime of experience.

I do, have a lifetime of experience. I was probably proficient at shooting before you were born.

How old are you?
You sound young .

I do, have a lifetime of experience. I was probably proficient at shooting before you were born.

How old are you?
You sound young .

Were they still teaching you to shoot one handed back then? Self defense shit has changed a lot in the last 30yr old man.

Were they still teaching you to shoot one handed back then? Self defense shit has changed a lot in the last 30yr old man.

Sonny, people are still the same.
The tactics haven’t changed.
I remember when the kids thought that the modified Weaver stance was all that.
Each generation thinks they’re so clever, and they came up with something new.

One-handed week side.
If your dominant hand /arm is injured what are you gonna do? I’m gonna reach over to my dominant side and grab my handgun. I’m not gonna fumble around turning it around. I’ll shoot it upside down, I can pull the trigger with my little finger.

You?
Or Are you still practicing your quick draw?

Sonny, people are still the same.
The tactics haven’t changed.
I remember when the kids thought that the modified Weaver stance was all that.
Each generation thinks they’re so clever, and they came up with something new.

And every old man thinks age inherently makes him smart. It just makes you old. Like the old dumbass on the Chevrolet assembly line who thinks he's hot shit because he installs the trim clips in 29 of the 44 allotted seconds when the new guy does it in 35. They're both idiots doing menial labor. But the young guy might make something of himself. Old guy doesn't have enough time for that.

And he tried to obfuscate this with language. Uses words like "sonny" and trying to talk down to people. But he's not fooling anybody. It's 20-fucking-24. Everyone with a double digit IQ is aware of rhetoric like that and reads right by it like it's not even there. Everyone who's life amounted to more can read between those lines and see that his hasn't. And they take him exactly as un-seriously he deserves to be taken. And then he gripes that people don't respect their elders anymore, as if he did anything to earn that respect.

People who are wise and respectable in old age worked consciously or not toward that goal their whole lives.

One-handed week side.
If your dominant hand /arm is injured what are you gonna do? I’m gonna reach over to my dominant side and grab my handgun. I’m not gonna fumble around turning it around. I’ll shoot it upside down, I can pull the trigger with my little finger.

You?
Or Are you still practicing your quick draw?

Whatever you say old man. :laughing:

I don't spend a lot of time training because guns aren't my primary hobby and I don't have delusions of being billy badass. I'd rather just avoid trouble of that sort. And not living in a shithole nor reasonably close to Mexico makes that a pretty tractable solution.

I use expanding bullets because I don't want them going through my target and into something else.

They are safer, not more deadly.

Kind of back on topic

Why do you practice with ball ammo but carry HP?
Ball ammo is cheaper so I can practice and increase my proficiency to minimize misses, and HP are less likely to over penetrate. Both of which greatly reduce the risk to bystanders and nearby property.

Why do you shoot at the head?
Because some people that could be threatening you with a firearm are not always standing in the open and only present their head and arm/hand with the firearm. You should practice for such cases.

Why do you carry a firearm? Are you expecting trouble?
Just watch the news. All parts of the country have robberies, assaults, carjackings, and more. Police have no legal requirement to be present at my side all the time, so I want to be able to defend myself.

Bro. If I had to present your Irate4x4 posts to prove my case, I'd be laughed out of court. No one cares.

1713280540596.png

Top Back Refresh