What's new

Self defense shooting "to stop the threat".

Bro. If I had to present your Irate4x4 posts to prove my case, I'd be laughed out of court. No one cares.
For a bog standard DUI sure. Self defense cases seem to turn into quasi-political, media spectacle witch hunts often enough I wouldn't risk it.

Bro. If I had to present your Irate4x4 posts to prove my case, I'd be laughed out of court. No one cares.

1713280540596.png
:lmao:

When carrying, chambered or not?

1713280540596.png

I'm not saying it is going to be your prime facts in the case, but I'm not taking my chances that they could use nonsense from a forum.

Wasn't that dude just jailed for something he wrote on the internet about Hillary in jest? Wasn't Trump impeached for talking with Ukraine on a phone call? I could go on and on.

World is upside down, laws are being twisted in every direction if you don't follow the right party line.

Edit, what it comes down to is, I guess I just don't have to play the big bad guy on a forum to impress people I don't even know in real life.

Sonny, people are still the same.
The tactics haven’t changed.
I remember when the kids thought that the modified Weaver stance was all that.
Each generation thinks they’re so clever, and they came up with something new.

One-handed week side.
If your dominant hand /arm is injured what are you gonna do? I’m gonna reach over to my dominant side and grab my handgun. I’m not gonna fumble around turning it around. I’ll shoot it upside down, I can pull the trigger with my little finger.

You?
Or Are you still practicing your quick draw?
You sound like a retired local cop. In other words no real training except what you learned at the local community college taught by another washed up local or state cop.

The fact that you think tactics havent changed, are babbling about a modified weaver stance, and weak hand is a dead give away. Or youre just a glowie trying entice something from someone. Either way I wouldn't know, I dont have any training. Guns are bad, m'kay.

:flipoff2:

Fun fact, Highpoint and other guns made of zinc are extra illegal if possessed in New York City.

I'll tell you this, never carry with one in the pipe. It's just too dangerous, you could shoot your foot or worse. I've learned in a couple of classes to distract the BG, maybe point off to your left or something, and when they look away, un-holster your weapon, rack one into the chamber and flick the safety off. I practice this weekly (both strong hand and weak hand) and I'm gtg. You fight like you train!

I'll tell you this, never carry with one in the pipe. It's just too dangerous, you could shoot your foot or worse. I've learned in a couple of classes to distract the BG, maybe point off to your left or something, and when they look away, un-holster your weapon, rack one into the chamber and flick the safety off. I practice this weekly (both strong hand and weak hand) and I'm gtg. You fight like you train!
This is a joke right? Sarcasm? Surely no one is actually this stupid.

This is a joke right? Sarcasm? Surely no one is actually this stupid.

No joke my friend. And practice your tactical reloads for whenever there is a lull in the action -- you might need those extra rounds later.

How much force? It depends on if you want to interrogate the bad guy.

I don’t have a CCW to legally carry away from the property (yet).

At home on the property we are 300+ yards from the highway, and neighbors. There are two gates to get past to get to the house. No one gets to my front door by accident. If someone is hell bent on breaking into my house while we are home they will be stopped. I will try to provide first aid to the best of my ability after calling 911, but with the long response times of EMS out here I can’t make any promises 😕

Kind of back on topic

Why do you practice with ball ammo but carry HP?
Ball ammo is cheaper so I can practice and increase my proficiency to minimize misses, and HP are less likely to over penetrate. Both of which greatly reduce the risk to bystanders and nearby property.
Sounds very reasonable to me, but will it stand up to a test by a DA and/or jury?
If I was on the jury, that's the best reason I could imagine to hear. If I was a DA, I might dig at it a little if I needed to.

Could I subpoena your internet search history to see what kind of rounds you were looking for when you shopped for them, or if you ever looked into ammo types and what they do, etc?

Personal preference. I carried a hammerless 442. I stopped carrying because I'm more fearful of printing and being shot by police than I am of thugs/thieves.
Curious choice. Why a revolver instead of something like a Walther or other compact semi?

I don’t have a CCW to legally carry away from the property (yet).

At home on the property we are 300+ yards from the highway, and neighbors. There are two gates to get past to get to the house. No one gets to my front door by accident. If someone is hell bent on breaking into my house while we are home they will be stopped. I will try to provide first aid to the best of my ability after calling 911, but with the long response times of EMS out here I can’t make any promises 😕
Plus, nobody told you the tourniquet doesn't go around the neck

Curious choice. Why a revolver instead of something like a Walther or other compact semi?

Mentally I can't get comfortable with a cocked semi. I wanted a heavy trigger pull, I wanted something dead bang reliable, and I wanted something I could rely on if someone was basically already on top of me. I trained my CCW strategy to cover my escape, and basically have a gun that will fire when it's pressed into someone's ribs. I tried a G42 but it kept stovepiping (limp wrist). I don't want to every worry about a safety, not having a round chambered, etc. I want old fashioned point and shoot.

But now I don't carry anymore. Situational awareness is more effective than any gun, and continues to be the basket in which I place my eggs. Carrying gave me a false sense of strength, and caused me to be comfortable in situations I might otherwise avoid. Everyone's different, but now I think the wiser course of action is avoiding trouble than being ready to confront it.

Top Back Refresh