What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

I guess you don't use oil or petroleum products then. :laughing:

There's no shortage of shitty countries next in line that will line up to be a first world manufacturing base. China needs us far more than we need them.

Not to say it wouldn't hurt, but the Chinese dependence people act like the US have isn't as concrete as it's made out to be. China knows it, there's a reason they don't shit where we eat. They talk a lot, but they don't have the means to act on it.
Also, the ChiCom economy right now is on VERY shaky ground.

20190108_181621.jpg

I immediately thought the same thing :laughing:

PXL_20220303_002039733~2.jpg

PXL_20220303_002116689~2.jpg

I guess I should find a buyback program nearby now.

Problem is we're more dependent on China by many orders of magnitude than we are on Russia. When was the last time you bought something that said "Made in Russia"? I'll wait....
Not since the ammo ban....

Member of OSCE monitoring mission killed in Kharkiv​

A member of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s special Ukraine monitoring mission was killed on Tuesday during the shelling of Kharkiv, the OSCE has said.

In a statement, the OSCE named the victim as Maryna Fenina, and said she had died “while getting supplies for her family in a city that has become a war zone”.

Kharkiv has withstood the first day of getting blasted, looks like "peace talks" will be round 2 tomorrow/tonight, once those fail, it will be interesting to see how they ramp up the pressure there.

While reading the Jeep lawsuit thread, a link popped up that 3,800 U.S. troops deployed-

Kherson mayor says Russian troops in the streets​

The mayor of the southern Ukrainian port city of Kherson, Igor Kolykhayev, has said Russian troops were in the streets and had forced their way into the city council building, the Reuters news agency reported.

Ukraine’s government had earlier played down reports that Kherson had fallen into Russian hands.

Kolykhayev urged Russian soldiers not to shoot at civilians and publicly called on residents to walk through the streets only in daylight and in ones and twos. “We do not have the Armed Forces in the city, only civilians and people who want to LIVE here!” he said in a statement.

The city is under Russian soldiers’ “complete control”, Russia’s Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said separately.

He said that the city’s civilian infrastructure, essential facilities and transport are operating as usual and that there are no shortages of food or essential goods.

This is an interesting spin of sorts. Kherson has been popping up as both sides claimed victory the past day or so, this is the first report i've seen where both sides agree Russia is in control. Going so far as to say the people there just want to live seems to show the path which (most?) people thought this whole thing was going to go. i.e. russia shows up, forces in, people fear violence, say leave me be and do what you will, russia claims control and "life goes on"

While reading the Jeep lawsuit thread, a link popped up that 3,800 U.S. troops deployed-
In all, the Pentagon has ordered about 12,000 service members from various U.S. bases to Europe, with a couple of thousand more already stationed abroad shifting to other European countries.

sounds like the latest is a bunch of people from Georgia, they are a bit behind all the "quick response" folks who went last week and week before.

Problem is we're more dependent on China by many orders of magnitude than we are on Russia. When was the last time you bought something that said "Made in Russia"? I'll wait....
I have a nice watch from Russia, and was looking at a few axes, and several pewpew and many of the p's in the pew's.

Son in law's tank division should just be getting there. I think it's crap and corrupt Joe is about to get some of our soldiers killed. I hope I am wrong.
thus far, joe is doing a helluva job keeping US Soldiers out of death. it's funny watching all sides say "we must do everything possible for Ukraine! but we must not send in any people!" :laughing:

thus far, joe is doing a helluva job keeping US Soldiers out of death. it's funny watching all sides say "we must do everything possible for Ukraine! but we must not send in any people!" :laughing:

Yeah, send in your son or daughter, not mine.

I bought a case of Russian ammo the week prior to the invasion. Now I’m wishing I had bought two or three cases. :(

If Mexico had done this at the height of the cold war I have no doubt the US would have invaded to keep the evil commies away.
The US was hours away from invading Cubs to prevent communist Russian Soviet Nuclear missiles being there

I just saw a video where there was a Russian convoy and civilian Ukrainians were standing in the road blocking it
Basically daring the Russians to shoot unarmed civilians , and they didn’t even flinch when the Russian soldier got out and blew a few rounds into the air .

They stood right there in front of the trucks and didn’t move .
Gotta give the civilians respect for that .
Although I’m sure the soldiers were able to intimidate them and roll on but they didn’t show that part on tv

Where is the Ukraine military ?

We’re they all busy elsewhere so this convoy slipped by ?

The really weird part is there is hardly any video of the fighting .

Some video of the artillery and bombs but none of the fighting

I just saw a video where there was a Russian convoy and civilian Ukrainians were standing in the road blocking it
Basically daring the Russians to shoot unarmed civilians , and they didn’t even flinch when the Russian soldier got out and blew a few rounds into the air .

They stood right there in front of the trucks and didn’t move .
Gotta give the civilians respect for that .
Although I’m sure the soldiers were able to intimidate them and roll on but they didn’t show that part on tv

Where is the Ukraine military ?

We’re they all busy elsewhere so this convoy slipped by ?

The really weird part is there is hardly any video of the fighting .

Some video of the artillery and bombs but none of the fighting
There seems to have been very little fighting outside of artillery and city encircling.

And some air space back and forth, but very little

It's been a week and the un only has verified a couple hundred dead

Heres a decent video, that gives a good insight to what is potentially up Putin sleeve;

Just watched this and came to post it!!!! Excellent video and breakdown of what’s happened and happening over there and why!!!!! Only 30 minutes as well for you ADHD types!!!!

Been like 2 stooges in a fight so far.
So many people are, or pretend to be, invested in this.
I just can't find a reason to invest. Let the chips fall.
Until America is problem-free, I have a hard time hitching my horse to this burning wagon.

Been like 2 stooges in a fight so far.
So many people are, or pretend to be, invested in this.
I just can't find a reason to invest. Let the chips fall.
Until America is problem-free, I have a hard time hitching my horse to this burning wagon.
I mean didn’t the United States fund and orchestrate a coup in Ukraine in 2014 that ousted the pro Russian government there? I’d love to see how deep Biden‘s shady profiteering runs in Ukraine. If Pooty Poo can expose that information than this just sounds like two corrupt shit holes colliding to me.

sounds like the latest is a bunch of people from Georgia, they are a bit behind all the "quick response" folks who went last week and week before.

There are way more soldiers and equipment coming in than is being told. Way more.
Constant air travel at night, plane noise but no lights, way to much landing in Kaiserslautern and Frankfurt.

If it hasn't been said, there is now a 1mil bounty on Putin.

Top Back Refresh