What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

The rest of Europe crows that sanctions from this war will tank the Roosky economy. Then the inevitable reply from Moscow - " economic wars can lead to real wars"

Do you really think with these incompetent idiots if you lined up a run and came in hot and low you could not take out most of the line and be out of there before they put their cigarettes down and figured WTF was going on? I think calling it dominated airspace is a little rich if reports of many of the russian troops not even being enlisted men is true. Sure in a real war. But I'm not thinking this is what is going on here.

The Mig 25 from 50 years ago had a down look range of what, 50 miles ?

Do you really think with these incompetent idiots if you lined up a run and came in hot and low you could not take out most of the line and be out of there before they put their cigarettes down and figured WTF was going on? I think calling it dominated airspace is a little rich if reports of many of the russian troops not even being enlisted men is true. Sure in a real war. But I'm not thinking this is what is going on here.
If they don't have radar up and running anywhere in the area and know hundreds of miles out that there is an incoming aircraft...

I don't know what to believe, but I still think if it was possible it would have already been done. Theres no way russia would put their equipment in that position without a strong air defense be it through detection and interception or just through spaa. I believe the main bulk of Russia ground force is conscripts and the like but risking extremely valuable and strategic air assets to incompetent pilots and commanders?

Someone explain to me how Ukraine is still carrying out drone strikes if their airports are all destroyed and the Russians have air superiority.

I don't think Ukraine is hitting that column because they're too busy dealing with problems inside their borders first.

Someone explain to me how Ukraine is still carrying out drone strikes if their airports are all destroyed and the Russians have air superiority.

I don't think Ukraine is hitting that column because they're too busy dealing with problems inside their borders first.
Because they still have airports in UKR controlled regions and only using drones in their own occupied air space?

The Russian column Does look like a tasty target :smokin:
Several MILES of:

1646254693115.png

I would just like to say the speculation here is top notch. The google search anal logistic statics are first rate. Promotions to web battle commanders are in order.
I've been following here, comments section is even stronger (though a bit libtard at times) than here:

Because they still have airports in UKR controlled regions and only using drones in their own occupied air space?

That doesn't sound like Russia doesn't control the skies yet if they're able to fly fixed-wing prop-driven drones without getting blown out of the sky.

Just saw on the financial channel a piece about how they've locked down assets of some of the Oligarchs, with the thought that they can pressure Putin. I have my doubts that it will work, but we'll see.

Just saw on the financial channel a piece about how they've locked down assets of some of the Oligarchs, with the thought that they can pressure Putin. I have my doubts that it will work, but we'll see.
I just watched a video on youtube with Nikki Haley and it was said that a number of private oil companies have either stopped buying Russian oil or stopped refining it.

Fantasy war posting. Uh, fuck, forget it.:flipoff2: Maybe one of you can comment on the actual deployment and execution of drone strikes and the need for satellites or airborne surveillance. The airborne surveillance requires air superiority. I dont think the Ukies have either. :idea: But I'll pass and listen, read very closely so that I can get educated. :laughing:
for the airborne surveillance, ukraine probably has the edge over russia here EXCEPT for the damage done already to the their infrastructure and communications networks. NATO has massive air surveillance capability and it would be beyond amazing if they refused to share this stuff with ukraine. Certainly not the flying overhead and everything monitored stuff, but i'd bet they've got more reliable and current info than the russians.

drones just fly in the sky and maybe lob a bomb or two, pretty basic stuff

russia should have total air dominance. they don't, for reasons unknown, maybe it's all just a shell cover (but then WTF were they doing in Syria, magic?) ukraine airspace is 'contested' and not all airports have been destroyed. Even a destroyed airport may not be destroyed enough to be unusable.

Is there a read there on that Muzzie action in the Philippines ? Where they took a city and actually held off the army for some time ? The regular Phil army untrained and ill equipped for urban carnage war against a determined, nee suicidal enemy.
No, but that is an interesting conflict. The book's focus is "modern"- Hue, AFG (soviet), Panama, Khafji '91, Somalia, Grozny, Bosnia, AFG ('01-02), Iraq '03, Baghdad '04, and Iraq '06 are covered. It's actually quite interesting.

Must be a limited publication though. Not on Amazon:flipoff2:

Forests Of Steel

I just watched a video on youtube with Nikki Haley and it was said that a number of private oil companies have either stopped buying Russian oil or stopped refining it.

Europe, the USA, Australia, Japan etc have all colluded to shut down the Russian banking, export, and virtually any monetary business to tank their economy. Even China to some extent. Basically a substantial portion of the viable world economy. The nation state of Kali also :flipoff2: Russia is facing economic ruin. That's why the Rooskie said "economic war can lead to real war" FWIW

Europe, the USA, Australia, Japan etc have all colluded to shut down the Russian banking, export, and virtually any monetary business to tank their economy. Even China to some extent. Basically a substantial portion of the viable world economy. The nation state of Kali also :flipoff2: Russia is facing economic ruin. That's why the Rooskie said "economic war can lead to real war" FWIW
IMO Putin reeled out his dick and proceeded to stomp all over it while wearing golf shoes. I don't believe he expected the world reaction he's gotten.

IMO Putin reeled out his dick and proceeded to stomp all over it while wearing golf shoes. I don't believe he expected the world reaction he's gotten.
and if he has simply recognized and stayed within the "boundaries" of the breakaways, even the larger boundaries, he wouldn't have had most of this shit to deal with.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind going farther/bombing kiev etc.

and if he has simply recognized and stayed within the "boundaries" of the breakaways, even the larger boundaries, he wouldn't have had most of this shit to deal with.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind going farther/bombing kiev etc.
What I've heard is that he's (Putin) terrified of having Ukraine as a member of NATO, or at least allied with the west, and Ukraine allowing missiles to be stationed in country, close to Moscow.

Top Back Refresh