What's new
  • TGIF'nF!! Did you hear about our new Group Buy Program? We're kicking the program off with Baja Designs!

Russia / Ukraine thread

Seems like MS joined the fight.

snip
If MS operating system wasn't built with complete shit code, it wouldn't be a issue. :flipoff2:

This whole situation is getting dumber and dumber. That “40-mile-long” convoy could have been there by now, but they’re just sitting there? Ukraine still has air power, and they’re not dropping bombs on them? And now Belorus is allowing Russian nukes to deploy in their country?

It’s almost like Russia is trying to draw in NATO forces so that they can legitimately claim victim, then start launching nukes, hoping that they and China can rule what’s left of the world.

This whole situation is getting dumber and dumber. That “40-mile-long” convoy could have been there by now, but they’re just sitting there? Ukraine still has air power, and they’re not dropping bombs on them? And now Belorus is allowing Russian nukes to deploy in their country?

It’s almost like Russia is trying to draw in NATO forces so that they can legitimately claim victim, then start launching nukes, hoping that they and China can rule what’s left of the world.
that makes as much sense as anything.

What seems like massive, absolutely massive, amounts of incompetence out of the russian ground force is simply mind-bottling. it can't be real. I'm not even talking about the absurd propaganda on both sides with claims of whatever numbers of whatever, just the much more objective "who controls what" loose areas. There's not even enough progress to say that it is a small amount of units making all the tabloid shots.

I refuse to accept that the russian army is this incompetent.

progress is being made (fun map at link) for sure, kharkiv has been the most interesting city to get updates on this whole week though. It is in the north east and fairly near the border. nope, i don't know the terrain, but this isn't really a maneuver war so I don't believe that terrain matters as much here than elsewhere. maybe that is much of the issue? Kharkiv on like day 2 or 3 "fell" into russian control, but was "freed" again a day or a little over a day later. This is largely agreed upon by all sides reporting. Kharkiv has been an active hotspot since then and is subject to more of the enhanced russian pressure now.

So far, it still seems to be holding out. How long for? whose to say, it may need another week or it may need a couple months. If it crumbles within a week, it will be a sure sign that russia has cracked the nut and will be able to roll with more effort elsewhere. If it holds on for, let's say 2 weeks, then this will absolutely and in no way end favorable to russia regardless of how long it takes afterwards.

from my comfy chair with an ocean between us and them

What seems like massive, absolutely massive, amounts of incompetence out of the russian ground force is simply mind-bottling. it can't be real. I'm not even talking about the absurd propaganda on both sides with claims of whatever numbers of whatever, just the much more objective "who controls what" loose areas. There's not even enough progress to say that it is a small amount of units making all the tabloid shots.

Not only that, but I don't buy the conscripts stuff. They have a professional army that has had not much to do lately, and by SuperPower standards this is not a lot of men, it's not like Stalingrad with one rifle and five rounds for every two soldiers. It's the modern world, believe 10% of what you see, and 1% of what you hear...and I'm being generous.

Dude! It's Mind-boggliing.:laughing::flipoff2:

It’s almost like Russia is trying to draw in NATO forces so that they can legitimately claim victim, then start launching nukes, that they and China can rule what’s left of the world.
I hopE one is pointed at Davos

You mean this convoy? I think it left under the cover of darkness and it's a bunch of decoys.
1646184610934.png

someone makes sense............

I guess he missed Putin's unhinged speech about putting together the old Russian empire. That idea of this being about NATO died that moment. Gutting to see a retired American colonel deep throating Putin on national television. What a fucking rube.

Not only that, but I don't buy the conscripts stuff. They have a professional army that has had not much to do lately, and by SuperPower standards this is not a lot of men, it's not like Stalingrad with one rifle and five rounds for every two soldiers. It's the modern world, believe 10% of what you see, and 1% of what you hear...and I'm being generous.
Western military attaches posted to embassies and consulates in the Soviet Union often attended the parades and took pictures. The Soviets on the other hand were well aware of the importance of these parades to U.S. intelligence, and at least on one occasion duped the Americans into believing they had far more weapons than previously believed. In July 1955, at the Soviet Union’s Aviation Day aerial parade, the Soviets flew ten Bison strategic bombers in formation over the parade route.

Once out of sight from the parade ground, the Bisons looped back around and flew the same route—six times. As a result, U.S. intelligence believed that the Soviets had flown sixty bombers over the parade, not ten, and that this meant Moscow had up to 600 Bison bombers, far more more than previously thought. This precipitated fears of a “bomber gap” in which the Soviets would soon overtake the U.S. in long range bomber production and the popularity of President Eisenhower, who was blamed for the nonexistent “gap” took a hit. In reality, the Soviets had only 23 Bison bombers. Let the watcher beware.

how's that go? - those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Cause every super power country is exactly like us.

49 mins ago (04:37 GMT)

Russian airborne troops land in Kharkiv: Ukraine army​

Russian airborne troops have landed in the eastern city of Kharkiv, the Ukrainian army says, adding that there were immediate clashes.

“Russian airborne troops landed in Kharkiv… and attacked a local hospital,” the army said on messaging app Telegram. “There is an ongoing fight between the invaders and the Ukrainians.”

I mean, fucking seriously? I know it's a great time to make jokes and talk shit about how outdated airborne is....but to land airborne troops into a city attack? What in the fuck? :lmao: who does this? Nobody does this

#LegDayEveryDay

edit: This is one of them things, do i really believe what the ukrainian army is saying? just can't do it, going to look and see if there is any video or other comments in support of that.

Even the best trained, led and equipped troops will take heavy losses in urban combat against someone with a 22 that is defending home and family. I still remember the first day of urban combat training and the instructor told us it doesn't matter how good you are some of you will "die" today, that's just the nature of urban combat. Can't imagine going in with a bunch of conscripts who don't want to be there and don't believe in what they're fighting for.
somewhere I heard a guy defending his home is worth 10 hired solders

this guy has a collection of videos from a few cities

edit: much of the theme seems to be the "playing nice" russian invasion line and "oops, we are lost/just here for training" phase seems to be over. So NOW let's see WTF is really going to go on. Shit or get off the pot

True, but regimes like Putin's can't afford to be humiliated, certainly not on purpose.

Has anybody in this fucking thread actually listened to Putin's speech before he ordered his "mission"?

He's doing EXACTLY what he said he would, and you fucktards think this is a "takeover" like Iraq (I or II, and then X)?

No civilian casualties, no destruction of infrastructure that citizens need, no occupation, no land grab. That was the intent, with certain targets to be achieved.

He's shaking things up on much lower levels than 99% of people don't even know about.

I'm not a fan boi, by any means. He has a plan, and it's shaking things out WAY, WAY more past this incursion.

Like that Truckers peaceful protest in Canada, while not doing much except BEING there, brought out, or exposed the pussies who think they can run things.

Putin is no dumbass. He's stirring the same deep waters as above.

I mean, fucking seriously? I know it's a great time to make jokes and talk shit about how outdated airborne is....but to land airborne troops into a city attack? What in the fuck? :lmao: who does this? Nobody does this

#LegDayEveryDay

edit: This is one of them things, do i really believe what the ukrainian army is saying? just can't do it, going to look and see if there is any video or other comments in support of that.
This whole thing is a big acting job. I don't believe any of it.

This whole thing is a big acting job. I don't believe any of it.

I have nothing to add, but completely agree. I almost feel like we've all been tricked. It was kinda fun to buy into the Ukraine propaganda at first.

Yes, let's invade another sovereign nation, y'know, since that always works out well for the invader. Ref. Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine.:homer::lmao:

Finally. After however many years between the old site and here, you post something sensical. Will wonders never cease?

Ukraine is a western nation. I do business with them. They are totally different people compared to Iraq and AFG. It's an up and coming nation; lots of IT, tech, and design companies doing innovative and good things.

Has anybody in this fucking thread actually listened to Putin's speech before he ordered his "mission"?

He's doing EXACTLY what he said he would, and you fucktards think this is a "takeover" like Iraq (I or II, and then X)?

No civilian casualties, no destruction of infrastructure that citizens need, no occupation, no land grab. That was the intent, with certain targets to be achieved.

He's shaking things up on much lower levels than 99% of people don't even know about.

I'm not a fan boi, by any means. He has a plan, and it's shaking things out WAY, WAY more past this incursion.

Like that Truckers peaceful protest in Canada, while not doing much except BEING there, brought out, or exposed the pussies who think they can run things.

Putin is no dumbass. He's stirring the same deep waters as above.

LMAO then why the MLRS attacks on civilian buildings? Why the shit show with logistics? Why does this excuse invading another country?

You're a Putin nut swinging troll.

Credible end game plan, unfortunately...

Top Back Refresh