What's new
  • TGIF'nF!! Did you hear about our new Group Buy Program? We're kicking the program off with Baja Designs!

Russia / Ukraine thread

For the record, the US doesn't have any nuclear powered cruisers anymore. The only nuclear powered ships are the aircraft carriers and subs.
What? Nuclear powered ships or ships with nuclear missiles?

1646012127249.png

There's a second airframe, one would assume it would make sense to rebuild and make it operational. They are getting 30k an hour even if they bump prices it would probably still make sense for the things that it transports.
ezgif-7-c8e21cdd4b.jpg
Chassis #2 is supposed to be housed at the same location.....

Photo of the hanger where #1 is stored.

Hostomel-AN-225.png

What? Nuclear powered ships or ships with nuclear missiles?
Both technically...the cruisers (aka Ticonderoga class) are conventionally powered and as far as anyone is aware, they do not carry nuclear ordinance regularly.

If Biden had some balls; he would lend a couple of THAAD batteries to Ukrain.

Right now I think Putin needs to save face; he's done. The next 72 hours and this shit show will be over. What I see is the Russian troops had no idea they were going to invade Ukrain.

Taking in to consideration all the battles Russia and putin have been in, this one is a different playbook.

Either something is seriously wrong with putin, or the analysis and misinformation is seriously off..

Objectively, I'm going with the latter.

Decades of and dozens of people considering him a stone cold killer, strategic, surgical, the background of putin led attacks, this build up, and this is the "result"? Color me skeptical with what we're seeing.

(Though I do hope I'm wrong)

I also believe that putin does feel at wits end and frustrated with decades of trying to be a "serious" country, and no one accepting him/ Russia into those circles. If anything, I'd agree, he's "tried" but only gets egg on his face from the west. We (the west) don't accept him because (I think) for only petty reasons: he's not the west, him and China make a good boogeyman, irrespective of his attempts and possible merit. Right or wrong.

In layman's terms, the west has two circles, the west and those who dont kowtow/ enemies. Russia/ China, get lumped into the same group as the rest. They're in a different realm in my opinion, but that's not how they are treated.

Also, I do find it ironic that the ballsiest leaders in nearly two decades have been people the media/ bureaucracy/ west has shown 0 respect towards. Again, right wrong or indifferent.

I was just reading a little about, and listening to some of the interviews of one Col. Doug MacGregor (Ret.)

What's irate's opinion of this man? His take seems quite different than the other talking heads. Very matter of fact and very certain.

Basically, his assessment is:

Russia will win easily, most of what we're fed is trash, Zolensky is far from the choir boy he's portrayed as and Putin is not nearly the insane lunatic he's being portrayed as. Essentially he wants Ukraine up to the Dnieper because, in fact, a large swath of the people there are indeed Russians and if Zolensky is smart, he'll concede the East and take what's left. He advocates for the Ukranians to throw in the towel before the folly of fighting back needlessly costs thousands of lives.

Some of what he says about NATO and its fractured alliance along with the German/Russian relations seem to be counter to what we're seeing, especially in the last 24 hours, so to me it calls into question his broader assessment of the situation.

Of course I'm no retired full bird so what do I know.

I was just reading a little about, and listening to some of the interviews of one Col. Doug MacGregor (Ret.)

What's irate's opinion of this man? His take seems quite different than the other talking heads. Very matter of fact and very certain.

Russia will win easily, most of what we're fed is trash, Zolensky is far from the choir boy he's portrayed as and Putin is not nearly the insane lunatic he's being portrayed as. Essentially he wants Ukraine up to the Dnieper because, in fact, a large swath of the people there are indeed Russians and if Zolensky is smart, he'll concede the East and take what's left. He advocates for the Ukranians to throw in the towel before the folly of fighting back needlessly costs thousands of lives.

Some of what he says about NATO and its fractured alliance along with the German/Russian relations seem to be counter to what we're seeing, especially in the last 24 hours, so to me it calls into question his broader assessment of the situation.

He's about 4 years too late in the court of public opinion as families send their kids to Poland and turn around to open a can of WHOOPASS in region.

Last edited:
It took us THREE WEEKS in 2003 to take Baghdad. Against an enemy that did not seem as motivated or as well equipped as the Ukrainians. So far this has gone on for just 5 days.

Just sayin...

Ah!
I remember Col. MacGregor from the Battle of 73 Easting.
He was a M1A1 tank commander; part of the 'right hook' that took on/took out the Iraqi Republican Guard.

It took us THREE WEEKS in 2003 to take Baghdad. Against an enemy that did not seem as motivated or as well equipped as the Ukrainians. So far this has gone on for just 5 days.

Just sayin...
It's interesting to say the least.

I'd also say we have far more focus.

:usa:

Ah!
I remember Col. MacGregor from the Battle of 73 Easting.
He was a M1A1 tank commander; part of the 'right hook' that took on/took out the Iraqi Republican Guard.

I was SST 1/12th Cav, attached to 24th Mech ID. then.

He's been left behind. This is not Cav or CDaT territory.

Maybe because she isn't a backseat driver like most of us here?
oh yeah? what has she been driving for the past decade? is she out there negotiating at the table? sitting on a NATO panel? same reason I don't really care what GWB or Chaney have to say about it either :flipoff2:

oh yeah? what has she been driving for the past decade? is she out there negotiating at the table? sitting on a NATO panel? same reason I don't really care what GWB or Chaney have to say about it either :flipoff2:

How many minutes have you personally spent in the Ukraine and in Russia?

Maybe because she isn't a backseat driver like most of us here?
This does call into question, with the amount of... respect?... strategy/ cold calculations putin exhibits, according to those in the know

Why does this seem polar opposite, this one time? :stirthepot:

If Biden had some balls; he would lend a couple of THAAD batteries to Ukrain.

Right now I think Putin needs to save face; he's done. The next 72 hours and this shit show will be over. What I see is the Russian troops had no idea they were going to invade Ukrain.
Most of the video I have seen confirms this as well. They dont want to fight. They were lied to.

How many minutes have you personally spent in the Ukraine and in Russia?
none.

she's met putin a dozen time 2ish decades ago.

are you the same person you were 20 years ago? is the world the same 20 years ago? what has rice been doing during that time.....working with ukraine and russia?

This does call into question, with the amount of... respect?... strategy/ cold calculations putin exhibits, according to those in the know

Why does this seem polar opposite, this one time? :stirthepot:
begs the question, when was the last time that Russia was tested as a ground force? they were largely an air force in Syria, they were largely supporting rebellion and "unofficial" during Crimea and eastern ukraine revolution, they were entirely unopposed when they went into Georgia. Yes, they are obviously pushing for negotiations, and also yes there is massive mis-information and propaganda on all 5 sides of this, but there really have been helicopters and airplanes and tanks lost to conflict. By all rights, that shouldn't have happened at all :confused: especially not all 3 within the first like 2 days.

something is amiss and I don't think it is merely an effect of sending in troops who aren't the best. There is next to no military mind that doesn't lead with a strong front.

Top Back Refresh